Classic Rock 2013 article on Rush Now Online

Jag2112

Rush is featured on the cover of the January 2013 issue of Classic Rock Magazine with the tag line "Band of the Year?"

The accompanying article, which is an interview with Geddy and Alex, is now online and can be read at the link below:

http://cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/classic-rock-01.2013.php

I was a little surprised at some of the personal questions the interviewer asked - and perhaps even more surprised that Geddy and Alex answered them.

Talk of R40 and the Fountain of Lamneth in an upcoming tour were also the subject of discussion.

All around, an enjoyable read...

• Like 1

So what's next for Rush?

Alex: If we do a 40th anniversary tour, we probably won't make a record in that time, so that tour will probably be a retrospective. But I don't know. We've been touring a lot, and I wouldn't want us to get overexposed.

Geddy: The idea of touring year in year out is exhausting. There's got to be a point where we cut that back. But as long as we have the desire to keep being creative together, we'll keep moving forward.

Can anyone say R40 Tour?

:drool:

I'd rather they make a new album than tour again. All the more music the better.

That is a tough 'would you rather' question. If I had to choose one or the other, tour or new music. I say tour.

We have brand new music....At this time and with their extensive music library I would rather have them tour again and even two more tours over new music.

Down the road, say 4-6 years, they could make a new album and realistically may not tour it.

I'd rather they make a new album than tour again. All the more music the better.

That is a tough 'would you rather' question. If I had to choose one or the other, tour or new music. I say tour.

We have brand new music....At this time and with their extensive music library I would rather have them tour again and even two more tours over new music.

Down the road, say 4-6 years, they could make a new album and realistically may not tour it.

I will take anything they give us. Greatest band ever made on the earth!!!! R40 will be a reality!!

Wendy and I flew to Toronto for R30. We will do the same for R40.

RUSH RULES! ORBIT ROOM!!!!!!

And if that anniversary tour does happen, why not put The Fountain of Lamneth back into the set?

Alex: That would be a bit of a stretch! Maybe down the road somewhere. God, it's been so long since we revisited that era...

Somehow this proves, once again, that Lifeson is metal!

:haz:

And if that anniversary tour does happen, why not put The Fountain of Lamneth back into the set?

Alex: That would be a bit of a stretch! Maybe down the road somewhere. God, it's been so long since we revisited that era...

Pat! If Rush does an R40 Tour will you fly out to Toronto and meet up with Wendy and I? Hell I will just leave her at home if she doesn't want to go!

I am sure many of us will meet up there for a show! Great city! Great people!

"Better people, better food, better beer............" LOL

Pat! If Rush does an R40 Tour will you fly out to Toronto and meet up with Wendy and I? Hell I will just leave her at home if she doesn't want to go!

We do need to all meet up one day for a gig. So you can finally see the words that I type actually coming out of my mouth, to give some of them a chance to punch them back in! :LOL: :bitchslap: :blah: :cheers:

We do need to all meet up one day for a gig. So you can finally see the words that I type actually coming out of my mouth, to give some of them a chance to punch them back in! :LOL: :bitchslap: :blah: :cheers:

Hahahaha!! No shit amigo! After all of these years it would be nice to meet up for a Rush show. Anywhere in the world to be honest.

Are you going to any of the UK shows?

If I really do go to Amsterdam with my buddy then maybe I will extend my trip.

"I Love You Man" even if you don't like Coheed And Cambria! LOL!

Hahahaha!! No shit amigo! After all of these years it would be nice to meet up for a Rush show. Anywhere in the world to be honest.

I don't know what I'm doing, I may be missing this tour, we'll have to see. I'm not big on the setlist. The album is great though! :haz:

I don't know what I'm doing, I may be missing this tour, we'll have to see. I'm not big on the setlist. The album is great though! :haz:

A lot of my buddies are not into the set list! Too much Synth Era buddy?

Let's do the R40 Tour then. They might play a lot of "Caress Of Steel."

A lot of my buddies are not into the set list! Too much Synth Era buddy?

Let's do the R40 Tour then. They might play a lot of "Caress Of Steel."

Yeah not enough of the peak era!

Yeah we need to do R40!

That is an excellent interview! Thanks for sharing, Jag. :cheers:

Were you tempted to roll up a fat one for old times' sake?

Alex: I'm always tempted to do that! And sometimes I'm successful, in fact.

:LOL:

Rush is featured on the cover of the January 2013 issue of Classic Rock Magazine with the tag line "Band of the Year?"

The accompanying article, which is an interview with Geddy and Alex, is now online and can be read at the link below:

http://cygnus-x1.net...ock-01.2013.php

I was a little surprised at some of the personal questions the interviewer asked - and perhaps even more surprised that Geddy and Alex answered them.

Talk of R40 and the Fountain of Lamneth in an upcoming tour were also the subject of discussion.

All around, an enjoyable read...

Anyone know when a hard copy will hit stores?? A must have for me.

Thanks for posting John!!