Are you sure you want to meet your heros?

Thunder Bay Rush

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Sep 30 2012, 03:04 PM)
Met Neil 1981 M.P. was a bummer because he was very quiet reserved

Ged in 81, 2000, 2010 was always enjoyable

Alex 2010- 2011 always enjoyable

Wow! U r lucky to have met them all so many times! Glad that you did not let Neil put you off the band! Any more details?

I met Bruce Springsteen one time- completely accidental and I, of course being so socially gracefull, completely dissed him. ohmy.gif He got in my way when I was trying to take a picture of something else and I kind of used a lot of body language to indicate he should move out of the view of my camera. Then, I realized who it was and only got a picture of the back of his head.

In retrospect, he was trying to be cool and very nice, as it is quite natural that he should think I was trying to photograph him.

Agreed. Seems like you can say anything to anyone these days, preface it with a "no insult" or "just saying" and expect to get off scott free.

People who go around pre-judging people's dads without any prior knowledge should try just keeping their mouths shut.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Oct 1 2012, 11:25 AM)
QUOTE (mmclarney @ Oct 1 2012, 11:21 AM)

People who go around pre-judging people's dads without any prior knowledge should try just keeping their mouths shut.

I'm going on what she, his daughter, described him as.

I recognize that. It still gives you ZERO authority to classify the man - who you've never met - as "socially retarded".

QUOTE (mmclarney @ Oct 1 2012, 11:50 AM)

I recognize that. It still gives you ZERO authority to classify the man - who you've never met - as "socially retarded".

The guy is still trolling this thread right now for responses.

He's a weird creep.

Why don't you just shut the f**k up. It's one thing to be a constant source of insults and negativity when it comes to Rush, but it's entirely another when it comes to being insulting and negative to a member and her father. Why your posting privilages haven't been yanked yet, I probably wouldn't understand if I had a detailed explanation. You add nothing to this forum. I mean, even as a troll, you're boring and uninspired. But, what do you care, right? You've still got a couple fans here, and you're probably enjoying all this attention.

Back on topic, I'd love to meet them all.. even if it was just a meet and greet. I met Geddy in Edison NJ on his MFH signing tour, but I was too nervous to say anything other than "thanks" for the autograph. I'd do a little better, if given another chance laugh.gif

QUOTE (Eric2112 @ Sep 28 2012, 04:52 PM)
Neil Peart, while not necessarily a meet and greet type, is actually rather nice in person, assuming you don't go all spaz on him. He's just a guy that happens to play drums, seriously, that's all he see himself as. I believe he's more interested in the fact that you've read his books then the fact that he's a world class drummer.

E

goodpost.gif

This sounds reasonable.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 29 2012, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 18 2012, 05:38 PM)
I like Neil's take on it.  Neil said he loved Keith Moon, but would never have dreamed of meeting him.

It was his lame attempt at using reverse psychology on his fans. You can bet Neil would've licked Keith Moon's personal drumsticks clean back in his "starving artist" days.

I believe Neil said,

"OK, I was the biggest Who fan as a kid. I never dreamed of trying to find their hotel and knocking on their door or interfering in their lives in any way, I don't understand it."

This being said, I find it hard to believe that if given the chance of a proper and pre-arranged meeting with Keith Moon, that Neil wouldn't have relished the opportunity.

He would have been a musician with the opportunity to meet one of his musical influences after all.

In regards to meeting Neil,

Geddy Lee said, "It's not a personal thing, it's a shyness thing."

He's made his feeling on the subject quite clear and I respect that and appreciate his art all the same.

~Cheers, RGLT

PS, with respect to GeminiRising79...

I don't beleive that GeminiRising79 is a troll or even comes here to pick fights, draw attention or annoy people.

GeminiRising79, is just another Rush fan with a opinion that differs from mine who states it on a public forum just as I do.

It is not fair (or nice) to speak so negatively and hatefully about this person for doing so.

We are all Rush fans enjoying the same music and freedom to speak about it.

C'mon Gemini, while you constantly stir up trouble in here you are not usually that insulting towards others. That time you were way out of line!

GeminiRisigin79- Do you actually have a real grievance with Neil Peart? Due to a real world interaction? Something beyond "he did not shake my hand nicely enough one day" or "he changed his music, how dare he" or something equally impersonal like that. It seems from a lot of your posts that you harbor him a great deal of focused ill-will.

QUOTE (Animate @ Oct 1 2012, 08:02 PM)
GeminiRisigin79- Do you actually have a real grievance with Neil Peart? Due to a real world interaction? Something beyond "he did not shake my hand nicely enough one day" or "he changed his music, how dare he" or something equally impersonal like that. It seems from a lot of your posts that you harbor him a great deal of focused ill-will.

I'm starting to think Rush's management and security should be alerted to this guy.

Very creepy stuff.