redemption

tel

ok,im ready to give my humble opinion on ca, after 3 listens i am pleased to report that it has my approval and will not be consigned to the shitpile that is vapor trails,test for echo and snakes n arrows. bolt.gif

QUOTE (The Vigilante @ Jun 23 2012, 08:45 PM)
Just recently Test for echo made it out of my shitpile lol... It has grown on me over the years.

It remaiins firmly the pinnacle of my shit pile....As a matter of fact some other thread had me listen to Carve Away The Stone and it reinforced my opinion of it being the king of the shit pile heap.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Jun 23 2012, 09:23 PM)
Just recently Test for echo made it out of my shitpile lol... It has grown on me over the years.

It remaiins firmly the pinnacle of my shit pile....As a matter of fact some other thread had me listen to Carve Away The Stone and it reinforced my opinion of it being the king of the shit pile heap.

Well, Carve Away The Stone isn't exactly the best song to get your opinions of TFE from.

I'm a fan of TFE, but Carve along with Colour of Right are my bottom two on that album.

So much better material...clean your ears, and go listen to it again. smile.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 24 2012, 02:39 AM)

Well, Carve Away The Stone isn't exactly the best song to get your opinions of TFE from.

I'm a fan of TFE, but Carve along with Colour of Right are my bottom two on that album.

ohmy.gif I love TCOR! That's the song that got me to really listen to T4E

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 24 2012, 04:20 AM)
I don't get why there's all the hate for Carve Away the Stone...

confused13.gif

OK....maybe I exaggerated a bit but only 'cuz I've been bashing T4E for 15 years and it's so much fun.

Although T4E still wears the heavy weight championship belt for the worst 2.gif record...Perhaps, maybe, possibly, there is a slight, slim, moderately remote chance that CATS wasn't completely, positively, absolutely dreadful....But that's the most kindness you'll get out of me on that subject.

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 24 2012, 03:39 AM)

OMG, the song or the album there's a big difference and your asking for a lot. wink.gif

And that clean your ears crap....NEVER!!!!!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 24 2012, 03:20 AM)
I don't get why there's all the hate for Carve Away the Stone...

confused13.gif

It has a good riff, very good lyrics, and an awesome guitar solo...... but Geddy's "Ooo-ooing" in the background just ruins it for me. It's not the only song in which Geddy's background vocals are just super-lame...... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif