Coming Soon

Ru5h F@n

QUOTE (drummerboy @ Oct 4 2007, 07:55 PM)
NEW John Schlitt Ablum coming! John Schlitt of PETRA

Wasn't Petra a christian heavy metal rock group? I never liked them but I did hear of the name before when I was heavily into christian music back then. unsure.gif

Metallica

AC/DC rumored new studio album

Judas Priest

David Gilmour Live with Polish Orchestra from Gdansk, Poland (will have songs not on Remember That Night DVD like A Great Day for Freedom and other surprises according to DG's official blog and many of the tracks have an orchestra accompanying DG)

Heaven and Hell

Genesis 1970-75 box set (due September)

Iron Maiden Donnington Festival?

Those are all I know coming in 2008

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Jan 28 2008, 04:44 AM)
Metallica
Judas Priest
David Gilmour Live with Polish Orchestra from Gdansk, Poland (will have songs not on Remember That Night DVD like A Great Day for Freedom and other surprises according to DG's official blog and many of the tracks have an orchestra accompanying DG)
Heaven and Hell

I wouldn't hold your breath on some new DC. I've given up hoping to hear that one.

And I think you'll have a shorter wait for the Genesis set. Word is it'll be coming out around May time biggrin.gif

Anyway, Now that The Bedlam In Goliath is out, I can see this year going downhill. However, I am looking forward to the new U2 album, and the new Coldplay album. There are others but I really can't remember them.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jan 29 2008, 02:26 PM)
Metallica
Judas Priest
Heaven and Hell

I wouldn't hold your breath on some new DC. I've given up hoping to hear that one.

And I think you'll have a shorter wait for the Genesis set. Word is it'll be coming out around May time biggrin.gif

Anyway, Now that The Bedlam In Goliath is out, I can see this year going downhill. However, I am looking forward to the new U2 album, and the new Coldplay album. There are others but I really can't remember them.

The David Gilmour live album with symphony recorded in Poland in 2006 is already mixed and/or edited. Then comes choice of artwork or whatever and trying to decide which extras are to be included. It was confirmed by his official blog. Now comes releasing it by summer, either that or it will be an autumn release. The Genesis When in Rome DVD is out in April whilst the box set was officially pushed back to September in the UK and October here in the US.

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Jan 30 2008, 01:49 AM)
Metallica
Judas Priest
Heaven and Hell

The David Gilmour live album with symphony recorded in Poland in 2006 is already mixed and/or edited. Then comes choice of artwork or whatever and trying to decide which extras are to be included. It was confirmed by his official blog. Now comes releasing it by summer, either that or it will be an autumn release. The Genesis When in Rome DVD is out in April whilst the box set was officially pushed back to September in the UK and October here in the US.

Ah, I meant AC/DC, not Dave Gilmour, when I said 'DC'

And I just checked Genesis-music, and you were right on that one. Thanks for the heads up. At least now I won't be anticipating it and be dissapointed come May.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jan 29 2008, 09:34 PM)
Metallica
Judas Priest
Heaven and Hell

And I just checked Genesis-music, and you were right on that one. Thanks for the heads up. At least now I won't be anticipating it and be dissapointed come May.

My apologies, I was misunderstood. I misconstrued as DG. AC/DC's Australian label says no album whilst the band's label outside Australia Sony BMG are saying it is almost done and Mutt Lange is reuniting with them to produce.

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Jan 30 2008, 07:36 AM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jan 29 2008, 09:34 PM)
Metallica
Judas Priest
Heaven and Hell

My apologies, I was misunderstood. I misconstrued as DG. AC/DC's Australian label says no album whilst the band's label outside Australia Sony BMG are saying it is almost done and Mutt Lange is reuniting with them to produce.

I'd stick with what the australian label are saying. There was talk of a small European club tour in january/february which hasn't materialised yet, and that was mentioned in the same sentence as 'new album's nearly done'. So the australian label I'd say is more trustworthy.

