Who cuts the cheese?

Tom Sawyer

Just took my sis-in-law to a local cheesery... she loved the fresh cheese curds and some of the cheese made for the grill that had bacon in it.

I asked what their hottest cheese was and got a Ghost/Habanero cheese. Very tasty! My wife picked a cranberry cheddar (very good), my daughter picked a chocolate cheese (not great, but better than I expected) and my son picked a mango fire cheese (I liked that one quite a bit also)

Mars Cheese Castle? :huh:

We went there and the place next door. The Castle is for tourists... more expensive. Bobby Nelson is a local joint that we like to go to.

I've never been in Bobby Nelson. If it's cheaper, we'll have to stop there next time.

The Castle does have a better selection though.... One thing Bobby Nelson's has that I didn't see at Mars... garlic brick cheese. Makes some of the best pizza or quesadillas ever.

Just took my sis-in-law to a local cheesery... she loved the fresh cheese curds and some of the cheese made for the grill that had bacon in it.

I asked what their hottest cheese was and got a Ghost/Habanero cheese. Very tasty! My wife picked a cranberry cheddar (very good), my daughter picked a chocolate cheese (not great, but better than I expected) and my son picked a mango fire cheese (I liked that one quite a bit also)

Mars Cheese Castle? :huh:

We went there and the place next door. The Castle is for tourists... more expensive. Bobby Nelson is a local joint that we like to go to.

I've never been in Bobby Nelson. If it's cheaper, we'll have to stop there next time.

The Castle does have a better selection though.... One thing Bobby Nelson's has that I didn't see at Mars... garlic brick cheese. Makes some of the best pizza or quesadillas ever.

I can't remember the name...but Mars has this incredible bacon. :drool: I keep meaning to stop there and get some.

American cheese...best brand?

That shit's not cheese. :rage: It can't even be legally labelled as such, which is why you see Kraft S(h)ingles and Velveeta labels say "Processed Cheese Food".

Velveeta is handy for making fudge (no really, it's awesome and does not taste remotely of Velveeta), but that's it.

Kraft and others do make real American cheese. If it says "processed cheese food" it is not real cheese. If its says "American Cheese" it is real cheese. You can get authentic American cheese, yellow or white sliced in any deli.

Take white American and sharp provolone and ripe thinly sliced tomatoes and make a grilled cheese with tomato sandwich. Not bad. Actually the tomato makes it quite pleasant and tasty.

Put a little salt and pepper in it before you melt the sandwich.

Also, use real butter.

A fromagiere, technically.

I like Stilton and other blued cheeses. mmmm.....pungent.....

Ever had epoisse? Runny, very very blue. Probably just a step or two away from penicillin. Strong smell, but it's sooooo good. It's pretty pricey, though.

No, I haven't tried epoisse. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks, Mara :) :cheers:

I love blue cheese. I need to find myself some epoisse.

Cheesery? Never heard of those. I need to find one asap.

mom made the most outrageous cheesecake, oh man, so smooth and creamy, no other has ever come close to moms cheescake. last tasted it about 1980 or 1981. She doens't bake anymore.

You should have her teach you to bake that cheesecake. Deserts like that deserves to be passed from generation to generation. My grandmother made the best apple dessert, and everytime I taste it I'm that little 8 year old eating all the cake I could with whipped cream, and taking a nap on the couch afterwards.

Oh that was living the life :yes:

On topic: I like a slice of good quality white bread, ciabatta e.g, drizzled with olive oil with slices of brie on top. Put in oven until the cheese has melted. Yummy! The older I get to stronger the cheese. I'm now very fond of gorgonzola and Roquefort cheese.

Try making a gravy with one of those and you'll be cutting the cheese, all right :blaze: