Brand new Best Beatles album poll - forget what you picked last time, what's your favourite today?

treeduck

What is the best Beatles album for you?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Beatles album?

• Please Please Me
    • With the Beatles
    • A Hard Day's Night
    • Beatles For Sale
    • Help!
    • Rubber Soul
    • Revolver
    • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    • Magical Mystery Tour
    • The Beatles (The White Album)
    • Yellow Submarine
    • Abbey Road
    • Let it Be
    • Past Masters Volume 1
    • Past Masters Volume 2

The Beatles are one group that really lends itself to a compilation.

To several, actually! I love this 1 as well:

http://lyricsmusic.name/img/photos/athe-beatles-the-beatles-1.jpg

That one is excellent!

:smoke: :guitar: :NP:

Been listening to it quite a bit lately.

Another one you might like is this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gpH18PKsXqo/UFct1NuMxtI/AAAAAAAAJso/ffhbU_L1smY/s1600/beatles-love.jpg

This one features songs mashed together like medleys with bits of other songs linking them together or right in the middle. It's very like a live performance, very cleverly done by George Martin, as if they'd played say a one-off gig in 1970 as a farewell or something but without the crowd noise.

I cant really pick a fave. At various times in my life I've said Sgt. Pepper, Revolver, Rubber Soul, and Abbey Road. The White album has alot of ok stuff but it's top 14 tracks (since most Beatles albums have 14 or so tracks) could be as good as anything theyve done. I love the vibe of MMT as a whole record but individually it's not their best work. I totally love Help! and I think it's as groundbreaking as anything theyve ever done for it's time, but you could say that about any of their first 4 albums too, I guess.

I suppose I could make an argument for or against any of their albums and I could talk about the good, the great and the not-so-great with any of their releases. I just like to enjoy their music and not really like to debate about it.

ok, so I decided to vote anyway and went with Rubber Soul. Couldda went with 4 or 5 others easily. Thought I'd give Rubber Soul some love.

Edited by Bastille Dave
  • Like 1

LOVE simply presented The Beatles music in a new context. I never listen to it, the originals are all I need, but it was done in the right way.

I listened once. Fairly well done...isn't it a soundtrack to the show?

I could talk about the good, the great and the not-so-great with any of their releases.

That's why I went with a flawless compilation. The blue, then the red. Cheating, I know.