Idea: Eliminate All Pre-Sales

drgrendel

I wonder if pre-sales were eliminated there would be less griping about ticket allocation. Offer them all up at once starting with row 1 and go back. Tickets given in order of log in.

Before someone gives the old standby comment of, "The system would be overloaded if they did that," think about how far advanced technology has become. I KNOW they have the capability to do it without problems.

Blast away.....

Another idea. Have one pre-sale. Just one pre-sale.

Another idea, make sure that the pre-sales actually offer good seats so that they serve a purpose. Right now, I'm not sure that ordering in a timely fashion has any advantage over just ordering whenever. I ordered my 2011 TM tickets about a month after they went on sale. In 2012 I ordered my tickets about 10 seconds after they went on sale. I GOT BETTER TICKETS FOR TM!

Is this shit just random? How do people get good seats anymore?

There is no way to do a true fan presale anymore anyways. rushisaband has all the presale passwords. It's not hard to find them online. There really doesn't seem to be any point to them anymore.

There is no way to do a true fan presale anymore anyways. rushisaband has all the presale passwords. It's not hard to find them online. There really doesn't seem to be any point to them anymore.

Sure there is. Let people make accounts. If you become a part of the official fan club or whatever, your account gets access to the pre-sale.

It's a great idea, but not practical.

Not all tickets (starting at row 1) are available for sale regardless of the number of pre-sales.

There are tickets allocated to the promoters, the band, the venue, radio stations and other corporate partners.. not to mention season ticket holders for each venue.

So the concept of eliminating pre-sale so ALL tickets could go on sale at the same time would result in quite similar results.

People bitching because they logged in right at 10am and couldn't find great seats... because they're reserved before the show even goes on sale.

The pre-sales are actually a piece of the puzzle that put fans into the mix with those other entities.. we draw our portion of the ticket allotment from the same base as the others who have tix reserved long before the show goes on sale. The problem is, there are so many of us searching for a small number of tickets.

This is where VIPNation actually provides value.

If you're willing to bite the bullet and pay a premium for a ticket + some swag you are guaranteed a ticket within the first 15 rows of the stage. Problem here is that blind seating makes people nervous.

Another option is to take advantage of Ticketmaster's "Premium Platinum Tickets" - these are prime or nearly prime seats that are premium priced, but you pick your location based on whats available.

Ok - edit that....offer all AVAILABLE tickets that are available from best to worst on a general sale. All this pre, platinum, vip stuff gone. One sale starting at 10:00 on a given day and go...

Not rocket science and fair to aLL FANS OF ALL WALKS OF LIFE. Folks can jump right in or wait it out to see if any tickets are returned.

I am thinking that if folks have the knowledge that they are competing for all the best seats available and not just little crumbs here and there it would be a happier world.

All the local Milwaukee radio stations that play Rush are giving away pairs of tickets in the first 10 rows, some starting at row 10, going up to row 1 over 2 weeks (Mon-Fri)

That's where all the premium seats went. I used to get great seats before all these internets came around.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Ok - edit that....offer all AVAILABLE tickets that are available from best to worst on a general sale. All this pre, platinum, vip stuff gone. One sale starting at 10:00 on a given day and go...

Not rocket science and fair to aLL FANS OF ALL WALKS OF LIFE. Folks can jump right in or wait it out to see if any tickets are returned.

I am thinking that if folks have the knowledge that they are competing for all the best seats available and not just little crumbs here and there it would be a happier world.

Well said.

Right now the system seems so deceitful. We never know what's actually available. You might have the best ticket available in the pre-sale, but you end up throwing it away because there has to be something better. But the point is you never know. If they said what sections were available before hand you wouldn't have this headache.

Well said.

Right now the system seems so deceitful. We never know what's actually available. You might have the best ticket available in the pre-sale, but you end up throwing it away because there has to be something better. But the point is you never know. If they said what sections were available before hand you wouldn't have this headache.

My philosophy has always been the same - get the best seats you can as early as you can. I look every day leading up to the show for about a month to see what seats get released... sometimes have gotten lucky, sometimes didn't. And sometimes there were better seats available, but not so much better that is was worth the headache of trying to see the ones I currently had in hand.

Get rid of these and the v.i.p tickets. You want good seats ? Do what we did back in the day, sleep overnight at the arena to get them

I never judge anyone who buys VIP because it serves a purpose for some people(including you snaked)....

