Is The Wreckers going to be a single?

Alchemical

It's really a shame rock singles don't mean anything nowdays. I think both Garden and Wreckers would have possible top 10 chart potential. What was Rush's highest chart? I think it was New World Man at #24 if memory serves me right.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 13 2012, 07:11 AM)
i'm not a big fan of the song but i don't think it will make radio.

I think the song will be played a little bit after it's release and then will quickly fade away jut like the singles off the last two albums. The song has everything it needs to become popular but I just don't see it happening.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 13 2012, 12:23 AM)
It's really a shame rock singles don't mean anything nowdays. I think both Garden and Wreckers would have possible top 10 chart potential. What was Rush's highest chart? I think it was New World Man at #24 if memory serves me right.

I'm surprised, Tom Sawyer wasn't like...#1 or 2?

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 13 2012, 07:42 AM)
I suspect it will be, given it's mentioned on the CD packaging after Headlong Flight, the latest single. I'd bet on it.

^THIS

The Wreckers is the most obvious choice for a "single".

There are tons of amazing songs...but as far as a single goes, The Wreckers is really the only option IMO.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 13 2012, 09:10 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 13 2012, 07:42 AM)
I suspect it will be, given it's mentioned on the CD packaging after Headlong Flight, the latest single.  I'd bet on it.

^THIS

The Wreckers is the most obvious choice for a "single".

There are tons of amazing songs...but as far as a single goes, The Wreckers is really the only option IMO.

The Anarchist would be pretty cool choice as well, IMO. The Wreckers, The Garden and The Anarchist are my favorite songs that aren't singles right now.

Well it could get some play. It's probably the most radio friendly song on the album, but it's Rush and it would just never get much play anyway. Singles dont really matter for bands these days unless they are super popular.

Singles serve a strong purpose for bands like Coldplay, but not for Rush. In fact I never even understood why they wasted money making videos back in the 80s and 90s. Noone outside of the relatively small amount of Rush fans in the world care about them, and they never got any airplay anyway.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 13 2012, 10:34 AM)

Well it could get some play. It's probably the most radio friendly song on the album, but it's Rush and it would just never get much play anyway. Singles dont really matter for bands these days unless they are super popular.

Singles serve a strong purpose for bands like Coldplay, but not for Rush. In fact I never even understood why they wasted money making videos back in the 80s and 90s. Noone outside of the relatively small amount of Rush fans in the world care about them, and they never got any airplay anyway.

Yeah, that's why they haven't bothered to actually make videos since their return in 2002.

Geddy stated before (I think during VT) that there is no point in spending a million dollars to make a video that might only get played once or twice.

The boys are more than aware that they are not a band that gets any sort of heavy rotation...and they are cool with it. Saves them money. laugh.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 09:06 AM)

Tom Sawyer is if you're talking about rock charts. Probably a top 10 of all time but as far as the overall pop charts I think Rush has only been as high as #24. I'm pretty sure Big Money cracked the top 40 briefly but I'm not sure if other songs have.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 13 2012, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 13 2012, 09:06 AM)

Tom Sawyer is if you're talking about rock charts. Probably a top 10 of all time but as far as the overall pop charts I think Rush has only been as high as #24. I'm pretty sure Big Money cracked the top 40 briefly but I'm not sure if other songs have.

Goootchya. Thanks for clarifying. yes.gif