Replacement Refs

Lost In Xanadu

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are claiming simultaneous possession but Jennings had two hands on it through-ought the catch, Tate took his right hand off for a split second that is not simultaneous - this is total crap and i could care less who won tonight -

*BREAKING NEWS*

The NFL has finally decided to make a change by firing the replacement referees following last nights debacle in Seattle. The upgrade will begin just in time for Thursday nights NFL Network game. The league has hired several Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey circus clowns to officiate the games until an agreement with the real officials can be reached. The upgrade comes as a big relief to angry football fans nationwide.

Sadly Ringling Bros. has announced this morning they will be using replacement clowns for there upcoming events. Wiki leaks has reported they may be on the verge of a reported deal which would have the NFL replacement refs being sized for large shoes and shiny red noses by the weekend.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Sep 25 2012, 01:36 AM)
Nothing else to say except wtf.gif

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/hOrH7.jpg

It was definitely an interception. But they teach you in the NFL that no one should catch the ball. He should have knocked it down instead of worrying about getting an INT.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Sep 25 2012, 08:00 AM)
But they teach you in the NFL that no one should catch the ball. He should have knocked it down instead of worrying about getting an INT.

That's exactly what the Tennessee Titan defender did at the end of regulation. He batted the Hail Mary pass....right into the hands of a Lion WR for a touchdown.

It seems to me that if you're in position to catch the ball, you should catch it. If you're not in good position, you should bat it down or away (preferrably to the side). Never bat it towards any player coming down the field towards the end zone.

And, since the refs aren't going to call interference, you might as well shove or even tackle the WR..... confused13.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Sep 25 2012, 08:40 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 25 2012, 08:07 AM)
Can you imagine if they came out of the review and said it was an Int? 13th man may have hurt some pretend refs.

Can you imagine that called being made at Lambeau Field?

In the famous/infamous Replay Game at Lambeau Field (1989), QB Don Majkowski was ruled to have NOT been over the line-o-scrimmage when he threw the game-winning TD to Sterling Sharpe against da Bears. The refs overturned the on-field call of illegal foward pass.

Bears coach Mike Ditka, after the game, said, "If this game had been played at Soldier Field, that play would have never been overturned." (paraphrase)

Go figure..... 653.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Sep 25 2012, 08:52 AM)
Wouldn't you think the replacements would be getting better with more experience? Instead, they seem to be getting worse.

Ya just can't fix stupid..... no.gif no.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Sep 25 2012, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Sep 25 2012, 08:52 AM)
Wouldn't you think the replacements would be getting better with more experience?  Instead, they seem to be getting worse.

Ya just can't fix stupid..... no.gif no.gif

But, who's really stupid? The repl. refs or the billionare NFL/owners who continue to allow the integrity of the game to be compromised over several $100K. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Sep 25 2012, 09:52 AM)
Wouldn't you think the replacements would be getting better with more experience? Instead, they seem to be getting worse.

3 weeks isn't going to make any improvement in unqualified people.

The inexpertiese of these officials is almost a joke at this point...I realize these guys are lower tier college, arena, and in some cases high school refs and not adept to the pace of NFL officiating, but that's on them...they crossed the metaphorical picket line, and should have realized what they were getting themselves into.

I do also love the fact that both a GB player, and a Wisconsin senator both tweeted out Roger Goodel's phone number.

Funniest tweet i've read so far about this whole debacle.." If this call had been made in Oakland, 5 people would have been stabbed by now"

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 25 2012, 11:02 AM)
The inexpertiese of these officials is almost a joke at this point...I realize these guys are lower tier college, arena, and in some cases high school refs and not adept to the pace of NFL officiating, but that's on them...they crossed the metaphorical picket line, and should have realized what they were getting themselves into.
I do also love the fact that both a GB player, and a Wisconsin senator both tweeted out Roger Goodel's phone number.
Funniest tweet i've read so far about this whole debacle.." If this call had been made in Oakland, 5 people would have been stabbed by now"

rofl3.gif It's funny 'cos it's true.

Drew Brees: Replacement refs are an 'embarrassment'

Even prior to Monday night's drama, frustration surrounding the shaky performance of the NFL's replacement officials had reached a fever pitch. Three games in, New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees has seen more than enough to draw a conclusion.

"There's definitely a lack of confidence in what's going to get called and what's not going to get called," Brees told ESPN Radio before "Monday Night Football." "... You know, they're just not prepared to be in this situation. The game is so fast, and the level that all of them were at and now are at -- it just doesn't even compare. You know, I think it's getting to a point where it's pretty horrendous and it's an embarrassment to the league and the way it's being conducted."

Brees' comments came hours before Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson's final pass against the Green Bay Packers was determined to be a touchdown by one official and an interception by another. That marked the game's most egregious error in a festival of gaffes.

"I love this league and love the game of football, but tonight's debacle hurts me greatly," Brees tweeted after Monday's game. "This is NOT the league we're supposed to represent."

Brees wasn't done, sending out another ref-related tweet Tuesday. "Ironic that our league punishes those based on conduct detrimental. Whose CONDUCT is DETRIMENTAL now?"

The league finds itself in an interesting situation. The prime-time schedule was expanded this season to parade out more nationally televised games than ever before. In another year, that would be touted as a victory, but the replacement refs have stumbled hardest in these widely seen affairs. There's no going back after last night, and this conversation isn't going away.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 25 2012, 01:10 PM)
Brees wasn't done, sending out another ref-related tweet Tuesday. "Ironic that our league punishes those based on conduct detrimental. Whose CONDUCT is DETRIMENTAL now?"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You see, incompetence is allowed. That's OK, you know.

Now, being "naughty" is not allowed. Don't you see the difference?? wink.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Sep 25 2012, 01:17 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 25 2012, 01:10 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You see, incompetence is allowed. That's OK, you know.

Now, being "naughty" is not allowed. Don't you see the difference?? wink.gif wink.gif

Of course it's the GoodHell way...

eyesre4.gif laugh.gif