Who cuts the cheese?

Tom Sawyer

Dill Havarti is so creamy and smooooooth, melts at 80­° mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BUT,

I also love Mozzarella. Nothing plugs up your arteries like a big ball of mozzarella! STRING CHEESE!! :drool:

Sharp Smokey Cheddar!

STREEEEECH your imagination!

Can anyone name the only animal milk that cannot be made into cheese? There's a big prize...

Only one I can think of is pig... never seen a pig's milk cheese.

EDIT - or human milk cheese. Never seen that one either...

Edited by Lost In Xanadu
  • Like 2

Our current family favorite is Havarti - best grilled cheese. We also buy a lot of aged Provolone, Muenster, Mozz, Cheddar, baby Swiss... my personal favorite is Habanero Jack.

Nothing wrong with a smoked Gouda

A fromagiere, technically.

I like Stilton and other blued cheeses. mmmm.....pungent.....

Our current family favorite is Havarti - best grilled cheese. We also buy a lot of aged Provolone, Muenster, Mozz, Cheddar, baby Swiss... my personal favorite is Habanero Jack.

Dude...you live in the Cheese Meca! :LOL:

• Like 1

Ever had epoisse? Runny, very very blue. Probably just a step or two away from penicillin. Strong smell, but it's sooooo good. It's pretty pricey, though.

• Like 1

I loves me some cheese. There's always a wide variety in the fridge.

I like Parmesan (the real stuff but the rest of the household enjoys the green tubed stuff, so much so that I have to get the mondo huge tubs from Costco)

Mozzarella (great as a snack with tomatoes and fresh basil - a cheese I prefer to eat on its own rather than shoved in stuff - I'm not picky though!)

Blue cheese (on a salad - yum)

Monterey Jack

Gruyere (probably my favorite although maybe in a tie with...)

Extra sharp white cheddar (you know the kind, where you eat it and your jaw tingles it's so powerful)

My least favorite is Swiss. It's so boring. The only time I eat it is on a reuben sandwich. Also not really a fan of muenster. These two cheese are too mellow imo.

I'm a HUGE fan of experimenting with grilled cheese sandwiches. These are great combos: gruyere, carmelized onions and a tangy mustard... my youngest loves brie on toasted french bread with cranberry sauce.

Dude...you live in the Cheese Meca! :LOL:

Yeah, I'm a Cheesehead too!! Cheese is a food group all by itself!! :drool: :drool:

Ever had epoisse? Runny, very very blue. Probably just a step or two away from penicillin. Strong smell, but it's sooooo good. It's pretty pricey, though.

No, I haven't tried epoisse. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks, Mara :) :cheers:

American cheese...best brand?

That shit's not cheese. :rage: It can't even be legally labelled as such, which is why you see Kraft S(h)ingles and Velveeta labels say "Processed Cheese Food".

Velveeta is handy for making fudge (no really, it's awesome and does not taste remotely of Velveeta), but that's it.

mom made the most outrageous cheesecake, oh man, so smooth and creamy, no other has ever come close to moms cheescake. last tasted it about 1980 or 1981. She doens't bake anymore.

Just took my sis-in-law to a local cheesery... she loved the fresh cheese curds and some of the cheese made for the grill that had bacon in it.

I asked what their hottest cheese was and got a Ghost/Habanero cheese. Very tasty! My wife picked a cranberry cheddar (very good), my daughter picked a chocolate cheese (not great, but better than I expected) and my son picked a mango fire cheese (I liked that one quite a bit also)

Just took my sis-in-law to a local cheesery... she loved the fresh cheese curds and some of the cheese made for the grill that had bacon in it.

I asked what their hottest cheese was and got a Ghost/Habanero cheese. Very tasty! My wife picked a cranberry cheddar (very good), my daughter picked a chocolate cheese (not great, but better than I expected) and my son picked a mango fire cheese (I liked that one quite a bit also)

Mars Cheese Castle? :huh:

We went there and the place next door. The Castle is for tourists... more expensive. Bobby Nelson is a local joint that we like to go to.

We went there and the place next door. The Castle is for tourists... more expensive. Bobby Nelson is a local joint that we like to go to.

I've never been in Bobby Nelson. If it's cheaper, we'll have to stop there next time.