New KISS book costs $3,500

Gene Simmons has lost his already greedy f@cking mind. The new Kiss book is $3,500. Yeah, you read that right. Their last hard cover coffee table book (which I love) was $150. I thought I'd lost my screw buying that. (With inflation that book would be about $230 now).

Talk about losing the plot. Holy shit. I can't stop laughing at this...

What's worse is that some fans will actually buy this.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 19 2012, 03:03 PM)
Gene Simmons has lost his already greedy f@cking mind. The new Kiss book is $3,500. Yeah, you read that right. Their last hard cover coffee table book (which I love) was $150. I thought I'd lost my screw buying that. (With inflation that book would be about $230 now).

You can buy the new Aerosmith album instead...

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jun 19 2012, 03:09 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 19 2012, 03:03 PM)
Gene Simmons has lost his already greedy f@cking mind. The new Kiss book is $3,500. Yeah, you read that right. Their last hard cover coffee table book (which I love) was $150. I thought I'd lost my screw buying that.  (With inflation that book would be about $230 now).

Yeah, the book actually comes with Ace Frehely himself...as Gene owns the rights to both Ace and Peter. laugh.gif

And still not worth it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 19 2012, 03:08 PM)
This?

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/ultimateclassicrock.com/files/2012/06/KISS-Monster-Book.jpg

MURRICA!

huge waste of trees.

hockey.gif

That's the one. I don't care if it doubles as a bridge across the Grand Canyon, it ain't worth a fraction of that.

I buy the albums and official vids and interesting books. They could reveal the secrets of the universe in that thing and I'm not interested. Beyond that, where would you put it? It's not a coffee table book, it's a coffee table itself. (I guess I answered my own question).

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 19 2012, 03:24 PM)
I buy the albums and official vids and interesting books. They could reveal the secrets of the universe in that thing and I'm not interested. Beyond that, where would you put it? It's not a coffee table book, it's a coffee table itself. (I guess I answered my own question).

Actually I forgot videos! Those too!

cool.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 19 2012, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 19 2012, 03:24 PM)
I buy the albums and official vids and interesting books.  They could reveal the secrets of the universe in that thing and I'm not interested.  Beyond that, where would you put it?  It's not a coffee table book, it's a coffee table itself.  (I guess I answered my own question).

Actually I forgot videos! Those too!

cool.gif

I finally picked up Kissology Volume 1...good stuff!

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 19 2012, 02:35 PM)
From the main forum page, it looks like a steal... it says "New KISS book costs $3" laugh.gif

Which is still $2.50 more than I would pay for a KISS book!

And $4.50 more than I'd pay to touch it.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jun 19 2012, 03:51 PM)
The funny things is that people will buy it.

I remember seeing Neil's signed edition of "Far and Away" selling for 5, 6 and $700 on Ebay.

It's all what people are willing to pay.

That's exactly right. I'm willing to call them all nutjobs. Anyone with me? biggrin.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 19 2012, 03:52 PM)

I remember seeing Neil's signed edition of "Far and Away" selling for 5, 6 and $700 on Ebay.

That's exactly right. I'm willing to call them all nutjobs. Anyone with me? biggrin.gif wink.gif

Definitely a distorted sense of priority, unless they happen to be extremely wealthy and a KISS fanatic as well.

That being said, I would never pay that much for a book.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jun 19 2012, 03:55 PM)

Definitely a distorted sense of priority, unless they happen to be extremely wealthy and a KISS fanatic as well.

Nor would I and yet, you're right. And it probably won't just be someone with money to burn...some DUMBASS will max out a credit card or some such thing to buy one. Fact.

I saw photos online last week and i thought to myself , That's gotta be about $1,000 . I guess i was off a tad laugh.gif Gene will sell it as they only printed 1000 and they are numbered and autographed . Gee wiz , it will sell out to the same assholes that went on the Kiss Kruise

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 19 2012, 03:56 PM)
KISS SUCKS

No they don't

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 19 2012, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jun 19 2012, 03:55 PM)

Nor would I and yet, you're right. And it probably won't just be someone with money to burn...some DUMBASS will max out a credit card or some such thing to buy one. Fact.

Sad, but most likely, true...