**Spoiler**

losingit2k

Looking at the 15th released pic (sheet music). It seems to be the rhythm and notes to the synthezied beginning of Red Sector A? You can see the measures listed as well (2 and 6) which indicates its the beginning of the piece. Perhaps the strings will be playing this part instead of the keyboards. Can any other musicians verify this by checking out the pic below?

http://www.rushshowphotos.com/Rush2012/Tea...09792&k=5DfNM4k

If so we have another song from the set list.

Edited by losingit2k

The note Present is either an "A" in treble clef or a "D" in the bass clef. If its the latter it well may be Red Sector A since its in D minor. As poined out in the other tread it also may be BU2B2 in A minor.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

You've analyzed it better than I.

I was happy to see a snippet of sheet music, figuring I could determine what song will be played, but the page in the picture doesn't show enough of a variety of notes; it only shows several bars of a rhythmically repeated single note! "That could be anything!"

My guess, and it was only a guess, was that it was either "Far Cry" or "Animate." But your guess sounds more educated.

I hope it's NOT "Red Sector A"! I hate that song! When they played it on the VT tour, I'd go to the bathroom.

QUOTE (upstateNYfan @ Sep 4 2012, 11:08 AM)
It's probably BU2B2, due to the string presence on record and on tour.

Your're probably right. Logic indicates that its most likely BU2B2 for the reason you explained and as Hermy pointed out to me in an other thread. But it still could be Red Sector A if the music shown is in Bass clef and in Cut time but right now I'm leaning towards BU2B2 Since the emotional factor has worn off.

cool10.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 4 2012, 11:15 AM)

Your're probably right. Logic indicates that its most likely BU2B2 for the reason you explained and as Hermy pointed out to me in an other thread. But it still could be Red Sector A if the music shown is in Bass clef and in Cut time but right now I'm leaning towards BU2B2 Since the emotional factor has worn off.

cool10.gif

Dude your making me laugh...when you go to sleep at night, do you count the clefs? rofl3.gif

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Sep 4 2012, 11:19 AM)
The timing seems to be a single note - 1-2-3-4 - 1-2-3-4 - which goes along with BU2B2 perfectly.

Dude its the same rhythm as Red Sector A as well. We just don't know but your are probably right. Its most likely BU2B2 since they ahave strings and all. Actually i'm glad if it were since it may indicate that they may play the entire work.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Joesaracer @ Sep 4 2012, 11:24 AM)
If it was Red Sector A there would be double the amount of notes in the measure. The bass line is in 16th notes.

BU2B is in eighth notes. So this could be BU2B

It would be eigth notes if it were in cut time but Like I said you're probably right and I'm hoping its BU2B2. I heards Red Sector A way too much throughout the years.

unsure.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 4 2012, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 4 2012, 11:15 AM)

cool10.gif

Dude your making me laugh...when you go to sleep at night, do you count the clefs? rofl3.gif

Actually I start singing the Third Movement of Beethovan's 9th. That usually does the job.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 4 2012, 08:24 AM)
The note Present is either an "A" in treble clef or a "D" in the bass clef. If its the latter it well may be Red Sector A since its in D minor. As poined out in the other tread it also may be BU2B2 in A minor.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

correction; "C" in bass clef; making it not Red Sector A.

the rests at the top of the bars make me think that this may be violin score, with two different parts; one on top and one on bottom. but, it could also be Cello if it's bass clef, or Cello playing really high and its treble clef?

but it's definitely not a D note in bass clef.

QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ Sep 4 2012, 12:05 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 4 2012, 08:24 AM)

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

correction; "C" in bass clef; making it not Red Sector A.

the rests at the top of the bars make me think that this may be violin score, with two different parts; one on top and one on bottom. but, it could also be Cello if it's bass clef, or Cello playing really high and its treble clef?

but it's definitely not a D note in bass clef.

I Stand corrected. You are 100% right sir thats a "C" in the Bass Clef. Hence not Red Sector A at all. Since there are no songs I can remember with that pattern in C. That can only mean that its in treble clef and its an "A" Below middle C. Which would indicate most likely BU2B2. Now does this mean they will play the entire work?

confused13.gif

It's exciting stuff trying to decifer the out of focus music, and all the steam punk stuff.... it could be anything really if someone's come up with an arrangement for it, but seeing the number of repetitive bars of 'A's (assuming it's treble clef - if it's bass clef then those notes are very low!) I think it must be BU2B2.

I don't think it's Red Sector A, as the pulsing bass which is the part this music could represent would sound a bit odd being played by strings. Plus it would be in cut-common time too.

Just my opinion!

MK

Picture number 21 looks like a brain....so we could be in for some serious Hemispheres excerpts!

QUOTE (mk2112 @ Sep 4 2012, 12:35 PM)
It's exciting stuff trying to decifer the out of focus music, and all the steam punk stuff.... it could be anything really if someone's come up with an arrangement for it, but seeing the number of repetitive bars of 'A's (assuming it's treble clef - if it's bass clef then those notes are very low!) I think it must be BU2B2.
I don't think it's Red Sector A, as the pulsing bass which is the part this music could represent would sound a bit odd being played by strings. Plus it would be in cut-common time too.
Just my opinion!
MK

Picture number 21 looks like a brain....so we could be in for some serious Hemispheres excerpts!

Or Neil's Cauliflower lunch!

laugh.gif

I hope you're correct though. This is starting to get exciting!

drool1.gif popcorn.gif ohmy.gif popcorn.gif drool1.gif

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 4 2012, 02:52 PM)
If it's BU2B2 then they're definitely playing all of CA. Think about it. Why would they play BU2B2 but leave out Seven Cities or Wish Them Well?

Wouldn't surprise me considering it's going to be a 3.5 hour show.

You got that straight!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif