Halo Effect: Acoustic Re-arraignment?

The Owl

Sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum, this topic I think could fit in both here and in the tour sub-forum..

------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking about what Alex could do for the now-traditional post-drum solo acoustic track... and I was thinking the boys could re-work "Halo Effect" into an acoustic set and both Alex and Geddy could come out and do the track on stools... Much in the same way "Resist" was re-worked and performed after the drum solo live on previous tours.

Would this be a good idea, and would it work?

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 16 2012, 09:04 PM)
Sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum, this topic I think could fit in both here and in the tour sub-forum..

I was thinking about what Alex could do for the now-traditional post-drum solo acoustic track... and I was thinking the boys could re-work "Halo Effect" into an acoustic set and both Alex and Geddy could come out and do the track on stools... Much in the same way "Resist" was re-worked and performed after the drum solo live on previous tours. 

That may happen. Who knows. Cool if it did.

I'll be in Manchester, NH 9/7, so I'll let you know.

smile.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 16 2012, 08:04 PM)

It's possible. At his age Neil seems to really like that 5 minute break after the solo so it wouldnt shock me to see them do something similar again.

Personally though I think I would rather it be something older. Not a new song. Ive seen on the VT and S&A tours new songs dont usually go over all that well even in their normal hard rocking form. Rush has so many fans that dont care about their new music that still go see them to see their old favorites. PNC was just dead during that long stretch of S&A songs in the 2nd set, so to strip down a new song? I dont know.

I think it would work better if they did this with an older song, like maybe Lakeside Park. They would needed to change it up a bit but it could work, and since we know Alex and Geddy dont like that album very much, it doesnt get much love at all during their tours.

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jul 16 2012, 09:03 PM)
No way they do that to a brand new song.

Yeah seems to risky with new songs. I cant see it going over well at all. Strip down Halo Effect? I hope the bathroom attendants are ready and the people selling the beers well stocked.

Do this with an old classic though? Yeah that would be different.

Edited by trenken

My husband and I were discussing this same thing yesterday. I think it's a possibility only because using the MIDI acoustic just won't sound right. And switching back and forth between the stand and the electric.

Then again.... confused13.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 16 2012, 08:28 PM)
Rush has so many fans that dont care about their new music that still go see them to see their old favorites.

And then there are the large percentage of us who actually do enjoy their new material.

I don't think it sounds like a silly idea at all. I'd prefer it over hearing Resist again! It's just for something different.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 16 2012, 08:04 PM)

No reason to make a snoozer coma-inducing.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jul 17 2012, 12:09 PM)
Rush has so many fans that dont care about their new music that still go see them to see their old favorites.

And then there are the large percentage of us who actually do enjoy their new material.

I don't think it sounds like a silly idea at all. I'd prefer it over hearing Resist again! It's just for something different.

But its not a large percentage. It is a large percentage of US. 80% at any given show don't even have the new album.

I would rather hear Different Strings, with strings and acoustic.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jul 17 2012, 12:29 PM)

But its not a large percentage. It is a large percentage of US. 80% at any given show don't even have the new album.

Well then nerts to them! laugh.gif It's the Clockwork Angels Tour, therefore you'd expect lots of Clockwork Angels to be played. wink.gif

I really don't understand the negative reaction to Halo Effect... It's a very nice song, and a great breath of air on the album.... I think an acoustic arrangement would even more beautify this track and would be excellent after the drum solo.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 17 2012, 07:25 PM)
I really don't understand the negative reaction to Halo Effect... It's a very nice song, and a great breath of air on the album.... I think an acoustic arrangement would even more beautify this track and would be excellent after the drum solo.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jul 17 2012, 05:15 PM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jul 17 2012, 12:29 PM)

Well then nerts to them! laugh.gif It's the Clockwork Angels Tour, therefore you'd expect lots of Clockwork Angels to be played. wink.gif

Quoting Frank Burns gets you gets you 5 out of 5 Fonzies on the cool scale. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jul 17 2012, 07:29 PM)

goodpost.gif

I'm afraid that beautifying Rush music only gets 1 out of 5 Fonzies for Mr. Owl. And I'm being gracious. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jul 17 2012, 06:29 PM)

goodpost.gif

I like the song. I just don't think it is going to be played.