Saturday afternoon chili

Janie

Step 1: Eat chili until you think your tummy will explode.

Step 2: Stretch out on couch.

Step 3: Nap.

JANIE CHILI

(This was a happy accident - will have to make it one more time to note measurements.)

Ground beef

Garlic, chopped

Tomato sauce, plain

Chili powder

Oregano

Cumin

Salt

Black beans (canned)

Toppings: Diced onion, grated extra sharp cheddar cheese, tortilla chips (personal fave: Doritos plain, toasted corn chips - yellow bag), cubed avocado, sour cream.

Brown beef in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and enough tomato sauce to just moisten the beef (I think I added about 10 ounces tomato sauce to just shy of 2 lbs of ground beef). Add spices. Turn heat to low and simmer for about an hour to hour and a half. Add canned black beans and warm through.

Pile chili and a TON of toppings into bowl. Sit ass on couch, eat, nap.

Life is good with a belly full of this chili.

Love chili! Any kind... the hotter the better. (Well, to a point... I don't want a goddam hole burned through my belly) - you did leave one step out of your instructions though...

QUOTE - "Pile chili and a TON of toppings into bowl. Sit ass on couch, eat, nap."

It should read - "Pile chili and a TON of toppings into bowl. Sit ass on couch, eat, FART, nap."

• Like 3

Love chili! Any kind... the hotter the better. (Well, to a point... I don't want a goddam hole burned through my belly) - you did leave one step out of your instructions though...

QUOTE - "Pile chili and a TON of toppings into bowl. Sit ass on couch, eat, nap."

It should read - "Pile chili and a TON of toppings into bowl. Sit ass on couch, eat, FART, nap."

Eat, Fart, Nap

Wasn't Julia Roberts in that movie?

• Like 2

Let 'er rip! (Sorry, couldn't resist..!) :P

WHAT!? I have NO idea what you are implying!!

:P

This chili was even better the next day. Definitely making this again. My oldest chowed down two bowls the first day and ate the rest the next day. It's so simple and basic that I think it could work for anyone because you can add whatever you like during the cooking process. It is on the thick side but that's how I like my chili. I hate soupy chili with huge beans (like, kidney).

My company is having its first annual chili cook-off in a couple of weeks. I may sign up to bring the Glade Air Freshener and gas masks.

Janie, I made your chili today... and I loved it! I've also farted about 364,789 times since 6 pm. One of them probably should have been classified as an actually shit though... but not a really nasty one. Just a little chili squirt.

Now, I need to go to sleep.

Thank you!

• Like 3

JANIE CHILI

(This was a happy accident - will have to make it one more time to note measurements.)

Ground beef

Garlic, chopped

Tomato sauce, plain

Chili powder

Oregano

Cumin

Salt

Black beans (canned)

Toppings: Diced onion, grated extra sharp cheddar cheese, tortilla chips (personal fave: Doritos plain, toasted corn chips - yellow bag), cubed avocado, sour cream.

Brown beef in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and enough tomato sauce to just moisten the beef (I think I added about 10 ounces tomato sauce to just shy of 2 lbs of ground beef). Add spices. Turn heat to low and simmer for about an hour to hour and a half. Add canned black beans and warm through.

That recipe looks yummy, but I can't dare eat it due to IBS...Irritable Bowel Syndrome....nothing spicy for me!!! Rats!!!!!!

:codger: :scared:

Janie, I made your chili today... and I loved it! I've also farted about 364,789 times since 6 pm. One of them probably should have been classified as an actually shit though... but not a really nasty one. Just a little chili squirt.

Thank you!

I'm glad you liked it!! That makes me happy to hear. I'm going to make the chili again this afternoon so I can measure everything out. I'm going to try freezing this batch and warming up this weekend. It should freeze well.

(I had to chuckle a little seeing the word, 'thunder' in your name after reading about how active your backside was!)

Thank you!

:LOL:

Never one to mince words!

JANIE CHILI

Ground beef

Garlic, chopped

Tomato sauce, plain

Chili powder

Oregano

Cumin

Salt

Black beans (canned)

Have you ever tried cocoa powder in your chili? It sounds strange, and I was a little hesitant to use it, but now I never make chili without it.

Thank you!

I'm glad you liked it!! That makes me happy to hear. I'm going to make the chili again this afternoon so I can measure everything out. I'm going to try freezing this batch and warming up this weekend. It should freeze well.

(I had to chuckle a little seeing the word, 'thunder' in your name after reading about how active your backside was!)

Thank you!

:LOL:

Never one to mince words!

:LMAO:

This thread reminds me of an nursery rhyme my dad used to tell me when I was a little kid:

Beans, beans, the musical fruit

The more you eat'm, the more you toot

The more you toot, the better you feel

So why not eat beans with every meal.

:D

• Like 1

There's an update. Yes, a chili update.

First, my son pitched an absolute fit yesterday morning because I didn't have any chili made. Seems he needed his fix before school. I walked into the kitchen to see a 6-year-old with a massive bean jones rummaging through the fridge looking for his favorite cheese topping with a death grip on the bag of chips while screaming for someone to find him an avocado.

Second... with fresh memories of a panicked child in need of chili, I made a big heaping pot last night for dinner. After our meaty bean feast I went upstairs to play a game with the kids only to hear a crashing of bowls coming from the kitchen. Running to the kitchen, I discovered that the dog had managed to polish off the remaining chili. Let me reiterate... the 100-pound dog ate a lot... of... chili.

The days (and nights) have been interesting around here lately.

There's an update. Yes, a chili update.

First, my son pitched an absolute fit yesterday morning because I didn't have any chili made. Seems he needed his fix before school. I walked into the kitchen to see a 6-year-old with a massive bean jones rummaging through the fridge looking for his favorite cheese topping with a death grip on the bag of chips while screaming for someone to find him an avocado.

Second... with fresh memories of a panicked child in need of chili, I made a big heaping pot last night for dinner. After our meaty bean feast I went upstairs to play a game with the kids only to hear a crashing of bowls coming from the kitchen. Running to the kitchen, I discovered that the dog had managed to polish off the remaining chili. Let me reiterate... the 100-pound dog ate a lot... of... chili.

The days (and nights) have been interesting around here lately.

Oh. My. God..! Janie - the dog..! :LOL:

Holy Christ, Janie, do NOT let that dog sleep in your bedroom tonight... never mind up on the bed! You're liable to have a dream that you fell asleep in an outhouse...

Holy Christ, Janie, do NOT let that dog sleep in your bedroom tonight... never mind up on the bed! You're liable to have a dream that you fell asleep in an outhouse...

Let's just say that the next day or so are going to be interesting to say the least...hope doggie can pass it all without getting sick!!

Let's just say that the next day or so are going to be interesting to say the least...hope doggie can pass it all without getting sick!!

Though, seriously, hope the dog will be okay. I was going to suggest giving the poor thing a :hug2: , but *squeeze* *parp!* :blush: ...

:fury: stuff! :D

:drool:

babycat...have you ever tried Chili? Was wondering if Brits even eat it.

The Brits may not be known for their chili, but they ARE known for the world's best fish 'n chips! And, I have made a promise to myself that some day, some how, I WILL get my ass over there and try it out!

Maybe BabyCat can point me in the right direction for the real deal!! I believe they call a fish 'n chip shop a "chippy." Am I right? No? Yes?