new clips rule out going to see this tour

lonelymoon

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW lonelymoon, not to change the subject too much, but you should see these guys live. Nice crowd and very energetic. So much fun. The band is nuts, and the fact they can pull off very complex music with energy is unusual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p854caYY75g#t=02m20s

They also do a lot of great improv live.

Edited by trenken

Everybody thought Alex had become totally wussy and were desperate for the kind of stuff he's been doing the last 20 years. As usual, no matter the era many fans just want more of what they were already used to.

This is OFTEN the case, yes.

Well, rush writes standard verse,chorus,verse songs, so with these clips you have heard half of the basic structure of the song, most of either the verse or the chorus. There may be a middle section with a solo like in HF and Caravan, but I would not hold my breath for any pleasant surprises. Listen to the Italian clip for seven cities; listen to the "melody" of the guitar and vocals and ask yourself where they could possibly go from there to salvage that song. Quite a stretch if you ask me.

unsure.gif

Edited by lonelymoon

QUOTE (lonelymoon @ Jun 3 2012, 08:56 PM)
Well, rush writes standard verse,chorus,verse songs, so with these clips you have heard half of the basic structure of the song, most of either the verse or the chorus. There may be a middle section with a solo like in HF and Caravan, but I would not hold my breath for any pleasant surprises. Listen to the Italian clip for seven cities; listen to the "melody" of the guitar and vocals and ask yourself where they could possibly go from there to salvage the song. Quite a stretch if you ask me.

unsure.gif

cancel your pre-order and drop your tickets off at the door.

nobody cares.

First off, the tour is NOT just Clockwork Angels songs. Secondly, are you really judging the entire album based off the 30 second samples. REALLY?

lol

I understand people being let down (to a degree) if they expected a totally different sound. I even understand people lowering their expectations a smidge. But damn.

I see what you guys are doing here. Have everyone get really upset and say they think the album is going to be garbage based off the samples. That way someone leaks the album or the label streams it to restore confidence in the consumer.

Genius.

trink39.gif

Edited by Mr. Henry Gale

QUOTE (lonelymoon @ Jun 3 2012, 07:56 PM)
Well, rush writes standard verse,chorus,verse songs, so with these clips you have heard half of the basic structure of the song, most of either the verse or the chorus. There may be a middle section with a solo like in HF and Caravan, but I would not hold my breath for any pleasant surprises. Listen to the Italian clip for seven cities; listen to the "melody" of the guitar and vocals and ask yourself where they could possibly go from there to salvage the song. Quite a stretch if you ask me.

unsure.gif

Salvage what song? There isn't even a song to be heard yet.

Cripes, man.

QUOTE (Mr. Henry Gale @ Jun 3 2012, 08:58 PM)
First off, the tour is NOT just Clockwork Angels songs. Secondly, are you really judging the entire album based off the 30 second samples. REALLY?

lol

I understand people being let down (to a degree) if they expected a totally different sound. I even understand people lowering their expectations a smidge. But damn.

oh, havent you heard?

they all know exactly what the album is going to be like based upon 2 random 30 second clips of each song. there is no doubt they have it nailed.

no reason to even buy the thing... they already know it sucks.

I'm about to cancel my own Amazon pre-order... why bother, eh?

QUOTE (lonelymoon @ Jun 3 2012, 06:56 PM)
Listen to the Italian clip for seven cities; listen to the "melody" of the guitar and vocals and ask yourself where they could possibly go from there to salvage that song. Quite a stretch if you ask me.

unsure.gif

Please. You could pull any random 30 seconds out of Natural Science and come up with that same silly statement. Give the new stuff a proper shot.

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Jun 3 2012, 08:58 PM)
Well, rush writes standard verse,chorus,verse songs, so with these clips you have heard half of the basic structure of the song, most of either the verse or the chorus.  There may be a middle section with a solo like in HF and Caravan, but I would not hold my breath for any pleasant surprises.  Listen to the Italian clip for seven cities; listen to the "melody" of the guitar and vocals and ask yourself where they could possibly go from there to salvage the song.  Quite a stretch if you ask me.

unsure.gif

Salvage what song? There isn't even a song to be heard yet.

Cripes, man.

c'mon.. it's just a standard verse chorus verse.. .like every other RUSH song ever written.

Well, rush writes standard verse,chorus,verse songs, so with these clips you have heard half of the basic structure of the song, most of either the verse or the chorus. There may be a middle section with a solo like in HF and Caravan, but I would not hold my breath for any pleasant surprises. Listen to the Italian clip for seven cities; listen to the "melody" of the guitar and vocals and ask yourself where they could possibly go from there to salvage that song. Quite a stretch if you ask me.

unsure.gif

Oohhh, someone who knows something about good song writing. Nice to see around here.

unsure.gif

the Walmart clip of Seven Cities had me a little excited.....then unfortunately I heard the Italian clip.....reminds me very much of a middle of the road S&A song (based on the Italian clip)... doh.gif

Well, rush writes standard verse,chorus,verse songs, so with these clips you have heard half of the basic structure of the song, most of either the verse or the chorus.  There may be a middle section with a solo like in HF and Caravan, but I would not hold my breath for any pleasant surprises.  Listen to the Italian clip for seven cities; listen to the "melody" of the guitar and vocals and ask yourself where they could possibly go from there to salvage that song.  Quite a stretch if you ask me.

unsure.gif

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/jrNinja2/magicFAILball.jpg

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 3 2012, 09:01 PM)
Well, rush writes standard verse,chorus,verse songs, so with these clips you have heard half of the basic structure of the song, most of either the verse or the chorus.  There may be a middle section with a solo like in HF and Caravan, but I would not hold my breath for any pleasant surprises.  Listen to the Italian clip for seven cities; listen to the "melody" of the guitar and vocals and ask yourself where they could possibly go from there to salvage that song.  Quite a stretch if you ask me.

unsure.gif

the Walmart clip of Seven Cities had me a little excited.....then unfortunately I heard the Italian clip.....reminds me very much of a middle of the road S&A song (based on the Italian clip)... doh.gif

right.. the remaining 5 1/2 minutes couldnt POSSIBLY hold anything interesting, right?