Neil's solo at 4:34 during Headlong Flight

losingit2k

Do you think they'll polace Neil's drummer solo during HF at his snare fill at 4:34?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they'll polace Neil's drummer solo during HF at his snare fill at 4:34?

• No
    • Yes
    • I don't what a solo at all

It came to me while listening to Headlong FLight that they might place Neil's drum solo in the middle of HF at 4:34 when Neil's long snare fill come in. Specially now that he has stated that he will be improvising the entire solo and

that he usually starts his drum solo with rudiments on the snare anayway. So this would be a great place to have it just like his solo in YYZ during the ESL tour.

Any thoughts?

confused13.gif

As for my vote I voted no, Since I like his solos independantly, coming off instrumentals and songs as he's done as of late.

1022.gif NeilFinal.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 15 2012, 04:46 PM)
It came to me while listening to Headlong FLight that they might place Neil's drum solo in the middle of HF at 4:34 when Neil's long snare fill come in. Specially now that he has stated that he will be improvising the entire solo and
that he usually starts his drum solo with rudiments on the snare anayway. So this would be a great place to have it just like his solo in YYZ during the ESL tour.

Any thoughts?

confused13.gif

As for my vote I voted no, Since I like his solos independantly, coming off instrumentals and songs as he's done as of late.

I've been wondering since I first heard Headlong Flight if they're going to do that.

Neil's drum solos have become pretty boring over the last few tours. I'd like it if he just busted out an insane 2-3 minute solo right in the middle of Headlong Flight. It would be a nice change of pace.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 15 2012, 04:46 PM)

Any thoughts?

confused13.gif

I posted this same thought weeks ago. I beat you to it! tongue.gif

I suspect he will continue to do a standalone solo with maybe Geddy and Alex doing an acoustic thing like they have in years past. I think it would give Neil a chance to catch his breath afterwards. I really like the flow of the snare roll to the toms and then the song goes into "the days were dark" recited. I would hope that flow doesn't get broken up - I think it really rocks.

Although, I wouldn't mind hearing his solo embedded in an old song like YYZ, just for old time sake.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Professor on the drums NeilFinal.gif

trink39.gif

<oh yeah, I voted "no" which I added in this edit>

Edited by CygnusGal

Great question - mostly 'cause I'm just not sure what to expect this time. I read where Neil intends to abandon his long tradition of structured drum solos for this tour so who knows what else he might do...?

With the strings and Neil's solo change-up, and their comments about dusting off some older songs, I'm thinking and hoping that this will be a much different show than what they've done recently. The Moving Pictures idea for the Time Machine tour was really nice, but many of those songs already got a lot of wear over the years (Camera Eye notwithstanding).

So a fresh batch of old Rush and a good dose of CA with (maybe?) an oddly place drum solo would go down nicely with an "ice cold beer".

All that said: I vote "no" - just a gut guess... cool.gif

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Aug 15 2012, 06:59 PM)
Neil's drum solos have become pretty boring over the last few tours. I'd like it if he just busted out an insane 2-3 minute solo right in the middle of Headlong Flight. It would be a nice change of pace.

I wouldn't call them boring, but it would be a nice change to get just a 2-3 minute solo as opposed to a 7-8 minute one. It would also leave room for another song.

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Aug 15 2012, 07:52 PM)
I suspect he will continue to do a standalone solo with maybe Geddy and Alex doing an acoustic thing like they have in years past.  I think it would give Neil a chance to catch his breath afterwards.  I really like the flow of the snare roll to the toms and then the song goes into "the days were dark" recited.  I would hope that flow doesn't get broken up - I think it really rocks.

Although, I wouldn't mind hearing his solo embedded in an old song like YYZ, just for old time sake.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Professor on the drums  NeilFinal.gif

trink39.gif

<oh yeah, I voted "no" which I added in this edit>

The Spoken part you mention comes right before the 4:34 mark, Hense the flow would not be interrupted! Actually it comes and sound pretty damn cool coming right after the "Yeah" in the spoken part!

cool.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 16 2012, 12:17 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 16 2012, 12:12 PM)
No

Spoken like a true dictator!

No!

Without any reason or explanation at all!

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Eat my ass and Balls moon.gif

No

No!

Nah , seriously laugh.gif I said no because i think the days of him doing it in a song like YYZ are over. He just wants to be alone wink.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 16 2012, 12:28 PM)
No

No!

Nah , seriously laugh.gif I said no because i think the days of him doing it in a song like YYZ are over. He just wants to be alone wink.gif

We bow in majestic adoration of our would-be dictator!

notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif