I got to meet Jack Black because of my Rush shirt!

Kelly D

Jack Black was one section over from my Rush Rat friend and me on Sunday, July 1st when we saw Roger Waters perform the Wall at Fenway Park in Boston, MA!

When he was spotted a huge crowd gathered to take photos. I decided to refrain from being that crass and instead show him my Rush girly sulfur alchemy symbol shirt that I brought with me, knowing he's a huge Rush fan. It was a no-brainer!

He was with his Tenacious D bandmate, Kyle Gass, but no one seemed to care about poor KG :'( They both seemed pretty resigned to their respective fates. The crowd dispersed after a few minutes after a random woman tried telling the people it was just a Jack Black impersonator. After a minute I went over to him and said, "Jack!" and showed him my shirt.

He didn't say much to me- he smiled in appreciation, pressed a finger to his lips, then extended a finger to me, like E.T. We touched fingers in mutual appreciation of the Holy Triumvirate, he said, "You're wonderful. Love ya, baby," blew me a kiss, and we both returned to our seats. Luckily my friend who took me to the concert got photos!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/dancingdays/random/JB_KDjpg.jpg

Kelly - you always amaze me with your stories. Cool to see Jack so relaxed in the middle of the crowd. Great shot.

Wow, that's pretty cool. Based on the pictures in your sig, it seems like you've been pretty damn lucky when it comes to encounters like that. And I have to ask - and sorry for probably being late on this one - but are you the girl I keep noticing the camera cuts to in the front row when I'm watching the Time Machine concert? Because if you are, once again, lucky!

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Jul 4 2012, 02:52 PM)
Wow, that's pretty cool. Based on the pictures in your sig, it seems like you've been pretty damn lucky when it comes to encounters like that. And I have to ask - and sorry for probably being late on this one - but are you the girl I keep noticing the camera cuts to in the front row when I'm watching the Time Machine concert? Because if you are, once again, lucky!

Yes, that's me! I was in the third/second rows, actually. . . what a stellar night that was! biggrin.gif And thank you!

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jul 4 2012, 02:40 PM)
Kelly = luckiest bitch ever. laugh.gif <3

"We draw our own designs" tongue.gif

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 4 2012, 02:32 PM)
Kelly - you always amaze me with your stories. Cool to see Jack so relaxed in the middle of the crowd. Great shot.

Thanks! He seemed kinda annoyed at all the attention he was getting but I at least had something of substance to show him wink.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jul 4 2012, 02:54 PM)
Yes, that's me! I was in the third/second rows, actually. . . what a stellar night that was! biggrin.gif And thank you!

I always notice the little dance you do at the beginning of La Villa laugh.gif

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Jul 4 2012, 03:30 PM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jul 4 2012, 02:54 PM)

I always notice the little dance you do at the beginning of La Villa laugh.gif

I'm singing "Still No Guitar" rofl3.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jul 4 2012, 07:01 PM)
And you were very smart about it! All you wanted to do was pay homage to Rush! School of Rock, baby! 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Thanks! I try to be very respectful when I meet famous people and he was totally chill.

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Jul 4 2012, 10:38 PM)
You must go to church a lot, because luck is obviously on your side smile.gif

No church for me unless you count rocking out to 2.gif Atheism, baby 1022.gif

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Jul 4 2012, 10:47 PM)
BTW Kelly, which CA shows are going to?

Manchester, Bristow, Bridgeport, Toronto, Boston, and Vegas are in the works! common001.gif

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Jul 5 2012, 03:52 AM)

Come on, part of it's luck. The other part is physical attractiveness. Put many of us other TRFers in that same seat and I'd guess we wouldn't be on camera too many times. wink.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 5 2012, 02:02 AM)
QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Jul 5 2012, 03:52 AM)

Come on, part of it's luck. The other part is physical attractiveness. Put many of us other TRFers in that same seat and I'd guess we wouldn't be on camera too many times. wink.gif

Does that mean that Alex isn't going to pull me out of the crowd so he can give me a big hug and have my picture taken with him and give me a bunch of cool stuff? eh.gif

Hey Kelly, congrats on meeting Jack. Seems like he was very cool.

Now for a far more important question: How did you like The Wall? I ask cuz I was absolutely freaking blown away when I saw it in Portland on May 22nd. How were your seats? I had 12th row floor which certainly didn't hurt. It compared very favorably with being in the front row for Rush last summer.

I'm really hoping Roger will go on for another year so as to get a chance to see it again.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Jul 5 2012, 04:12 PM)
Now for a far more important question: How did you like The Wall? I ask cuz I was absolutely freaking blown away when I saw it in Portland on May 22nd. How were your seats? I had 12th row floor which certainly didn't hurt. It compared very favorably with being in the front row for Rush last summer.
I'm really hoping Roger will go on for another year so as to get a chance to see it again.

I saw it twice- inside at the XL Center in Hartford in 11th row and then outside at Fenway in about 19th row- ugh it was INCREDIBLE!!! Such a feast for the eyes and ears!

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jul 5 2012, 03:08 PM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Jul 5 2012, 04:12 PM)

I saw it twice- inside at the XL Center in Hartford in 11th row and then outside at Fenway in about 19th row- ugh it was INCREDIBLE!!! Such a feast for the eyes and ears!

Nice!! I felt like my location (and yours too I'm guessing) was pretty much ideal....far enough back to see everything, close enough to well, see everything. smile.gif