Rush Fly By Night Concert Pics -- St. Louis, MO (04/13/1975)

Jag2112

Neil has to be miserable.. he's using a drum case for a stool!

Wonder if his regular seat/stool got lost in transit. Must have.

Great pics!! Thank you!!

Actually, at the time this was fairly common. Many drummers sat on their hardware cases, they even had cushioned tops for that very purpose. I believe that Neil did this until at least 1977.

That's right—that is an actual dual-purpose drum throne and case for odds and ends (stick bag, smaller pieces of hardware, etc.). A lot of drum kits in the 70s came with one. Sometimes they matched the finish with the kit, such as with some of the clear acrylic Ludwig Vistalites higher end kits.

Jag dude... thank for posting this! These are rare pictures, at least for my eyeballs...

I'll bet the boys have some very fond memories of "back in the day" even though some of those times were rough ones.

And, just think, it was only 5 years later that they sold out three nights in a row at the Keil Auditorium (10,000 seater).

Neil has to be miserable.. he's using a drum case for a stool!

Wonder if his regular seat/stool got lost in transit. Must have.

Great pics!! Thank you!!

Actually, at the time this was fairly common. Many drummers sat on their hardware cases, they even had cushioned tops for that very purpose. I believe that Neil did this until at least 1977.

Wow, had no idea. Never too old to learn something new. Thanks!

Thank you for sharing! These are great photos! And I'm trying to figure out if Geddy is wearing a shirt or not... I think he is, but it looks like he isn't. And with that thought, I'm off to bed.

:)

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing! These are great photos! And I'm trying to figure out if Geddy is wearing a shirt or not... I think he is, but it looks like he isn't. And with that thought, I'm off to bed.

Damn. Can't help but wonder if you're wearing a shirt now.. :P

Hey Mika,

I'd say there's an 80 % chance that Geddy is wearing a T shirt... it's mid-April and everyone has a shirt on. But, that doesn't mean you can't pretend, right? (I meam, YOU, not me.)

Wouldn't it be cool to find out who the young woman is (holding the Rush kite) in the picture where Neil and Alex and talking to fans?

Just like a few years ago, when the media thought they had found the young Afgan woman who, decades earlier, had appeared on the front cover of Time (I think it was Time) Magazine? The woman with the beautiful blue eyes...

The girl holding the kite looks about 17 or so in that shot... okay, so WHO is it?

Edited by Thunder Bay Rush

Wouldn't it be cool to find out who the young woman is (holding the Rush kite) in the picture where Neil and Alex and talking to fans?

Just like a few years ago, when the media thought they had found the young Afgan woman who, decades earlier, had appeared on the front cover of Time (I think it was Time) Magazine? The woman with the beautiful blue eyes...

The girl holding the kite looks about 17 or so in that shot... okay, so WHO is it?

I'm fairly certain that's Geddy's wife...

It was national geographic. Unless you're talking about the nude girl in front of the tank.. Don't think she had blue eyes though.. Damn this is a weird post lol

Edited by MMCXII