Michael Schenker V. Eddie Van Halen: "INTO THE ARENA" "ON FIRE!"

RUSHHEAD666

Get INTO THE ARENA! SCHENKER V. VAN HALEN!  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which guitar player is the better all around shredder in 2013?

• Michael Schenker
    • Eddie Van Halen

Great post! I will agree with you.

Fair Warning is one of the greatest albums in the earth.

It's perfect just like every note.

got fair warning on tape for christmas 1990...best christmas i had

signed 'unchained'

Timing is everything!

I found a 1981 cd boot the other day called "Listen Up Eddie."

Eddie just shreds. It's unbelievable.

Sunday Afternoon In The Park live!

What a rare treat!

the VH makes me miss the 80's lol!

I enjoy Hagar era VH moreso than DLR. Songwriting was far superior in my book...Hagar pushed the envelop with band to its furthest with the For unlawful carnal knowledge...great album...Eddie at his best. Probably not a popular opinion
  • Like 1

I enjoy Hagar era VH moreso than DLR. Songwriting was far superior in my book...Hagar pushed the envelop with band to its furthest with the For unlawful carnal knowledge...great album...Eddie at his best. Probably not a popular opinion

I don't know if I like the Hagar era more, but the songwriting was far better, as you say.

Ya Earl I always make the same comparisons between Ed and Michael.. I always thought of schenker as the "Eddie across the pond" lol.

I kinda thought Eddie was all washed up until I saw VH last year. Man the they guy can still shred!! I was impressed! But unfortunately Schenker is the man for me. He did that Rock Bottom solo when he was barely old enough to drive and it's still the best solo of all time! (Yes it is!! Lol)

Schenker doesn't need to try very hard either, he just gets up there and plays and it sounds amazing!

I will DEFINATELY check out this album though!! I listen to Schenker/UFO probably more than anything else. Thanks for the tip!!

Yeah, I saw Van Halen in 2008 twice! Eddie was ON FIRE then too! I don't think Eddie is washed up at all! I hope somehow he records something again. Maybe an Eddie Van Halen solo album? Schenker has a ton of them! I have them all! LOL!

There is no doubt about the "Rock Bottom" guitar solo. I have probably written a few threads on here over the years about it!

It truly is one of the greatest guitar solos in the world!!! Can you name an Eddie Van Halen solo that comes close to that one?

Every note on Fair Warning.

Almost every solo on the first six albums!

This Michael Schenker guy...I've never listened to one song by him...where do I start?

Start with UFO's Lights Out. You'll enjoy the album and get exposed to Schenker.

Also 'Force it' and 'Strangers in the night'!!

all 70s ufo rocks

IT ALL RULES!

Then again so does all Seventies Van Halen!

Whoops! So does 1980's "Women And Children First" and 1981's "Fair Warning!"

UFO sucked in the Eighties, although I liked the Paul Chapman years! Atomic Tommy? NO!

I think UFO and Scorpions were the main inspiration behind This is Spinal Tap. Not a bad thing, but looking back at both bands, they were pretty hilarious with their look and album covers .

I knew I wrote this thread already!!! Glad I check the archives before being redundant! Don't want to piss off the Priests Of Syrinx on here!!!

Anyway like I just wrote in the Fair Warning Poll, I just watched a very good bootleg dvd of Van Halen in 1982. They look like a bunch of clowns but the music is solid. David fukks up a lot as usual.

So I just watched Eddie perform a guitar solo. It was incredible and astounding.

Yet my gut tells me that Michael Schenker is fuckking better.

I'm not talking or typing about now. I'm typing about when the were both in their prime!!!

Wow!

Happy Christmas Eve everyone! I'm gonna rock out with my cock out!!!

Oh wait, perhaps I should write a Red Hot Chili Peppers thread!!

Nah!

Goodnight from California!!!!!

• Like 1

Eddie for me by a landslide. I never really cared much for Michael but I can see why other people really like him. I think he's a good guitarist but nowhere near Eddie's caliber.

Eddie for me by a landslide. I never really cared much for Michael but I can see why other people really like him. I think he's a good guitarist but nowhere near Eddie's caliber.

Wow! I totally get it but man what about Schenker on "Rock Bottom" live?

It's beyond BEYOND!!!

Listen:

"Rock Bottom" "STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT!"

Do you have "Strangers In The Night?"

Hey!! It's us!!

LOL!

No I haven't seen it. I'll have to look at it later on today but I will check it out.

Do you have "Strangers In The Night?"

Hey!! It's us!!

LOL!

No I haven't seen it. I'll have to look at it later on today but I will check it out.

You must get this album ASAP. It truly is one of the greatest live albums in the world!

Ask anyone on here!

Get the remaster with the bonus tracks!

• Like 1