Clockwork Angels Trolls

Tick

A troll is someone who tries to disrupt threads and generally posts nonsense. A differing opinion does not constitute "trolldom" people.

Your moderation staff

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 27 2012, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 27 2012, 12:59 PM)
QUOTE (Czarcasm @ Jun 27 2012, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 27 2012, 12:33 PM)
QUOTE (Czarcasm @ Jun 27 2012, 12:23 PM)
So discussing an opinion that goes against the norm makes you a troll or not a true fan? It generates conversation and is the entire point of such a forum.

I knew this place was a circle jerk, but honestly guys, you could use TRF as an example for how fascism spreads.

Whatever doosh. Try Counterparts if this site don't suitcha.

>Typical level of discussion in TRF

Are you obtuse? Look at your insulting post.

music.gif and in the end/the hate you take/is equal to the hate you make music.gif

tongue.gif

Yeah, Czarcasm, you initiated this particular exchange by throwing out a couple of insults (fascism, circle jerk). Lerxster just responded in kind.

So you can't really blame the TRF fanboi fascist circle-jerkers for this one. confused13.gif

Fair enough. I threw out the word the word fascist to make a point. Just what it seems like when a crowd mentality overrules or puts down differing opinions.

I admit I do get tired of the politics between posters here when I just would like to discuss the actual music and the albums themselves, not waveforms, trolls, and hate posts.

QUOTE (Czarcasm @ Jun 27 2012, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 27 2012, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 27 2012, 12:59 PM)
QUOTE (Czarcasm @ Jun 27 2012, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 27 2012, 12:33 PM)
QUOTE (Czarcasm @ Jun 27 2012, 12:23 PM)
So discussing an opinion that goes against the norm makes you a troll or not a true fan? It generates conversation and is the entire point of such a forum.

I knew this place was a circle jerk, but honestly guys, you could use TRF as an example for how fascism spreads.

Whatever doosh. Try Counterparts if this site don't suitcha.

>Typical level of discussion in TRF

Are you obtuse? Look at your insulting post.

music.gif and in the end/the hate you take/is equal to the hate you make music.gif

tongue.gif

Yeah, Czarcasm, you initiated this particular exchange by throwing out a couple of insults (fascism, circle jerk). Lerxster just responded in kind.

So you can't really blame the TRF fanboi fascist circle-jerkers for this one. confused13.gif

Fair enough. I threw out the word the word fascist to make a point. Just what it seems like when a crowd mentality overrules or puts down differing opinions.

I admit I do get tired of the politics between posters here when I just would like to discuss the actual music and the albums themselves, not waveforms, trolls, and hate posts.

But see, what's funny is that 80% of the CA discussions, and 95% of all other discussions here (outside of SOCN) are very level-headed, and it is easy to avoid the ones that are not. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 27 2012, 12:59 PM)

Is metaldad a troll for hating S&A? no.... it's because he lives under a bridge.

No. It's because i have Good taste wink.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 02:26 PM)

Is metaldad a troll for hating S&A? no.... it's because he lives under a bridge.

According to YOUR own tastes...

QUOTE (Czarcasm @ Jun 27 2012, 12:58 PM)
Why is this place so biased? I see people calling VT one of their faves only to have people respond with "LOL cool10.gif "

I agree that what's his face, terrapin wasn't subtle in his approach and he probably was after a reaction, but it seems like ANY negative comment gets the poster shat on.

"Hey guys, love the album to death, just wish it was produced a little more cleanly like SnA"

(GASP) "You're not an audio engineer! You have no right to complain! Get out of here you troll! TROLTROLLTROLL."

Come on guys, really?

It's not THIS place. It's Rush fans. I got to a few Rush boards. They're not very tolerant of opinions that differ from theirs. Everything they like everyone else has to like, and if you disagree you're just a troll.

Rush fans love the band so much that they would love some pop album if they ever put one out and defend it to the death, talk about how great everything is. Then when someone comes along and disagree they just get attacked and called trolls. It doesnt happen with any other band boards I visit for some reason. It's mostly just Rush fans that act like this for some reason. I think it's just their hardcore dedication to the band makes them nuts when people disagree with them.

QUOTE (Khan @ Jun 27 2012, 01:28 PM)

Because I am the only one that matters.................. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 01:29 PM)

That's it SQUABBLE for my entertainment!

popcorn.gif popcorn.gif popcorn.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 27 2012, 01:31 PM)

moon.gif

Says the guy that drinks Miller Light 062802puke_prv.gif

laugh.gif

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 01:32 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 27 2012, 01:31 PM)

moon.gif

common001.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 27 2012, 01:33 PM)

ays the guy that drinks Miller Light 062802puke_prv.gif

laugh.gif

dazed025.gif Never Ever

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 01:26 PM)

You have good taste and like CA? Ok. See how this works? It's a 2 way street here. People should just be able to say what they like and don't like, as long as they aren't attacking people. Don't like what they have to say? Just move on.

If I don't like S&A that doesn't make me a troll, doesn't mean I have good or bad taste, all it means is I have an opinion on it. Nothing more than that.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 01:33 PM)

laugh.gif

dazed025.gif Never Ever

Phwew!

I heard rumors, but I didn't think it was true. That's why I would only send you the good stuff... like Sprecher Pub Ale or something like that biggrin.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 27 2012, 01:34 PM)

You have good taste and like CA? Ok. See how this works? It's a 2 way street here. People should just be able to say what they like and don't like, as long as they aren't attacking people. Don't like what they have to say? Just move on.

If I don't like S&A that doesn't make me a troll, doesn't mean I have good or bad taste, all it means is I have an opinion on it. Nothing more than that.

Wow - this is a troll post if I ever saw one! laugh.gif

I sometimes think if this forum was here in the 80's when they released HYF, i would be hated .

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 27 2012, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 01:33 PM)

laugh.gif

dazed025.gif Never Ever

Phwew!

I heard rumors, but I didn't think it was true. That's why I would only send you the good stuff... like Sprecher Pub Ale or something like that biggrin.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 27 2012, 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 27 2012, 10:59 AM)
Is goobs a troll for hating VT? no... it's because of the way he looks.

As long as my wife loves me anyway, I'm good. tongue.gif

Dammit - I forgot trolls know how to read z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 11:36 AM)

I sometimes think if this forum was here in the 80's when they released HYF, i would be hated .

I don't know, I just know that I hate you NOW! yes.gif

Ok, not really. no.gif tongue.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 27 2012, 02:36 PM)

Exactly...."taste" is only to the individual's "eye".

I apparently have NO taste because I love S&A.

See how it works?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 27 2012, 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 27 2012, 10:59 AM)
Is goobs a troll for hating VT? no... it's because of the way he looks.

As long as my wife loves me anyway, I'm good. tongue.gif

I heard she loves the pool boy a little bit more...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 27 2012, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 11:36 AM)

I don't know, I just know that I hate you NOW! yes.gif

Ok, not really. no.gif tongue.gif trink39.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Khan @ Jun 27 2012, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 27 2012, 02:36 PM)

Exactly...."taste" is only to the individual's "eye".

I apparently have NO taste because I love S&A.

See how it works?

You can love S&A all day. Noone should be arguing people's taste. Rush fans just being Rush fans. Shit on anyone that has a differing opinion.

If you like S&A you shouldnt be attacked and called a troll for saying that, but I see it here all the time. Ive never attacked anyone for saying they like S&A even though I dont personally like it much myself.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 27 2012, 01:36 PM)

Eh who cares. We're all a bunch of nobodys on the internet. The day I give a shit about who here hates me is when I need to seriously start rethinking how I'm spending my days.

I come here to talk about what I like and dont like. It's just an outlet. Couldnt care less who anyone here is or what they like or dont like. That's the safe way of using the internet. As soon as you start taking this seriously like some people here is when you start following them around and quoting them constantly. I have a few people very obsessed with me. It's hilarious.