The Bengals brought down to earth, Dalton is what he is, an average QB.

I would describe him as inconsistent. Showing excellence one week and ineptitude the next. Frustrating for himself, his team, and his fans.

Excellence is a little strong. He can be very good, but I think we've seen the ceiling on him.

http://espn.go.com/n...an-martin-case? Sources: NFLPA eyes Incognito in Martin case

I'm glad we can relax and savor that victory.

The O Line depth isn't too great, but Incognito is only marginally valuable. The guy is always committing penalties at inopportune times, and sometimes they are silly PFs.

http://espn.go.com/n...an-martin-case? Sources: NFLPA eyes Incognito in Martin case

The O Line depth isn't too great, but Incognito is only marginally valuable. The guy is always committing penalties at inopportune times, and sometimes they are silly PFs.

Good to see this team doing so much to build up the team chemistry. How many years has it been since they've even appeared in a Super Bowl again? Almost 30 years?

Good to see this team doing so much to build up the team chemistry. How many years has it been since they've even appeared in a Super Bowl again? Almost 30 years?

Why do you ask questions you know the answers to?

• Like 1

Why do you ask questions you know the answers to?

Sorry. They were more rhetorical than anything else.

Turns out that extortion, harassment, or robbery might be better suited to describe the "bullying" on the team. This is not good.

Nope. This sucks. We don't need this sh1t.

It's funny to watch all these ex-players justify the locker room culture of the NFL, which is essentially the culture of a middle school locker room.

Contrast with what Bill Polian says about the culture of the Colts, and prior to that, the Bills. It's hard to argue with the success Polian had over the last 25 years running professional organizations. A professional organization helps newcomers be successful, not tear them down. The teams that are always on top are run like professional organizations, not Lord Of The Flies.

• Like 2

It's funny to watch all these ex-players justify the locker room culture of the NFL, which is essentially the culture of a middle school locker room.

Contrast with what Bill Polian says about the culture of the Colts, and prior to that, the Bills. It's hard to argue with the success Polian had over the last 25 years running professional organizations. A professional organization helps newcomers be successful, not tear them down. The teams that are always on top are run like professional organizations, not Lord Of The Flies.

:goodone:

Lord Of The Flies, indeed.

The sadistic frat-boy culture that exists in certain (but not all) all-male organizations is truly sickening. Football teams, military academies, and other similar organizations are breeding grounds for such pathetic behavior. Often, there are at least 1-2 creeps (like Neidermeyer from Animal House) who take the hazing to extreme levels, while the rest of the gang just goes along with it or chooses to do nothing about it.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. (Edmund Burke)

Incognito needs to live up to his name.

I think the NFL is taking care of that for him.

Contrast what Tony Dungy and Bill Polian have said that they put Incognito on their "do not draft" list (which is basically saying they would not have him on their team if he paid them) with the Dolphins, who have him as part of a leadership group. There's still this old-school stupidity that runs through the league, and it's generally getting its butt kicked by the professional organizations.

Ex teammate comments:

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-dolphins-lydon-murtha/

The NFL allows people to become giant adults without ever growing up. The view of "manhood" is exactly the same view that is shared by troubled middle school students. I'll wager the Dolphins are going to pay Martin 8 figures in a legal settlement, and he will walk away with that plus a Stanford degree and hopefully have a good life.

This is why you've got to really have great scouts who can spot any kind of shortcomings or potential problems so you don't draft guys like this.

This didn't take advance scouting. His troubles were widely known and publicized. I think the Dolphins let him in as a "second" chance type of situation, and by all accounts he was a very positive influence recently. By all accounts except Martin's, of course. I mean, his teammates are still defending Incognito. Contrast that with that Eagle's dude and you have to believe that Incognito was doing something right by his teammates.

Nothing here is meant to minimize Incognito's behavior. As far as I'm concerned, the Dolphins need to cut his ass as soon as possible. And if any coaches told him to do this, the Dolphins need to fire that guy as well...both for the order to toughen Martin up and the lack of oversight in making sure things were kosher.

This is why you've got to really have great scouts who can spot any kind of shortcomings or potential problems so you don't draft guys like this.

This didn't take advance scouting. His troubles were widely known and publicized. I think the Dolphins let him in as a "second" chance type of situation, and by all accounts he was a very positive influence recently. By all accounts except Martin's, of course. I mean, his teammates are still defending Incognito. Contrast that with that Eagle's dude and you have to believe that Incognito was doing something right by his teammates.

Nothing here is meant to minimize Incognito's behavior. As far as I'm concerned, the Dolphins need to cut his ass as soon as possible. And if any coaches told him to do this, the Dolphins need to fire that guy as well...both for the order to toughen Martin up and the lack of oversight in making sure things were kosher.

Wasn't he a first round pick or high second round pick? You never take "second chance" kind of guys with a first or second round pick and only a third, fourth or fifth if they should have been a top 5 pick. These kinds of guys I'd only take in the 6th or 7th round or undrafted.

Wasn't he a first round pick or high second round pick? You never take "second chance" kind of guys with a first or second round pick and only a third, fourth or fifth if they should have been a top 5 pick. These kinds of guys I'd only take in the 6th or 7th round or undrafted.

The Dolphins got him a few years after the draft and I don't think they gave up anything to do so (I could be wrong on this). He even won the "good guy award" one year. By all accounts he was turning everything around. Except by Martin's account, of course.

The Dolphins got him a few years after the draft and I don't think they gave up anything to do so (I could be wrong on this). He even won the "good guy award" one year. By all accounts he was turning everything around. Except by Martin's account, of course.

No he was drafted in round 2 pick #42 in 2012 by the Dolphins.

treeduck is talking about Martin, Led is talking about Incognito.

Right, yes well... Although Incognito has been a problem on various teams (Rams) and Martin is the apparently the victim here, in Martin's case his career could be over for good after a just season and a half, so either way you don't want to pick guys like this high in the draft.

I would have never looked at this and thought of Martin as the "problem". Thank you for pointing that out because it never even crossed my mind.

Right, yes well... Although Incognito has been a problem on various teams (Rams) and Martin is the apparently the victim here, in Martin's case his career could be over for good after a just season and a half, so either way you don't want to pick guys like this high in the draft.

Guys that don't like to be threatened with death, called black persons, have their families threatened or be robbed of money?

Guys that don't like to be threatened with death, called black persons, have their families threatened or be robbed of money?

I'm not saying I agree with Incognito, I don't. He's a dick obviously. I don't like what I'm hearing about Incognito, but I don't like what I'm hearing about Martin as a player either. All I'm saying is I wouldn't want either on my team. I want players who play and don't cause problems or get caught up in problems. If Martin had a problem he should have complained to the GM or head coach. They drafted him high, so they obviously wanted him on their team, so surely they would have listened to him and helped him, they needed to. If they didn't then the GM and HC are as worthless as Incognito to the Dolphins..

• Like 1

If Martin had a problem he should have complained to the GM or head coach.

This is where I agree with some critics of Martin. There is an expectation of the players, especially the bigger players, to stand up to any player who messes with them. Martin should have taken care of Incognito man-to-man - verbally or physically. If that didn't work, if Incognitio continued the abuse, then Martin should have gone to the coaching staff.

When someone starts bullying you, and you're big enough to defend yourself, then you defend yourself. You don't go running to the teacher.