I do wish they'd hurry up with it though.

Brain-damage.co.uk and David Gilmour's official blog on his website in late November said that David Gilmour's concert at the Gdansk Shipyard on August 26th, 2006 (the last show of the On an Island tour), is to be released as a live CD at some point this year. The concert was held before a huge crowd of 100,000, and marked the 26th anniversary of Poland's 1980 revolution, where nation-wide strikes led to the eventual fall of communism. August 26th itself was the day in which the Solidarity trade union was founded.

Whilst the concert was notable for the inclusion of "A Great Day For Freedom" as part of the encores, David's blog site also mentions, tantalizingly, that "there will be one or two assorted extras thrown in for good measure..." More news, obviously, as we get it. Also, he was accompanied on some tracks by an orchestra.

The track listing is the full show and my estimate of what songs will appear on each CD.

Disc 1:

Speak to Me

Breathe

Time

Breathe Reprise

Castellorizon

On An Island

The Blue

Red Sky At Night

This Heaven

Then I Close My Eyes

Smile

Take A Breath

A Pocketful Of Stones

Where We Start

Disc 2:

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Wot's...Uh The Deal

Astronomy Domine

Fat Old Sun

High Hopes

Echoes

Disc 3:

Wish You Were Here

A Great Day For Freedom

Comfortably Numb

plus one or two extras at the end of CD 3 (Echoes might be on disc 3, will keep eye peeled). Tentative release is summer/fall release.

Anyone heard about this?

EMI are currently looking at releasing a new Fish era boxset with the following tracklisting;

CD 1/2 At the Marquee 30/12/1982

CD 3 Reading Festival 27/8/1983

CD 4 Chippenham Goldiggers 12/2/1984

CD 5 Hammersmith Odeon 14/12/1984

CD 6 Wembley Arena 5/11/1987

Bonus DVD - Live and TV Performance at the BBC

With new Mark Wilkinson artwork.

Booklet to feature pictures, memorabilia and memories of each gig by band members and fans.

Sounds very cool... if it comes off will be very cool I think.

Anyone getting Mike Oldfield's new album tomorrow? wink.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/MOTS.jpg

The Black Keys' new CD is released on 1st April, and the chaps are doing a tour with a few UK dates in May. The tour includes Birmingham, London, Glasgow, Manchester and Leeds (23rd). I've managed to get tickets for Leeds, but why no Newcastle show?

Still if you get the chance to see these guys, don't pass it up. For two guys they make a canny blues rock din.

QUOTE (fritz44 @ Mar 26 2008, 09:36 PM)
The Black Keys' new CD is released on 1st April, and the chaps are doing a tour with a few UK dates in May. The tour includes Birmingham, London, Glasgow, Manchester and Leeds (23rd). I've managed to get tickets for Leeds, but why no Newcastle show?

Still if you get the chance to see these guys, don't pass it up. For two guys they make a canny blues rock din.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif The Black Keys have a fantastic raw bluesy sound, I have the Rubber Factory album and keep meaning to pick up some more of their CDs. Which venue in Manchester are they playing?

QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 16 2008, 06:25 PM)

that's a great chill album.. i have been listening toTubular Bells lately though

QUOTE (Part 4 of a Trilogy @ Apr 19 2008, 08:11 AM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 16 2008, 06:25 PM)

that's a great chill album.. i have been listening toTubular Bells lately though

Classic biggrin.gif trink39.gif

People at work hate it though... eyesre4.gif

Candlebox will release their fourth studio record, "Into The Sun," on July 22, 2008. The album's first single, "Stand," hits radio on May 12!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

My Chemical Romance is releasing their live CD/DVD album "The Black Parade Is Dead!" on June 24.

Here is the link for the notes.

QUOTE (failte @ Apr 21 2008, 08:52 AM)
Candlebox will release their fourth studio record, "Into The Sun," on July 22, 2008. The album's first single, "Stand," hits radio on May 12!
1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I hope it's as good as their other releases. These guys are good.