BUT....i hate the idea of VIP, i hate the idea of platinum seats or all other tickets that aren't just regular tickets....

To spend a lot of money and not know until close to showtime exactly where your seats are, to me, is criminal....there is a huge difference between third row center and 15th row....

in 2002, i was using dial-up internet and getting great seats for many shows...nowadays, very rarely do i even bother with the presales, once in a blue moon i try, and occassionally something decent comes up to buy...

One thing to remember is that RUSH has been taking on a pretty heavy touring schedule since '02 due to the fact they are getting RIDICULOUS guarantees from Live Nation. The reason LN can offer up these outrageous guarantees is because they know they will sell X number of VIP's for each show and X number of "Premium Platinum Seats" as well.

If it wasn't for the VIP, Platinum and other 'gimmicks', LN could not make their offer as lucrative and RUSH probably wouldn't have had the extensive road schedule they have since '02.

To be honest, if the band was as thankful to their fans as they claim that they are, such bs would not take place. As I have said earlier, and I know that some of you take offense to this, there are bands out there that are indeed fan friendly and go out of their way to provide the best ticket buying experience as possible. I can honestly say that Rush is NOT one of them.

To be honest, if the band was as thankful to their fans as they claim that they are, such bs would not take place. As I have said earlier, and I know that some of you take offense to this, there are bands out there that are indeed fan friendly and go out of their way to provide the best ticket buying experience as possible. I can honestly say that Rush is NOT one of them.

Dear God, not this tired "Rush doesn't care about their fans" stuff again

One thing to remember is that RUSH has been taking on a pretty heavy touring schedule since '02 due to the fact they are getting RIDICULOUS guarantees from Live Nation. The reason LN can offer up these outrageous guarantees is because they know they will sell X number of VIP's for each show and X number of "Premium Platinum Seats" as well.

If it wasn't for the VIP, Platinum and other 'gimmicks', LN could not make their offer as lucrative and RUSH probably wouldn't have had the extensive road schedule they have since '02.

Very interesting point. It really does amaze me how much these guys have toured the last 10 years at their age, and I always figured there was a huge financial incentive to it so what you say makes a lot of sense. It really is all pieces to the puzzle and the complainers be complaining regardless. While I agree about it being incredibly confusing, I'd much prefer this than sleeping in a record store all night

Dear God, not this tired "Rush doesn't care about their fans" stuff again

Where does it say that? Just askin'

The AMEX BOTL (back of the line) "pre-sale" for Hamilton was a particular joke. The option to even purchase the highest price floor seat wasn't even in the selection list. At least Music Today was offering the highest price floors in the selection list.

While we are talking about tickets, has anyone ever seen a front row floor Platinum TicketMaster pair available? The best I saw was a row 2, at the very far end (seat 1,2 or 41,42) on the floor at the obvious marked up legalized scalping prices.

The AMEX BOTL (back of the line) "pre-sale" for Hamilton was a particular joke. The option to even purchase the highest price floor seat wasn't even in the selection list. At least Music Today was offering the highest price floors in the selection list.

While we are talking about tickets, has anyone ever seen a front row floor Platinum TicketMaster pair available? The best I saw was a row 2, at the very far end (seat 1,2 or 41,42) on the floor at the obvious marked up legalized scalping prices.

Yes, I have seen front row available several times via the "Platinum Seats". As a matter of fact a friend of mine bought a pair for Manchester last year.

I'll be looking at a couple of new shows to see if anything interesting pops up and I might grab a pair if I find something I like.

Ever since the Music Today pre-sales started I have gotten great seats. I have bought pairs. 3 tickets and sometimes 4 tickets together.

I have gotten great seats. Great to me is anywhere in the first 20 rows or right on the side of the stage for arena shows.

Music today has netted me:

17th row

13th row

10th row

6th row

3rd row

22nd row

What's wrong with that? I am so glad we have these music today presales. And the best part is we pay face value.

Now for Orlando I have pretty awesome seats in section 116 right on the side of the stage Alex side. I plan on upgrading to the 2nd or 3rd row. If I do I will offer up those seats here to real Rush fans for exactly what I paid for them to the penny.

No complaints about musictoday at all.

Edited by Todem