I don't know what to expect on tour

losingit2k

With every other tour, you could pretty much figure out what they might play on tour. However with CA, you just don't know! They recorded with a string section so they might bring one on tour with might change all the songs selections. They might or might not play all of the CA which would limit the amount of other songs on Tour. They just played all of MP so you don't know how prominent that album will be. The rumor conserning Signals is also at play! All these factors really have me bewilderedd about the set list on this upcoming tour!

unsure.gif confused13.gif wtf.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Who cares what they play its 2.gif ! I have never walked away from a Rush show thinking that the set sucked. And I've never had a bad time at a Rush show 1022.gif Edited by jesse2112

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 13 2012, 10:59 PM)
Who cares what they play its 2.gif ! I have never walked away from a Rush show thinking that the set sucked. And I've never had a bad time at a Rush show 1022.gif

Well that's a given! But that's not the point! The point is that we are going to be really surprised when this tour begins, I think!

yes.gif

The only real question mark for me is if they'll play Signals in its entirety. While the leaked tour book cover strongly suggests it, I think they would have announced it by now. If they DON'T play all of Signals then it will be business as usual: play most of CA, the handful of standards and a few deeper cuts. For a long time I've been hoping that they would really mix it up. I'd love them to play less from the latest album, and drop a few of the standards. I feel like the only hits that the MUST play are Tom Sawyer and SOR. All the other standards should take a break. I'd like then to play more secondary "hits" and more hardcore fan favorites and deeper cuts.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 14 2012, 08:58 AM)
Who cares what they play its  2.gif !  I have never walked away from a Rush show thinking that the set sucked.  And I've never had a bad time at a Rush show 1022.gif

Well that's a given! But that's not the point! The point is that we are going to be really surprised when this tour begins, I think!

yes.gif

Yeah, surprised by Tom Sawyer, Limelight, and Spirit of the Radio!

Who cares what they play its 2.gif ! I have never walked away from a Rush show thinking that the set sucked. And I've never had a bad time at a Rush show 1022.gif

Yeah, what he said...

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 14 2012, 01:58 PM)
Who cares what they play its  2.gif !  I have never walked away from a Rush show thinking that the set sucked.  And I've never had a bad time at a Rush show 1022.gif

Yeah, what he said...

Agreed, but as always, the anticipation is killing me! fists crying.gif

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 13 2012, 11:59 PM)

Apparently you weren't at the one where they played Tai Shan 30 times in a row.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 14 2012, 08:57 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 13 2012, 11:59 PM)

Apparently you weren't at the one where they played Tai Shan 30 times in a row.

With an encore of Spindrift played 3 times

Expect Neil to stroll out in a speedo (a show for the ladies), then sit down on a wooden stool and eat an entire sandwich. Alex will then enter the stage and perform a rendition of Beethoven's 5th using only a harmonica and his farts. Once finished, Geddy will appear, toting a wagon filled with bottles of his own special malk, squeezed fresh by his linguistically-impaired assistant, geddyfan13.

Intermission. The crowd has a few moments to use the can, get a beer, or buy some geddy malk for $23.95 per bottle.

The lights will dim and the low roar of a motorcycle will be heard through the dark venue. Spotlight then on Neil. He races across the stage and attempts to jump not 14, but 15 garbage cans! Henry Winkler and Sherman Hemsley will be there in person with special guest Yanni! The three of them alongside Geddy will then perform a lovely rendition of Come Sail Away in a barbershop quartet fashion.

The show will end with the crowd being rained on by Cadbury Creme Eggs that the band had left in the sun on the tour bus that morning.

It'll prove to be an amazing show, I guarantee it! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 15 2012, 12:16 AM)
Expect Neil to stroll out in a speedo (a show for the ladies), then sit down on a wooden stool and eat an entire sandwich. Alex will then enter the stage and perform a rendition of Beethoven's 5th using only a harmonica and his farts. Once finished, Geddy will appear, toting a wagon filled with bottles of his own special malk, squeezed fresh by his linguistically-impaired assistant, geddyfan13.

Intermission. The crowd has a few moments to use the can, get a beer, or buy some geddy malk for $23.95 per bottle.

The lights will dim and the low roar of a motorcycle will be heard through the dark venue. Spotlight then on Neil. He races across the stage and attempts to jump not 14, but 15 garbage cans! Henry Winkler and Sherman Hemsley will be there in person with special guest Yanni! The three of them alongside Geddy will then perform a lovely rendition of Come Sail Away in a barbershop quartet fashion.

The show will end with the crowd being rained on by Cadbury Creme Eggs that the band had left in the sun on the tour bus that morning.

It'll prove to be an amazing show, I guarantee it! 1022.gif

rofl3.gif

Ladies and gentleman, Rush: The Musical!