Tom Sawyer

Has Rush Jumped the Shark?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Has Rush Jumped the Shark?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

no.gif

I'd say Hold Your Fire is when they began a noticeable decline in quality, but IMO it was hardly unrecoverable.... they still put out Counterparts and Vapor Trails, both of which are in my top 10.

QUOTE (rocketom @ Jun 4 2012, 12:21 PM)
This may actually be the Dumbest poll.

Look around my friend, look around

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 4 2012, 12:23 PM)

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 4 2012, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 4 2012, 12:23 PM)

rofl3.gif

*snicker*

RUSH is a cult hard rock / prog rock music act not a popular TV show with an ensemble of characters.

Do people not understand the term 'jump the shark'?

That's like asking, has RUSH ruined their knees?

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Jun 4 2012, 08:19 PM)
What does that even mean? unsure.gif

Tbh, I have no real clue. Like 'thinking outside the box'. I don't get that either...

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jun 4 2012, 08:21 PM)

Tbh, I have no real clue. Like 'thinking outside the box'. I don't get that either...

It's a reference to the episode of Happy Days where the Fonze jumped over a shark while water skiing.

The term is generally used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality that is beyond recovery.

There are also a couple of variations on the theme, for instance in comic book movies it can be known as "Throwing the S" (a reference to the WTF moment in Superman II when he ripped off his S and threw it at the bad guy)

Edited by Your_Lion

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 4 2012, 10:05 PM)

It's a reference to the episode of Happy Days where the Fonze jumped over a shark while water skiing.

The term is generally used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality that is beyond recovery.

There are also a couple of variations on the theme, for instance in comic book movies it can be known as "Throwing the S" (a reference to the WTF moment in Superman II when he ripped off his S and threw it at the bad guy)

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Content/100830/News/Todays_News_Our_Take/5_fri/100903HappyDays1.jpg

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Jun 4 2012, 10:26 PM)

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Content/100830/News/Todays_News_Our_Take/5_fri/100903HappyDays1.jpg

That's the one biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 4 2012, 11:00 PM)

Oh, gawd, I never saw that episode - guess I'm gonna have to youtube it...

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jun 4 2012, 05:28 PM)

This is the part where I mumble something to myself about how I can remember watching that episode on TV when it was first broadcast. smile.gif

-Jane

2.gif

QUOTE (gudbuytjane @ Jun 4 2012, 05:43 PM)

This is the part where I mumble something to myself about how I can remember watching that episode on TV when it was first broadcast. smile.gif

-Jane

2.gif

That was TV history, I was there.

Brings back memories or the the Bionic man, camera zooming in on his eye to show us he was looking at something really far away...

Every time the Hulk lifted something way to heavy, but you knew it was a prop.

And every time the General Lee made a getaway by jumping a small stream or creek.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Jun 4 2012, 06:56 PM)
QUOTE (gudbuytjane @ Jun 4 2012, 05:43 PM)

-Jane

2.gif

That was TV history, I was there.

Brings back memories or the the Bionic man, camera zooming in on his eye to show us he was looking at something really far away...

Every time the Hulk lifted something way to heavy, but you knew it was a prop.

And every time the General Lee made a getaway by jumping a small stream or creek.

Realize that this is a picture of a guy (fonzi) water skiing in a leather jacket.