Great new Alex interview!

Joesaracer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed hearing Alex talking about Halo Effect and moving on from relationships you thought were great and were really not. I think for me, this song will have a similar vibe to parts of Emotion Detector and Prime Mover that talk about having to make a break in order to get to a better place. Overall, this album is going to be great for the stage of life many of us are at where we're taking stock of where we've been and figuring out how to get where we may want to go in an ever-decreasing amount of time.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 27 2012, 09:41 PM)
Enjoyed hearing Alex talking about Halo Effect and moving on from relationships you thought were great and were really not. I think for me, this song will have a similar vibe to parts of Emotion Detector and Prime Mover that talk about having to make a break in order to get to a better place. Overall, this album is going to be great for the stage of life many of us are at where we're taking stock of where we've been and figuring out how to get where we may want to go in an ever-decreasing amount of time.

That is a great analysis. I am excited, but almost afraid to hear the whole album. As you said, it does seem like it will evoke a lot of introspection along the lines of "where am I? , what have I done?, where am I going?". This can be very uncomfortable. Guess if it gets to be overwhelming, though, there is always 2112 to re-visit!