New Rush Album!

Godeater2112

Seriously the interwebz have diminished what little journalistic accuracy, even spelling and grammar that we had before. I see more and more errors even in printed media now that would have had editors fired back in the days.

Anyways, great research Bethany.. *claps*

Although it would be funny to see the guys dressed up as "droogs". Canes, fancy hats and white jump suits. tongue.gif

http://www.the59thsound.com/rush---headlon...--28052012.html

I never saw that movie, but is it the same as steampunk style? I said yesterday I thought it would be funny (but still very corny), if they dressed up steam punk style, at least for a song or 2 then go backstage and change back into their normal street clothes.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 30 2012, 08:24 AM)
I never saw that movie, but is it the same as steampunk style? I said yesterday I thought it would be funny (but still very corny), if they dressed up steam punk style, at least for a song or 2 then go backstage and change back into their normal street clothes.

No it is not steampunk style. Tremendous movie though based off the equally notorious novel by Aldous Huxley.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 30 2012, 02:19 PM)
No it is not steampunk style. Tremendous movie though based off the equally notorious novel by Aldous Huxley.

Hmmm.

That will be news to Anthony Burgess..... wink.gif

Edited by Smegger68

Huxley wrote Brave New World, which is another dystopian classic.

A Clockwork Orange is one of my favorite books and one of my favorite movies, so yeah, seeing the boys dressed up in droog gear would be sweet.

QUOTE (beherit @ May 30 2012, 06:13 PM)

A Clockwork Orange is one of my favorite books and one of my favorite movies, so yeah, seeing the boys dressed up in droog gear would be sweet.

Aldous Huxley is one of my favorite writers. Brave New World is a fantastic book.

I like the film A Clockwork Orange, but haven't read the book by Burgess.

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ May 30 2012, 01:10 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ May 30 2012, 06:13 PM)

Aldous Huxley is one of my favorite writers. Brave New World is a fantastic book.

I like the film A Clockwork Orange, but haven't read the book by Burgess.

If you don't understand the droogy language, you probably won't enjoy the book. I've read it. It is a great read.

Come along skorry, little droogies! Let us munchy-wunch on eggiwegs and lomticks of toast and slooshy the horrorshow zvooks of Rush's newest warbles, Clockwork Orange!

QUOTE (beherit @ May 30 2012, 01:24 PM)
imo it's better, as all books are better than the film

I never get this kind of sentiment as books and film are completely different mediums and can't be accurately compared. Both the book and movie work on their own terms and Kubrick did do some very interesting things with the movie version as he did with The Shining (I think he made some terrific changes from King's book and made the movie work along with his own unique vision - as any artist SHOULD do...but that's a completely different discussion....)

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ May 30 2012, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ May 30 2012, 01:24 PM)
imo it's better, as all books are better than the film

I never get this kind of sentiment as books and film are completely different mediums and can't be accurately compared. Both the book and movie work on their own terms and Kubrick did do some very interesting things with the movie version as he did with The Shining (I think he made some terrific changes from King's book and made the movie work along with his own unique vision - as any artist SHOULD do...but that's a completely different discussion....)

Books have almost unlimited potential for detail while film is constrained by budget, time length, and actor/director interpretation. I see no problem comparing the two and pointing out the superiority of a book versus movie.