MP vs PeW

Steevo

MP vs PeW  

57 members have voted

1. 1. MP vs PeW

• MP
    • PeW

Moving Pictures is and always will be the best Rush record ever recorded. Just because we are burnt out on most of it doesn't change that fact:)

I "liked" this post and then "unliked" it - nothing against you presto123. Out of curiosity, do you see the "unlike" in notifications?

I like your statement about the burn out factor because I think it is true. It is tough to argue against your first statement, although CA has displaced MP in my ranking - hence my like/unlike quandary. CA exceeds MP :o (imo) and is the reason I "unliked" my initial like.

If I listen to PeW, I'd say that. Play MP and my opinion changes. Put a gun to my head and I'd probably say PeW. Vital Signs is not my favorite song. It's the only (relatively) weak track on the album. PeW has no down moments. Even Different Strings I love. "Who's come to slay the dragon, come to watch him fall," is one of the all time great musical laments.

I agree with your assessment on the Vital Signs track...it's a good song, but it's the weak link of that album.

Have you heard the live Exit...Stage.Left outtake of Vital Signs? An awesome version!

Sorry, but nothing can beat an album that has Entre Nous and Natural Science in it. Top 5 favorite Rush songs of all time. And Different Strings is top slower song by them. I love Moving Pictures but none of the songs really get me "excited", aside from YYZ....and the cowbell in Witch Hunt.

MP wins in mood and atmosphere. It's darker and I always enjoyed listening to it at night in the car for some reason. I just enjoy the songs on PeW slightly more. Freewill, JL, and mf'n Natural Science, which is enough to put it over the top for me.

Honestly, I never was a HUGE fan of MP, I thought PeW was their last "prog" offering but it had an accessible twist to it. MP went a little further, and didn't strike me as a better album. Don't get me wrong, I don't HATE MP, but it's just not up there for me.