Name 10 Rush songs Geddy should never sing live again

Geddy has done quite well up to this point on the Clockwork Angels tour, singing 80's era and new songs. What about the songs that he really shouldn't sing anymore due to the strain it puts on his voice? Here's my list...

10. Something for Nothing

9. Working Man

8. Circumstances

7. In the Mood

6. Fly by Night

5. One Little Victory

4. Anthem

3. Beneath, Between, Behind

2. 2112

1. Freewill

1 a. Wish Them Well

(no particular order)

10. Time stand still (just awful on TMT dvd)

9. Cygnus x1 part II

8. Bastille Day

7. Faithless (TMT dvd was just... ugh)

6. Working man

5. Closer to the heart (if it hasn't improved since TMT, maybe he needs to just drink more tea)

4. 2112...:(

3. Anthem

2. Fly by night

1. Finding my way

• Like 2

I really enjoyed Geddy's work on the last 3 tours but the following songs are the ones he should not sing anymore, because they are tough on his vocal chords and they just can't sound good anymore.

1. Freewill (He did an amazing job on the S&A tour, but honestly I can't expect him to hit those notes anymore).

2. Closer to the heart.

3. Working Man.

4. The Camera Eye.

5. Marathon.

6. Circumstances.

7. Xanadu.

8. 2112

9. A passage to Bangkok

10. The Trees.

Unfortunately, he shouldn't sing 70's material anymore IMO. He did a really god job on the last couple of tours but his age shows it's signs these days.

• Like 1

Stop judging his voice off of Time Machine video, he was apparently wicked sick that night.

NUMBER ONE AND FOREVER: NO MORE FORCE TEN, I'm sorry but he just can not do it anymore.

2. Cygnus X-II

3. Cygnus X-I

4. Finding My Way

5. Closer to the Heart

6. Bastille Day

7. Fly By Night

8. The Big Money

9. What You're Doing

10. In the Mood

Sorry about the rant on Force Ten, but he just can't do it anymore.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed Geddy's work on the last 3 tours but the following songs are the ones he should not sing anymore, because they are tough on his vocal chords and they just can't sound good anymore.

1. Freewill (He did an amazing job on the S&A tour, but honestly I can't expect him to hit those notes anymore).

2. Closer to the heart.

3. Working Man.

4. The Camera Eye.

5. Marathon.

6. Circumstances.

7. Xanadu.

8. 2112

9. A passage to Bangkok

10. The Trees.

Unfortunately, he shouldn't sing 70's material anymore IMO. He did a really god job on the last couple of tours but his age shows it's signs these days.

I agree with your selection of Freewill. Just gotta put that horse to pasture. A passage to Bangkok though I must confess was pulled off rather well on the S & A tour IMO....God I love that song Edited by Tombstone Mountain

I feel the songs he shouldn't sing anymore are all those songs he hasn't sang Since or Before the Moving Pictures Tour!

Hemispheres

Beneath, Between and Behind

Anthem

Best I Can

What You're Doing

Something For Nothing

A Farewell to Kings

Cinderella Man

Bastile Day

In The End

Even I Would Love to hear some of these again e.i. :(Bastile Day, Anthem, A Farewell to Kings), I don't Think he could do them justice.

:finbar:

I would welcome all as part of an Instrumedley though! Say R40 Instrumedley?

:drool:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

I feel the songs he shouldn't sing anymore are all those songs he hasn't sang Since or Before the Moving Pictures Tour!

Hemispheres

Beneath, Between and Behind

Anthem

Best I Can

What You're Doing

Something For Nothing

A Farewell to Kings

Cinderella Man

Bastile Day

In The End

Even I Would Love to hear some of these again e.i. :(Bastile Day, Anthem, A Farewell to Kings), I don't Think he could do them justice.

:finbar:

I would welcome all as part of an Instrumedley though! Say R40 Instrumedley?

