More love for Headlong Flight

Gedneil Alpeart

Loved it since day 1

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 24 2012, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 24 2012, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 24 2012, 08:40 AM)
Best since Permanent Waves in my book.

better than Moving Pictures?

does not compute.

goodpost.gif

I too prefer Clockwork Angels to Moving Pictures.

I've just never been a big fan of Moving Pictures, especially because for the most part I find the studio versions of the songs on it to be a bit sterile. I agreed very much with the reviewer who described "Red Barchetta" as being "a song about excitement rather than an exciting song."

I only learnt proper appreciation for Moving Pictures through live recordings, and even so, there are only three tracks on it that I rate above 7.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jul 24 2012, 03:14 PM)

does not compute.

goodpost.gif

I've just never been a big fan of Moving Pictures, especially because for the most part I find the studio versions of the songs on it to be a bit sterile. I agreed very much with the reviewer who described "Red Barchetta" as being "a song about excitement rather than an exciting song."

I only learnt proper appreciation for Moving Pictures through live recordings, and even so, there are only three tracks on it that I rate above 7.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

does not compute.

goodpost.gif

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!!

Geddy's Mullet--you deserve a case of whatever you freaking want--send me the tab!!!

does not compute.

goodpost.gif

Geddy's Mullet--you deserve a case of whatever you freaking want--send me the tab!!!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 24 2012, 10:53 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 24 2012, 08:37 AM)
The story doesn't really interest me compared to other great concept albums. Context didn't really do much.

I think it has something with not being able to understand Geddy without reading the lyrics.

That doesn't make any sense to me with this song in particular. I remember when the song was released prior to the album and we were able to decipher almost all of the lyrics pretty quickly. Other songs on the album are harder to get without the liner notes... but that's often been the case with Rush for a long time.

Exactly Goober. The lyrics to this song are quite comprehensible without reading them no doubt.

Complaining about understanding Geddy in parts on CA is nothing new. There are quite a few classic Rush songs where it's hard to understand Geddy.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 24 2012, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 24 2012, 10:53 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jul 24 2012, 08:37 AM)
The story doesn't really interest me compared to other great concept albums. Context didn't really do much.

I think it has something with not being able to understand Geddy without reading the lyrics.

That doesn't make any sense to me with this song in particular. I remember when the song was released prior to the album and we were able to decipher almost all of the lyrics pretty quickly. Other songs on the album are harder to get without the liner notes... but that's often been the case with Rush for a long time.

But even if you get the lyrics to HF, it doesn't really matter for context if you don't understand the context.

What's there not to understand?

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 24 2012, 01:27 PM)

does not compute.

goodpost.gif

you guys are refreshingly nutty smile.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 24 2012, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 24 2012, 01:27 PM)

does not compute.

goodpost.gif

you guys are refreshingly nutty smile.gif

We are the magnets...you are the steel!!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 24 2012, 11:08 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 24 2012, 10:59 AM)

does not compute.

goodpost.gif

Does not compute....hmmmmm....sounds like an old commodore 64 model yer workin with there!

Moving Pictures is a great album no doubt. Clockwork Angels is just better. I know, I know...now I'll be the subject of a witch hunt.

rofl3.gif

We'll be checking your vital signs for signs of intelligent life.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jul 24 2012, 04:14 PM)

does not compute.

goodpost.gif

I would say you are hearing impaired but won't because that is a subjective opinion. This being said, I have listened to S&A a lot more than MP for quite sometime now. The two albums don't even compare because S&A was crafted with a different mindset. It is Alex' album more than anyone's and it shows, IMO. MP was more band related and Rush was riding high in new found post-PeW popularity.

Edited by Gompers

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 24 2012, 07:25 PM)

does not compute.

goodpost.gif

I would say you are hearing impaired but won't because that is a subjective opinion. This being said, I have listened to S&A a lot more than MP for quite sometime now. The two albums don't even compare because S&A was crafted with a different mindset. It is Alex' album more than anyone's and it shows, IMO. MP was more band related and Rush was riding high in new found post-PeW popularity.

The bolded is exactly why I said that I PREFER Clockwork Angels to Moving Pictures.

And the fact that I am slightly hearing impaired has SFA to do with my opinion of these two albums.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jul 24 2012, 07:33 PM)

does not compute.

goodpost.gif

The bolded is exactly why I said that I PREFER Clockwork Angels to Moving Pictures.

And the fact that I am slightly hearing impaired has SFA to do with my opinion of these two albums.

SFA...well there is a new one. Enlighten me oh master of tasteful music.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jul 24 2012, 06:33 PM)

does not compute.

goodpost.gif

Rabbi Izzy Kolinski could not have said it better!!!

Still love your stuff though Gomp man!!!

popcorn.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 24 2012, 07:37 PM)

does not compute.

goodpost.gif

"SFA" stands for Sweet f**k All.

And who says I'm a master of tasteful music? laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jul 24 2012, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 24 2012, 07:37 PM)

does not compute.

goodpost.gif

"SFA" stands for Sweet f**k All.

And who says I'm a master of tasteful music? laugh.gif

trink39.gif