Secret Touch

Gompers

Someone sent me a personal re-EQ of Vapor Trails. I have to say, I like Secret Touch better on this mix. One thing that would massively improve the tune would be to remove the vocal over-dubs through most of the song. Also if the song could be cut back about a minute, it would work a lot better for me. I think panning the guitars a little more would spread the sound.

It has some nice raw power and some serious knock down the wall aggressive moments.

If your remix of VT was sent through this forum, I think I have the same one, though since my computer crashed I haven't been able to check it out. So instead, I'll give some love to 'Secret Touch'. wub.gif

Love it! Love how it builds up, then gets soft, then gradually builds up again at the end. And the bass in this song... when I finally get my paws on a bass, I'm going to be learning this one. It's not typical Geddy-fast-noodling, but some drawn-out high notes that just rub me the right way.

So happy I caught this live a few years back.

The instrumental section in this song reminds me of Caravan's, or should I say vice versa. Just the way they compartmentalize it from one distinct jam section to another to another, then end with a big climax that ties them all together. Very good song. Edited by NYM86

QUOTE (vital signz @ Aug 1 2012, 12:18 PM)
It along with Earthshine were the two songs on VT that immediately stood out for me and took zero work to instantly like.

yep yes.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Aug 1 2012, 01:21 PM)
Secret Touch?

Reminds me of that creepy old guy who lived just down the road when I was a lad...

You may think you're a comedian. your no comedian to a comedian!

Did I say that right? rofl3.gif