Neil and Rush

Tombstone Mountain

This thread reminds me of a Styx song, Too Much Time On My Hands

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/smiley3831.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 5 2012, 01:03 PM)

Just for some clarity...why does something like this cause you to say that? I mean, it's good hearted and fun..aren't those good things?

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 6 2012, 04:20 PM)

Just for some clarity...why does something like this cause you to say that? I mean, it's good hearted and fun..aren't those good things?

it's weird and disturbing not good-hearted and fun. Stop.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 6 2012, 04:37 PM)

laugh.gif

True, stuff like this really needs to be moved to Grand Designs, where it can die a peaceful death.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 6 2012, 06:37 PM)

we are so fortunate to have a person instruct us on what is or is not funny, or what is good-hearted.

Sounds like you went to the Temple of Syrinx School for Higher Learning, graduated aned became a priest

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Jun 6 2012, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 6 2012, 04:37 PM)

laugh.gif

True, stuff like this really needs to be moved to Grand Designs, where it can die a peaceful death.

I disagree. Good satire should never be stifled, hidden, or censored in any way.

It can stay right here. smile.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jun 7 2012, 08:25 AM)
it's weird and disturbing not good-hearted and fun. Stop. [/quote]
laugh.gif

True, stuff like this really needs to be moved to Grand Designs, where it can die a peaceful death. [/quote]
I disagree. Good satire should never be stifled, hidden, or censored in any way.

It can stay right here. smile.gif

Thanks for the kind reply...I do this because I know some love it. If the badn read it they would laugh, because they laugh at themselves and are self-depracating. People need to lighten up

trink39.gif

Some of the other "faux news" I've seen here lately has been really lame, but this I found actually quite funny. Took me a couple sentences to realize this is fiction, had me for a moment thinking OH GOD! Limbaugh is really going to play their entire album!

Some of the lyrical one-liners Neil dropped on the green were very funny.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 7 2012, 10:00 AM)
Some of the other "faux news" I've seen here lately has been really lame, but this I found actually quite funny. Took me a couple sentences to realize this is fiction, had me for a moment thinking OH GOD! Limbaugh is really going to play their entire album!

Some of the lyrical one-liners Neil dropped on the green were very funny.

tongue.gif

Thanks...sometimes you swing and miss, but what would life be if you didn't try? With all the mania surrounding the release, and all the hater crap I've seen on the forums...I figure that this isn't any worse!

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 7 2012, 08:49 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 6 2012, 06:37 PM)
it's weird and disturbing not good-hearted and fun.  Stop.

we are so fortunate to have a person instruct us on what is or is not funny, or what is good-hearted.

Sounds like you went to the Temple of Syrinx School for Higher Learning, graduated aned became a priest

I think you are trying to hard to be clever including this reply to my comment. Note how I respond directly to the subject at hand and don't force attempts to seem cute. Realize that I did not attack you but just posted my opinion. That's what happens here.

Could you at least put '(Satire)' in the subject line? I don't care if people post what they want, but the way these posts are set up now they are intentionally misleading. If I see a thread with a subject line leading me to believe it's a review, and then I have to wade through someone's satire piece, it's a bit annoying. Really, if satire is any good it doesn't need the bait and switch.

-Jane

2.gif

QUOTE (gudbuytjane @ Jun 7 2012, 06:26 PM)
Could you at least put '(Satire)' in the subject line? I don't care if people post what they want, but the way these posts are set up now they are intentionally misleading. If I see a thread with a subject line leading me to believe it's a review, and then I have to wade through someone's satire piece, it's a bit annoying. Really, if satire is any good it doesn't need the bait and switch.

-Jane
2.gif

this is the rush forum...it's like a box of chocolates Jane

trink39.gif