WHICH album do you hear most of all in CA?

Presto-digitation

Personally, I think Clockwork Angels is a representation of the entire catalog before it. It has textures, riffs, nuances, etc. from each album, even if in the smallest form. But if I had to go with only one album, I'd say Vapor Trails, but this time done right. I agree with Trenken's post completely.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jun 5 2012, 05:34 AM)
Cannot believe I am saying this, because it is one of my least favorite albums of theirs, but I think I am going to have to go with Vapor Trails.

It is similar with power and feel and sonic texture...

Kind of like maybe what they were trying to do with Vapor Trails, but they got it right this time. I absolutely love Clockwork Angels. Definitely in my top 10 of Rush's catalog.....

I agree, but I think Vapor Trails is totally right in its own way. I can't determine yet where Clockwork Angels falls on my favorites, but VT is my current favorite, so it definitely bodes well for CA.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 5 2012, 08:42 AM)
If this is an option, I'm going with My Favourite Headache!

Actually, the bass production very much sounds like it could be off MFH.

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jun 6 2012, 12:48 AM)
Personally, I think Clockwork Angels is a representation of the entire catalog before it. It has textures, riffs, nuances, etc. from each album, even if in the smallest form. But if I had to go with only one album, I'd say Vapor Trails, but this time done right. I agree with Trenken's post completely.

+1 exactly right.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Jun 5 2012, 11:01 PM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 5 2012, 06:42 AM)

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Glad you agree! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 6 2012, 05:50 AM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 5 2012, 08:42 AM)

Actually, the bass production very much sounds like it could be off MFH.

Good to know I'm not the only one who made that connection.

There's very little I know about the technical aspect of making music ("the science business OF the music business") but sometimes my brain jumps to conclusions and I have to figure out why wink.gif

said before in another post My Favourite Headache and Vapour Trails done right or how it was suppose to sound. in particular the last song the opening vocal melody line is directly taken from MFH. smile.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 6 2012, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 5 2012, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 5 2012, 07:13 AM)
I think its like a better version of Vapor Trails with more variety than that album.

^ This

Yup.

Well I think Vapor Trails is a good album, it just took me a few listens to get into, probably because of the mixing job...

The section in the Anarchist from 0:56-1:10 (and repeated elsewhere throughout the song) sounds straight out of the PeW/MP/Signals era (the chorusy/flangey guitar, and droning high stringy-synth that would have been a Taurus-triggered Oberheim back then.) Edited by Bangster of Goats