London 2012

blackhawkrush

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 11 2012, 02:04 AM)
Is there anyone on this board who doesn't think the Jamacians are souped up on drugs?

I figure Bolt is probably clean - like cycling's Lance Armstrong, I bet he's been tested more than any other athlete in his sport.

Kind of odd that the US lost some of its total dominance in track after the clampdown on performance-enhancing drugs. Did we have that many runners shooting up in days of yore? Or have others found something that doesn't yet test?

I'm still wondering what will shake out with the superhuman performance of the Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen. Exactly what were she, her coach, and her trainer doing in that handicapped bathroom stall five minutes prior to her event?

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 11 2012, 01:40 AM)
Is there anyone on this board who doesn't think the Jamacians are souped up on drugs?

I figure Bolt is probably clean - like cycling's Lance Armstrong, I bet he's been tested more than any other athlete in his sport.

Kind of odd that the US lost some of its total dominance in track after the clampdown on performance-enhancing drugs. Did we have that many runners shooting up in days of yore? Or have others found something that doesn't yet test?

I'm still wondering what will shake out with the superhuman performance of the Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen. Exactly what were she, her coach, and her trainer doing in that handicapped bathroom stall five minutes prior to her event?

Floorgy?

The other stalls are too cramped.

I was just watching modern pentathlon and in the show jumping section this horse refused the 3rd fence. The rider had a few problems controlling the horse and it wasn't clear if there was a insurmountable problem. Then the horse took a good dump... biggrin.gif And that was the answer, the horse took the rest of the fences pretty nicely. The horse just had to poo! So let them horses poo before you ride them in show jumping! cat.gif 1287.gif

cool10.gif

Watching speed walking. What an odd sport. I wonder if they are ever overwhelmed by the urge to just jog away. unsure.gif

At least they don't have the issues treeduck just mentioned.

Eewww.... ohmy.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Aug 11 2012, 12:07 PM)
Watching speed walking. What an odd sport. I wonder if they are ever overwhelmed by the urge to just jog away. unsure.gif

I think so. Five disqualified already...

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Aug 11 2012, 03:21 PM)
Canadian men disqualified after the 4x100 relay final. Say goodbye to the bronze. doh.gif

Where the heck is Canada in the medals table? I know they hate summer there and crave snow but have they got 1 gold medal yet??

wacko.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 11 2012, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Aug 11 2012, 03:21 PM)
Canadian men disqualified after the 4x100 relay final. Say goodbye to the bronze.  doh.gif

Where the heck is Canada in the medals table? I know they hate summer there and crave snow but have they got 1 gold medal yet??

wacko.gif

They're 34th. 1 gold, 5 silver and 12 bronze.

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Aug 11 2012, 01:07 PM)

At least they don't have the issues treeduck just mentioned.

Eewww.... ohmy.gif

Even odder is that one of the walkers in the men's division got tossed for doping. Doping? To walk faster? I'm sorry, but that's just hilarious.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 11 2012, 12:40 AM)

I figure Bolt is probably clean - like cycling's Lance Armstrong

Was that sarcastic?