Freewill Humor

xx2112xx

So, a friend of mine (who knows I'm a Rush fanatic) just wrote this on my Facebook Wall.

"So, today, in a class on health policy, a professor asked me why anyone would want canadian healthcare. Various answers arose, and finally I said "You can choose to have bad health ignoring doctors voice, and if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. You can choose from far and near for diseases that can kill, but I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose free pills." Only he got it. We bonded hard."

I had to share.

=)

Edited by xx2112xx
  • Like 3

So, a friend of mine just wrote this on my Facebook Wall.

"So, today, in a class on health policy, a professor asked me why anyone would want canadian healthcare. Various answers arose, and finally I said "You can choose to have bad health ignoring doctors voice, and if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. You can choose from far and near for diseases that can kill, but I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose free pills." Only he got it. We bonded hard."

I had to share.

=)

Nice..! :D

I'm not sure what's more impressive, the nicely constructed verse your friend used or that the prof got it and spoke up.

However I'd just like to let you know that meds are far from free. I have to claim something like $2000 in pills before my insurance starts paying. It's seeing a doctor and going to the hospital that's free (unless you choose to go private). No hard feelings. I just cringed at the last line and wanted to clarify.

Edited by USB Connector

"I will choose free pills"... Classic!

Ayn Rand's dystopian near-future where mega-Pharms saturate your Bluetooth earbuds with 24-7 ads for panacea placebo pills to cure your psychobabble ills...

Hard bonding Rush fans barely begins to describe it, eh? ;)

Kind of reminds me of the debate I was having with my mother last night (she believes her faith is the only right way, I disagree). I heard myself hollering "I was brought up to believe!!!"

Hahahaha.

• Like 2

So, a friend of mine (who knows I'm a Rush fanatic) just wrote this on my Facebook Wall.

I had to share.

=)

:ebert: :cheers:

This thread reminds me of back in English class, 1979. Our teacher actually brought in a copy of A Farewell To Kings and started reading some of Neil's lyrics. He then went on to disect them and helped us to understand what Neil was trying to accomplish with his work. The funny thing is (or was?) that this teacher didn't know that there were about 7 or 8 Rush freaks iin his class at the time.

Ever since that day, "Mr. Lavarench" was THE coolest teacher ever. But, later that year, he got fired because the vice-principal (dickhead) caught him smokin' a J with a couple students in the parking lot!

This story is true and "very 1970s."

I'm sitting here on my laptop overhearing the news in the next room.

they're doing a poll on what kind of eggs people buy..

then I hear one woman say, "I will choose free range"..

I swear I'm not making this up or smoking anything.. crazy lol

You can choose a free range box, from some organic farm

If you choose the store brand eggs, your food will still have charm

You can choose to scramble them, in ways that aren't that strange

I will choose a hard boiled egg, I will choose free range!

I know, I know.. it's pretty terrible.

What do you expect at 1:45am?