Short Rolling Stone Review of CA

Slack jaw gaze

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, what a pretentious ass...

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jun 18 2012, 01:19 PM)
ancient masters' gnomic turgidity: Even the seven-minute tripartite title track burns rubber, and Neil Peart's dragon-tailed paradiddles and Alex Lifeson's helix solos make the koanic hokum

rofl3.gif

Why do music critics have to constantly use words like "koanic hokum" and "gnomic turgidity"?

Is it just me, but when I see someone penning shit like that, I think they are a pretentious douche. angry.gif

they will never save face to me, no matter how RS tries to act like they support the band now. its hollow, transparent, and patronizingly insulting

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 18 2012, 01:29 PM)
Why do music critics have to constantly use words like "koanic hokum" and "gnomic turgidity"?

Is it just me, but when I see someone penning shit like that, I think they are a pretentious douche. angry.gif

I though this "review" was pretty funny, exactly what I expected from RS is the brevity dept and also just making wise-cracks about everything...

Between the lines this guy sounds like he really enjoyed it, for Rush anyways, I'm surprised after that he only have it 3.5/5.

I think his excessive use of complicated language was an intentional parody of Neil's wacky-assed lyrics, but I don't know for certain.

Either way as a review, useless much like the magazine.

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 18 2012, 12:36 PM)
I think his excessive use of complicated language was an intentional parody of Neil's wacky-assed lyrics, but I don't know for certain.

oh yeah, and condescending...

3 1/2 stars? I guess that's better than they've fared before. Still, a total piece of shit review written by a moron. The worst writer on TRF could have done a better job, and actually said something of substance as well. Rolling Stone magazine continues to be unfit for kindling.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 12:41 PM)
The worst writer on TRF could have done a better job

Let's not get too crazy... hard to write a really good review with fat crayons.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 18 2012, 01:34 PM)
What's a dragon-tailed paradiddle???

A paradiddle is a drum rudiment. Stick pattern R-L-R-R-L-R-L-L

Don't know about the other crap.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 12:41 PM)
3 1/2 stars? I guess that's better than they've fared before. Still, a total piece of shit review written by a moron. The worst writer on TRF could have done a better job, and actually said something of substance as well. Rolling Stone magazine continues to be unfit for kindling.

Hey Goobs...my review was what they really wanted to say...they didn't mention a single song...much like my faux review...and they included a couple of bitch slaps as well!!! I knew they would!

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 18 2012, 11:29 AM)
QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jun 18 2012, 01:19 PM)
ancient masters' gnomic turgidity: Even the seven-minute tripartite title track burns rubber, and Neil Peart's dragon-tailed paradiddles and Alex Lifeson's helix solos make the koanic hokum

rofl3.gif

Like......who writes like that?

unsure.gif

The fact he even used Nickelback in a RUSH review is as ignorant and stupid as thinking that Olive Garden is considered a Chinese restaurant. I wouldn't be surprised if Alex actually says something about that. I see why Rolling Stones should never do reviews on Rush. They need to sod off.

angry.gif sad.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Rolling Stone has the worst lists, reviews, and whatnot... ever. It's pretty clear that no-one at RS has an open mind, as they pour shit on gold. Need I say more? What the hell do they expect from Rush, anyways?

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 18 2012, 01:50 PM)
The fact he even used Nickelback in a RUSH review is as ignorant and stupid as thinking that Olive Garden is considered a Chinese restaurant. I wouldn't be surprised if Alex actually says something about that. I see why Rolling Stones should never do reviews on Rush. They need to sod off.

angry.gif sad.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

People are pretty defensive. That was clearly regarding the straightforward modern (NB like) production...

"modern-rock production actually adds power to these ancient masters"

Doesn't sound like too much a jab to me.

confused13.gif