Your Favorite Obscure Albums (that most people here have never heard)

rushgoober

Witch Cross - Fit for Fight.

The only album they ever made. I listen to it all the time.

Hey that album has just been newly re-released by Hells Headbangers this week, two days ago! :o Do I need it? :unsure: :blaze: :guitar:

Holy shit, you weren't joking. And on vinyl too! That stupid cover is gonna look awesome. Ducky, you just made my morning. Of course I'd recommend it.....NWOBHM style, sort of Priest-ish with bad production. I don't know, I always loved it. *goes to order*

I'm just listening to it now on youtube it sounds like Judas Priest with a 1975 era Geddy Lee on vocals! :o Especially on Nightflight to Tokyo! :haz:

Hey that album has just been newly re-released by Hells Headbangers this week, two days ago! :o Do I need it? :unsure: :blaze: :guitar:

Holy shit, you weren't joking. And on vinyl too! That stupid cover is gonna look awesome. Ducky, you just made my morning. Of course I'd recommend it.....NWOBHM style, sort of Priest-ish with bad production. I don't know, I always loved it. *goes to order*

I'm just listening to it now on youtube it sounds like Judas Priest with a 1975 era Geddy Lee on vocals! :o Especially on Nightflight to Tokyo! :haz:

Btw yeah the cover is excellent: werewolves and naked bimbos on a hillside, a castle in the distance with a full moon behind it in a spooky sky and some bloke with an axe! :LOL:

Btw yeah the cover is excellent: werewolves and naked bimbos on a hillside, a castle in the distance with a full moon behind it in a spooky sky and some bloke with an axe! :LOL:

Hey what about the band members names? Alex "Savage" Nyborg Madsen??? :LOL: Mike "Wlad" Kock? :eh:

Hey what about the band members names? Alex "Savage" Nyborg Madsen??? :LOL: Mike "Wlad" Kock? :eh:

Oh, Wow! Good Nyborg!

On the other hand, Martha and the Muffins rates only 73.6% on the Obscurometer, meaning they are only more obscure than 3.6% of all artists in their files.

AC/DC rates 20.8%, making them more obscure than o.o% of the artists ranked. Apparently they are well known.

Edited by goose

"Solomonic" by Skyfish

"One Live Badger" by Badger (although I'm sure that there is one or more other forum member that knows this album)

"Thank God Someone's Making Waves" by The Ocean Hounds

and the self titled album by The Marcel Marceau Sound.

Good ol' Wlad Kock! :D

If I had that artwork as a giant painting, I'd hang it on the outside of my house. :D

Mercury Rev - Deserter's Songs

Mercury Rev - See You on the Other Side

Finally someone mentions them here, amazing stuff. All is Dream is like DS Pt 2 so of course essential. I saw them in a small club here on the DS tour. Genius.

I concur, All is Dream is a fine album too. I caught them twice: once on the side stage at Lollapalooza in support of Boces, and once at First Avenue in Minneapolis opening for Luna in support of See You On the Other Side. I would have loved to have seen the Deserter's Songs tour, especially in a small club. What happened to this band, by the way? I mean, I know they continued to release material, but they descended back into obscurity after winning critical accolades with Deserter's Songs. It's my understanding that Deserter's Songs did especially well in Europe. Then it seems that All is Dream never really took off, and they have since been toiling in obscurity again after briefly peeking through. Strange career arc...

Good ol' Wlad Kock! :D

If I had that artwork as a giant painting, I'd hang it on the outside of my house. :D

:LOL:

Ok my copy is ordered! :haz: :NP: :blaze: :guitar:

Based on the obscurometer Hatchetaxeandsaw posted, I suppose these guys qualify

Starcastle- Fountains of Light

I've got this on vinyl, bought it before having heard of the band cause it cost a quarter, listened to it and it's kinda a medicore yes ripoff, but not terrible

I've got this on vinyl, bought it before having heard of the band cause it cost a quarter, listened to it and it's kinda a medicore yes ripoff, but not terrible

Their first self-titled album is better.

never checked it out but I may, because copying yes isnt THAT shitty since yes is awesome

If it's done well enough, it ends up sounding like a long lost Yes album. It might not be quite THAT good, but it's well worth owning!

For example, here's the best King Crimson track they never recorded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMFxA65X8jE

This will put your knickers in a twist.

My most obscure band so far has scored 95.8% on the old obscurometer.

http://obscurometer.com/

ENJOY!

My music tastes are 45.3% more obscure than all other users, and my overall favorite bands and artists are 51.1% obscure on average.

Berits Halsband, the most obscure artist in my library that I can think of, is 97.8% obscure.

And Citadel trumps them both. Cracking album, full of Roy Thomas Baker shininess.

never checked it out but I may, because copying yes isnt THAT shitty since yes is awesome

If it's done well enough, it ends up sounding like a long lost Yes album. It might not be quite THAT good, but it's well worth owning!

For example, here's the best King Crimson track they never recorded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMFxA65X8jE

Was work to stick with it, but around 3:50 it got very interesting. :cheers:

And Citadel trumps them both. Cracking album, full of Roy Thomas Baker shininess.

I'm going to have to go get both of those now.

The thing I found funny about these guys is that their keyboardist now writes textbooks on computer coding for McGraw Hill.