:drool:

I'm down with the instrumedley

Ave Maria!

sorry, just being a smartass today...not enough sleep...

excellent choice...Ave Maria can stay in the vaults

Actually, I think Geddy should play a bass solo (Ala Chirs Squire's Amzaing Grace ) of Ave Maria! With the String section backing him up. That would be pretty classic. Just one verse then go into say, The Garden!

• Like 1

Why are you guys listing songs that he hasn't sung in decades anyway? This thread makes more sense if you keep the songs relegated to just the ones they've been doing the last few tours

My picks are The Trees, Spirit of Radio (yeah, I know, but he's sounded pretty bad on this for years now), Tom Sawyer (ditto), Working Man

I don't think Time Stand Still or Presto sounded THAT bad on the last tour btw. Maybe my affection for those tunes override my judgement on his singing of them.

Tom Sawyer, Spirit of Radio, Limelight, Closer To The Heart, Working Man, Subdivisions, Roll The Bones, Far Cry, One Little Victory , Secret Touch.

Not because he cant sing these anymore but because I dont want to hear them anymore. Next tour bring on the 70's material.

Tom Sawyer, Spirit of Radio, Limelight, Closer To The Heart, Working Man, Subdivisions, Roll The Bones, Far Cry, One Little Victory , Secret Touch.

Not because he cant sing these anymore but because I dont want to hear them anymore. Next tour bring on the 70's material.

But isn't the 70's material the stuff that gives him the most troubles in terms of his voice?

I Dont Care. I want to hear Hemispheres side 1.

That would be awesome, but it would be hard to watch because of his voice. Man, remember when they did prelude? It was so awesome...there's a link to that somewhere on this board...try to find it for you...could be on tour bootleg videos

Geddy has done quite well up to this point on the Clockwork Angels tour, singing 80's era and new songs. What about the songs that he really shouldn't sing anymore due to the strain it puts on his voice? Here's my list...

9. Working Man

8. Circumstances

7. In the Mood

6. Fly by Night

5. One Little Victory

4. Anthem

2. 2112

1. Freewill

1 a. Wish Them Well

Tell me why you come here again?

• Like 1

I Dont Care. I want to hear Hemispheres side 1.

That would be awesome, but it would be hard to watch because of his voice. Man, remember when they did prelude? It was so awesome...there's a link to that somewhere on this board...try to find it for you...could be on tour bootleg videos

I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but I remember watching this on YouTube a few months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyTkLX6Zi8E

9. Working Man

8. Circumstances

7. In the Mood

6. Fly by Night

5. One Little Victory

4. Anthem

2. 2112

1. Freewill

1 a. Wish Them Well

Tell me why you come here again?

The chicks...there's so many Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

Whooo yeah. Rush is nothing but one big estrogen fest. Watch out Lilith Fair.
  • Like 2

Why are you guys listing songs that he hasn't sung in decades anyway? This thread makes more sense if you keep the songs relegated to just the ones they've been doing the last few tours

My picks are The Trees, Spirit of Radio (yeah, I know, but he's sounded pretty bad on this for years now), Tom Sawyer (ditto), Working Man

I don't think Time Stand Still or Presto sounded THAT bad on the last tour btw. Maybe my affection for those tunes override my judgement on his singing of them.

I loved the way Geddy sang Time Stand Still at the Time Machine shows I attended, but that might have been the excitement of hearing one of my favourite songs live. The recorded version from Cleveland was disappointing. I had hoped for another recording a la Mission from Snakes And Arrows Live. Mission was a song he struggled with mightily at some of the shows I saw (including at one show outright mangling the line "To know how they struggled!", appropriate, no?), but which sounds glorious on the recording. As for Presto, I wasn't a fan of the song before the Cleveland recording, but I absolutely love it now. That isn't the smoothest vocal performance in the world, but the emotion of it really gets me in a big way. "I radiate more heat than LiiiiiiiiiiiiiiGHT!"

• Like 1