Greatest RUSH song of all time

crazygeo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Xanadu was the perfect blend of a story and great riff that builds up steam and doesn't miss a beat. I can recall when a group of about 6 of us spent like 15 minutes over our dinner discussing the roots and meaning of the song. Not sure I can say that about any other song since.

I'm a bit different :-) :

01. Manhattan project

02. Second nature

03. Emotion detector

04. Tai shan

05. Nobody's hero

06. YYZ

07. One little victory

08. Tom Sawyer

09. Roll the bones / Dreamline / Bravado

10. The entire Grace Under Pressure album !

QUOTE (crazygeo @ Sep 18 2012, 04:36 PM)
What is the greatest 2.gif song of all time?

To pick one is painful, but Ill have to go with Red Barchetta. It's a very adventurous song with a lot of dynamics, doesnt have a standard issue verse/chorus/verse/chorus arrangement that they are trapped in now, and has all the strong playing and high vocals, so to me that 1 song encompasses everything I always loved about Rush, and will always miss that out there no rules style of writing that they got away from after that album.

I really hoped with CA they would have gotten back to that being that its a concept album but its really no different than any of their recent album. They're just all regular songs that just happen to tell a consistent story. In the past they used to write songs with very unusual arrangements, some songs that didnt even have choruses like Jacobs Ladder for example.

QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 19 2012, 10:35 AM)
QUOTE (crazygeo @ Sep 18 2012, 04:36 PM)
What is the greatest  2.gif song of all time?

To pick one is painful, but Ill have to go with Red Barchetta. It's a very adventurous song with a lot of dynamics, doesnt have a standard issue verse/chorus/verse/chorus arrangement that they are trapped in now, and has all the strong playing and high vocals, so to me that 1 song encompasses everything I always loved about Rush, and will always miss that out there no rules style of writing that they got away from after that album.

I really hoped with CA they would have gotten back to that being that its a concept album but its really no different than any of their recent album. They're just all regular songs that just happen to tell a consistent story. In the past they used to write songs with very unusual arrangements, some songs that didnt even have choruses like Jacobs Ladder for example.

Disagree--the same magic that makes Red Barchetta great is found in the song Clockwork Angels.

I find it funny that nobody will claim TS as their favorite but year after year is one of the top rock songs of all time when you see such lists. Rightly so it is a top 5 rock song of all time and has stood the test of time. It is OK to voice your praise closet TS fans....

Side 1 of Moving Pictures...will always be Classic Rock Album side at it's best

like a side of Zeppelin IV...classic

ToM SawYEr...to the average people it's classic!!!

Perm Waves/Moving Pictures/Signals

THE LAST GREAT ROCK TRIO OF ALBUMS BY 2.gif PERIOD...