Excellent Headlong Flight drum cover

Snaked

We've not even got the album yet and the music video boys are already putting up their shit on youtube. Can they do the whole album? What do we need RUSH for when we have the youtube superstars??

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 27 2012, 11:20 PM)
We've not even got the album yet and the music video boys are already putting up their shit on youtube. Can they do the whole album? What do we need RUSH for when we have the youtube superstars??

eyesre4.gif

laugh.gif

I remember seeing basscovers from the 30sec HF commercial just hours after it was released......

Very few are good. This one was good though!

Neil must be in a very good shape if he is going to play that and 2,5 hours of other Rush song, every second night....

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ May 28 2012, 05:34 AM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 28 2012, 11:11 AM)
4:34-4:51 is awesome, I can't wait to see Neil play it biggrin.gif

I love that part!

Seriously! I thought "wow, this guy is flying here" Hey, no hating' on the fanboy covers, they are fun!

One thing I love about Neil and his playing (especially since his studies with Gruber), is that he doesn't look like a completely stereotypical drummer when he's playing. I just can't take any of these covers seriously when they look like they're playing for Blink 182 lol. (Nothing wrong with Blink 182, its just not Rush).

QUOTE (Flying Finn @ May 28 2012, 06:53 AM)
Very good. It's crazy how Neil can play stuff like that almost 3 hours in a row night after night.

No...Neil sucks! He's not a good drummer, and his skills have diminished.

All of the other threads here have told us so! sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 28 2012, 09:03 AM)
Very good. It's crazy how Neil can play stuff like that almost 3 hours in a row night after night.

Dont know if it's actual skills that have diminished, but his creativity has. Since they came back with VT, he really just isn't as creative and complex as he used to be.

I think he can still play all the old stuff, it's like riding a bike you just learn the parts again and eventually you can play them, but he just doesn't write like he used to anymore. He plays a lot more simpler stuff now and there's really nothing in HF any decent drummer cant play.

Now stuff like Red Lenses is very different, takes a highly skilled drummer to get this one down, and even this guy who is a very experienced drummer messes some of it up. Lenses is significantly more difficult to play on drums than HF. Some of the fills are just bezerk and Neil doesn't really do any of this stuff on any recent albums. He does more standard issue style rock and jazz fills now, nothing really too out there.

Edited by trenken

Neil playing is less complex now, true, but honestly nailing the feel and the really unique clock Neil has going on in his modern playing is absolutely ridiculous to accomplish. And honestly it's something that almost no one notices. You absolutely have to be a drummer to even realize that something is just a little bit different when you listen to it. And that is what makes Neil so much better than he ever was.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 28 2012, 09:25 AM)

Dont know if it's actual skills that have diminished, but his creativity has. Since they came back with VT, he really just isn't as creative and complex as he used to be.

I think he can still play all the old stuff, it's like riding a bike you just learn the parts again and eventually you can play them, but he just doesn't write like he used to anymore. He plays a lot more simpler stuff now and there's really nothing in HF any decent drummer cant play.

Now stuff like Red Lenses is very different, takes a highly skilled drummer to get this one down, and even this guy who is a very experienced drummer messes some of it up. Lenses is significantly more difficult to play on drums than HF. Some of the fills are just bezerk and Neil doesn't really do any of this stuff on any recent albums. He does more standard issue style rock and jazz fills now, nothing really too out there.

moon.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ May 28 2012, 10:04 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ May 28 2012, 09:25 AM)

moon.gif

With CA, Neil has gone more improv in his approach....more loose and spontaneous, less structured and calculated. It's a conscious decision.

People crack me up.

A Youtube COVER is posted and people cannot resist bashing Neil?

C'mon people.. enjoy the damn ride, will ya?

Oh.. as far as the 'his creativity has diminished' arguement goes... maybe he feels like there is nothing left to prove to the rest of the world so he's just going to play what HE enjoys now?

think about it.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 28 2012, 11:29 AM)
People crack me up.
A Youtube COVER is posted and people cannot resist bashing Neil?

C'mon people.. enjoy the damn ride, will ya?

Oh.. as far as the 'his creativity has diminished' arguement goes... maybe he feels like there is nothing left to prove to the rest of the world so he's just going to play what HE enjoys now?

think about it.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 28 2012, 04:29 PM)

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ May 28 2012, 10:25 AM)

C'mon everyone! What happened to the man just before VT? The loss of his entire family. You think THAT might have changed him? Of course it did and it would you too! sheesh