Terry Brown to produce the next Rush album?

Thunder Bay Rush

No, no, I haven't read that anywhere and I'm not trying to start rumours. But, I think that would be amazing if TB did get back in the studio with the boys for the go around.

I'm getting the feeling that the next Rush album, if there is one, just might be their last. They would likely be pushing 63 or so when it came out... Wouldn't it be cool to have Broon back in there especially, if they did another album of longer songs like AFT Kings or Hemispheres?

I'll bet it would be a great album. Yes, I'm an "old Rush" fan...

It would be a great idea, but they just had one of their most successful albums since the 80's. I think Nick will be back for at least one more album. Who knows maybe he'll push them to actually write Epics this time around.

:haz: :rush: :haz:

No, no, I haven't read that anywhere and I'm not trying to start rumours.

fukk it man, let's start some rumours! who knows where it could lead...

What has Terry Brown done since he parted ways with Rush? Anything truly significant? Terry Brown benefited more from Rush than Rush benefited from Terry Brown.

Fates Warning's amazing album A Pleasant Shade of Gray!!!

A quick look reminds me that he did Lizzy Borden's Master of Disguise, as well as two other FW albums I either forgot he did or was never aware of that he did: Parallels and Disconnected. Also forgot he did Voivod's Angel Rat.

So needless to say, he's contributed to some damn fine work outside of/post-Rush.

Edited by zappafrank

Not to take anything away from Broon, but based on this list of artists, I'd say his peak years ended with Rush. A LOT of big names there for sure, but most of them were worked with in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Not to take anything away from Broon, but based on this list of artists, I'd say his peak years ended with Rush. A LOT of big names there for sure, but most of them were worked with in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

The Dream Theater album he worked on was the best one in their entire catalog imo, and it came out in 1999 (I believe).

My opinion is this: that ship, and it was one hell of a ship, has sailed. The vibe that has been established between Nick and Rush is amazing and should be allowed to grow even more. If TB came back into the picture, everyone would expect this miracle of a Rush album that sounded like Moving Pictures Part 2 which we all know is never going to happen.

Dedicated to the future with honor to the past.....

My opinion is this: that ship, and it was one hell of a ship, has sailed. The vibe that has been established between Nick and Rush is amazing and should be allowed to grow even more. If TB came back into the picture, everyone would expect this miracle of a Rush album that sounded like Moving Pictures Part 2 which we all know is never going to happen.

Dedicated to the future with honor to the past.....

An album that SOUNDED like MPII would be welcome even if the songs were in the more modern Rush vein. Imagine if VT sounded like MP...

I get the impression from interviews that Geddy doesn't get along with Terry Brown as I believe I remember hearing somewhere that Terry and Geddy had disagreements after Signals because Ged wanted to do more electronic sounding music and Terry did not.

I don't suspect anyone but Nick will produce the rest of Rush's records from here on out.

P.s to the guy that said Brian Eno should produce Rush.

I actually vomited a little upon the thought of that. Yeah let's get Brian Eno to make Rush sound like every other band he produces.

Can you imagine rush sounding like a U2 or Coldplay record? BARF!!

What has Terry Brown done since he parted ways with Rush? Anything truly significant? Terry Brown benefited more from Rush than Rush benefited from Terry Brown.

Without Rush's "little helpers", they wouldn't have never achieved the greatness that they did. Most people can never wrap their mind around this truth.

The Dream Theater album he worked on was the best one in their entire catalog imo, and it came out in 1999 (I believe).

And a Pleasant Shade of Grey is a simply incredible sounding an composed work! right from the first chord! Mark Zonder is one of my favorite drummers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuR5P8YDVEA

:haz: :notworthy: :haz: