Liquid RUSH: Digging into Alex Lifeson's Wine Cellar

gestet2112

Mark Oldman provides another exclusive glimpse into the diverse wine cellar of guru guitarist Alex Lifeson. Alex reveals his penchant for Syrah-based reds from Australia and France, Madeira from Portugal, and even Aquavit from Scandinavia.

Featured wines:

Penfolds Grange (Australia; 1982, 1983, 1995, 1996, 1998)

E. Guigal Côte-Rôtie "La Mouline" (France)

E. Guigal Côte-Rôtie "La Landonne" (France; including 1978)

Guigal Côte-Rôtie "La Turque"

Clarendon Hills "Astralis" (Australia)

Gammal Norrlands Akvavit (Sweden)

Madeira - The Royal Wedding of Charles and Diana, 1981

Madeira - The Investiture of the Prince of Wales, July, 1969

Song snippets from RUSH at Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, October 22, 2012; "The Analog Kid" (from Signals), "2112 - Overture" (2112), "2112 - Grand Finale" (2112).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5T46iU1Evs

Personally, I wouldn't know one wine from another. I only use it for cooking. I remember 30 years ago when I was working as a young prep cook in a high end restaurant in Toronto... it was not uncommon at all for someone to send an $800 bottle of wine back because it was "unacceptable." Holy shit... people like that make me sick to my stomach. Just trying to put on a big show...

Peter Gabriel's "Big Time" - the perfect song for these clowns.

Personally, I wouldn't know one wine from another. I only use it for cooking. I remember 30 years ago when I was working as a young prep cook in a high end restaurant in Toronto... it was not uncommon at all for someone to send an $800 bottle of wine back because it was "unacceptable." Holy shit... people like that make me sick to my stomach. Just trying to put on a big show...

Quit whining.

Quit whining.

and starting wining?

Perfectly fine to charge 800.00 for said bottle though?

Sorry Alex you went down the rabbit hole with the wine aficionado,guru,collector.........Studies have been done with so-called wine

experts.....in a blind taste test most experts could not differentiate between a 2,000 bottle of wine and the kind that comes in gallon jugs������������������������

I doubt that. They have the most sophisticated, well-trained tongues in the world.

I've done a lot of tasting and can easily tell the difference between a $5 wine and a $17 wine.

But your point is still kind of true. Inside the industry, most experts acknowledge that the best balance between quality and price is at $22-24 per bottle. It gets much harder for the average person to tell the difference as the price climbs after that.

If you make it yourself, it is even cheaper than that!