What aspect of Rush won you over?

Amy Farrah Fowler

Had never heard of rush before when I played YYZ on Guitar Hero 2. So many things about playing that song just hooked me (and the visuals of the encore it was played for helped too) from the unique sound, to the instrumentation, and how much fun it was to play. The unique name also gave enough motivation to look them up. I remember thinking there must have been 7 or 8 people in the band by the sound of the song, so I was shocked by the fact that there were only three guys. Slowly I learned more about them. I eventually bought the live album for S&A because it had YYZ TS and Limelight, but the other tracks could not do much more me, though I did pick up on TSOR and the instrumentals, it was a lot of songs to take in that were not all easy access to a new fan. Then I got gold for christmas, and heard Xanadu and The Big Money for the first time, and was officially hooked for life.

I guess it was Moving pictures that caught my undivided attention.

I knew about Rush, but this vinyl album made me look and listen hard.

I had several rough years and a couple marriages before my stepdaughters got me "Presto" for my birthday. Then "Roll The Bones"

I listened so much I drove them all crazy. Then I cooled off until Snakes & Arrows.

I was hooked again and now I can listen to nothing else.

My intro to Rush was "The Sprit of The Radio" and I really fell in Love w Geddy,Alex and Neil and just there playing just move me and I will always be a Rush girl!!!!!!!!!

Freshman year at RIT, 1977 (yes, I'm old)...my roommate back then had the most amazing stereo I had ever seen. First day we met he cranked the first Rush album, me coming from a small town I never heard it but I thought it sounded amazing. Ya gotta remember this was the height of the disco era and there was not much good music played on radio in those days, at least not in smaller markets. Later that first semester, a few of us gathered one night and listened to 2112 through a smokey haze...Rush fan for life ever since those college days so long ago now. Musically and lyrically just so damn enjoyable, listen after listen.

Later AFTK and Hemispheres totally blew me away, and Permanent Waves is still a favorite. I will confess from Signals on for a few keyboard heavy albums I lost some of the love, but from Roll the Bones onwards my addiction has been renewed. Can't wait to see them again in Hamilton :rush:

I have come to Rush late but so glad that I found them. My younger sister was into them big time during the 2112 tour but I never did listen. Then I met a friend about 13 years ago who loves the band so I was introduced to them on a car trip. Interesting but still not crazy. Then I took my sister to the R30 tour for a birthday present and I was impressed, especially liked the Feedback songs (they were ones I grew up on..yea I'm old) so I bought it at the tour. Starting listening in bits but didn't really get into them yet. Over the 2010 christmas holiday I saw Beyond a Lighted Stage on tv and it hit me. These guys are something else and I enjoyed the music too. I had an ipod that I found at the airport and it had GUP, Moving Pictures and others on it. I became obssessed by GUP for some reason, just couldn't listen enough. I think Subdivisons was the hook though, that song was so good and it captures so much of the angst of the teen age years. So I have been listening to their albums I missed and I can't get enough of their music. Clockwork Angels is fantastic and I can't wait to see them this summer. Don't know how I missed out on all those great years but I am making up for lost time..love Ged's bass playing, Neil's fabulous drumming and Alex is so underrated, his guitar can make sounds I never knew could come out of that instrument. Like someone else said, the guys themselves are so funny and real, hard not to like them. :heart: :kisshug: :notworthy: :geddy:

My older brother just bought MP in 81 or 82 and used to blast the entire album in his basement bedroom every morning before work. I can still vividly remember eating cereal at the kitchen table and letting those beautiful crisp complicated drum beats and Geddy's amazing voice seep into my young impressionable brain.

They've been my band ever since. And I am SO grateful :)

Edited by MMCXII