"I Am A Camera!" THE BUGGLES VS. YES

RUSHHEAD666

"I Am A Camera" The Buggles V. Yes  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version Of "I Am A Camera" Do You Love The Most?

• The Buggles
    • Yes

I found a used Japanese cd copy of The Buggles "Adventures In Modern Recording" and I had forgotten that they did a cover of "I Am A Camera."

I think it's better than the Yes version on "Drama."

What do you think?

The Buggles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOTd1MzQdBg

Yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1wuzsx0ZX4

Since this is a RUSHHEAD666 thread, I'm going to approach it like one...

TREVOR HORN CAN GO SHOVE A TRUMPET UP HIS ASS :haz: :devil: :haz:

Does it Really Happen and Tempus Fugit are cool songs, but come on now. No Jon no deal, I live by that with Yes now.

You know what's a cool song? Yes's "Money". It was a Tormato reject and added on the reissue, it's catchy as hell.

Anyways, I prefer the yes version ;)

Does it Really Happen and Tempus Fugit are cool songs, but come on now. No Jon no deal, I live by that with Yes now.

You know what's a cool song? Yes's "Money". It was a Tormato reject and added on the reissue, it's catchy as hell.

SIGNED,

"YES, THE BUGGLES CAN f**k OFF"

Hahahahahahaha!!!!! CLASSIC!

SIGNED,

"YES, THE BUGGLES CAN f**k OFF"

LOL! You and IsNot are ON FIRE!

I don't feel my vote is valid because I just heard a glimpse of the Buggles version on here for first time, and even if I heard it a thousand more times I would be biased because the Yes version is the "Right" version from my perspective. However, I like the Buggles version. It's pretty cool. Less Staccato than Yes version.

While we're on this topic, the Yes version (1980) intro section is quite similar to UK's "In the Dead of Night"(1978) intro and King Crimson's "Indiscipline" intro (1981) imho. With that said, I enjoy the heck out of that staccato stuff. And on Yes' I am the Camera I wanted to point out Steve Howe's slide guitar overlay in that section is magical and damn original to me.

While we're on this topic, the Yes version (1980) intro section is quite similar to UK's "In the Dead of Night"(1978) intro and King Crimson's "Indiscipline" intro (1981) imho.

:o I never really connected those before!

Both are great songs! :haz: :haz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwDnNGskWUY

• Like 1

I don't feel my vote is valid because I just heard a glimpse of the Buggles version on here for first time, and even if I heard it a thousand more times I would be biased because the Yes version is the "Right" version from my perspective. However, I like the Buggles version. It's pretty cool. Less Staccato than Yes version.

While we're on this topic, the Yes version (1980) intro section is quite similar to UK's "In the Dead of Night"(1978) intro and King Crimson's "Indiscipline" intro (1981) imho. With that said, I enjoy the heck out of that staccato stuff. And on Yes' I am the Camera I wanted to point out Steve Howe's slide guitar overlay in that section is magical and damn original to me.

I like the bass line a lot better in the Buggles version.

I'm not familiar with the song being discussed, but I am a fan of the Drama album. (Which is odd because I am HUGE Jon Aderson fan).

Countryside would have been the best tune on Tormato.