911?

friendlyfloridian

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 14 2012, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 11 2012, 12:32 PM)
This thread now has no value at all.

bumper.gif

Yeah, you called it. It's so hard to keep people focused on the faith.

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 14 2012, 04:59 PM)
QUOTE (Zanadoo @ May 14 2012, 10:52 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ May 14 2012, 04:10 PM)
QUOTE (Zanadoo @ May 14 2012, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ May 12 2012, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ May 11 2012, 03:25 PM)
Still to me it looks like 9:11. It is only 1 minute away from that. I am kinda surprised the guys didn't consider that. I had a friend that died on the flight that hit tower 2.

Oh well...

I think your friend had a lucky escape from an attention whore like you!

Why don't you get a T-Shirt proclaiming "I'm entitled because I had a friend killed on 9/11" ?

What a shit friend you turned out to be. It is the likes of you that dishonours the victims of that atrocity.

Shame on you!!!

Over the top, that was f*cked up dude. Can't believe no one called you on it. Shame on you.

Is it?

I disagree. I have explained why above.

I agree with you, and your linked post, I just don't see any place for the comment I replied to. Of course this has gone on too far and the OP is clearly overreaching, but god damn, imagine if that comment was directed at you.

I'm 50, you're 19. I guess we have different world views.

Yes, my post was harsh but I felt that it was warranted. You would obviously have approached it differently and that's OK - as long as you approach it, but you didn't. Instead you attacked my response as if the harshness of my reply somehow negated the initial transgression of the OP.

And yes I appreciate I am not the arbiter of "right" and "wrong" but I can only call it as I see it if I feel it is worth responding. I did.

My only comments on the OP were that he was overreaching and that this has gone too far. Whether I directly reacted to his post or not is irrelevant. Your overreaction certainly doesn't condone what he claimed, but it made me sick to my stomach. I don't think there's any place to say that the friend is better off dead than knowing the OP.

"A lucky escape"

I'm not one to take over a thread with an argument, but that's a human on the other side of the computer. I don't care how many years have jaded you, I don't think there's a place for that kind of personal attack here.

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ May 14 2012, 11:56 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ May 14 2012, 04:59 PM)
QUOTE (Zanadoo @ May 14 2012, 10:52 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ May 14 2012, 04:10 PM)
QUOTE (Zanadoo @ May 14 2012, 09:47 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ May 12 2012, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ May 11 2012, 03:25 PM)
Still to me it looks like 9:11. It is only 1 minute away from that. I am kinda surprised the guys didn't consider that. I had a friend that died on the flight that hit tower 2.

Oh well...

I think your friend had a lucky escape from an attention whore like you!

Why don't you get a T-Shirt proclaiming "I'm entitled because I had a friend killed on 9/11" ?

What a shit friend you turned out to be. It is the likes of you that dishonours the victims of that atrocity.

Shame on you!!!

Over the top, that was f*cked up dude. Can't believe no one called you on it. Shame on you.

Is it?

I disagree. I have explained why above.

I agree with you, and your linked post, I just don't see any place for the comment I replied to. Of course this has gone on too far and the OP is clearly overreaching, but god damn, imagine if that comment was directed at you.

I'm 50, you're 19. I guess we have different world views.

Yes, my post was harsh but I felt that it was warranted. You would obviously have approached it differently and that's OK - as long as you approach it, but you didn't. Instead you attacked my response as if the harshness of my reply somehow negated the initial transgression of the OP.

And yes I appreciate I am not the arbiter of "right" and "wrong" but I can only call it as I see it if I feel it is worth responding. I did.

My only comments on the OP were that he was overreaching and that this has gone too far. Whether I directly reacted to his post or not is irrelevant. Your overreaction certainly doesn't condone what he claimed, but it made me sick to my stomach. I don't think there's any place to say that the friend is better off dead than knowing the OP.

"A lucky escape"

I'm not one to take over a thread with an argument, but that's a human on the other side of the computer. I don't care how many years have jaded you, I don't think there's a place for that kind of personal attack here.

Ok, you are completely missing the point.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 14 2012, 04:39 PM)
Anyone who would think this, coming from RUSH, that this is a 911 reference and not a 21:12 reference has been smoking too many cocoa puffs!

M-m-m-m-m, Cocoa Puffs!!!

http://goodandbaked.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs.jpg

I guess I should have my say on this...

Ok so, I still don't understand this name calling of FF. He was just pointing out that HE thought that the clock on the album was at the time of 9:11 and so, by general vote, it isn't...It's pointing at 9:12...

We all know that Rush would never actually poke fun at the terror of 9/11. So that said...Tony, how is FF an attention wh*re? I would've said the same thing.

People just jump to conclusions, no point getting all pissy and angry over mistakes...

The point is that people shouldn't automatically go and laugh at people like FF, he just stated that the clock was pointing at 9:11...Is that a bad thing? No, because all clocks will eventually reach 9:11. Was 9/11 a bad thing...VERY MUCH SO...but we just can't go around all nilly-willy and call people attention wh*res.

I don't know, I just REALLY hate the word wh*re because some smart ass went up today and called my mother that.

Anyways, this thread is pointless with all this arguing. This forum, which is my favorite place on the Web, will fall apart with all this animosity towards oneanother.

And I'm not always right about everything, I'm just stating my humble opinion. And if that makes people pissy and angry, I can't stop that.

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ May 14 2012, 08:15 PM)
Ok so, I still don't understand this name calling of FF. He was just pointing out that HE thought that the clock on the album was at the time of 9:11 and so, by general vote, it isn't...It's pointing at 9:12...

The problem wasn't FF's initial posting.... it was his reaction when people corrected his mistake. He acted indignant and entitled. It was embarrassing.

And his reaction to Queen of Megadon's posting.... Jesus Christ on a cracker. The guy is clearly self-inflated to a ridiculous degree.

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ May 14 2012, 08:15 PM)

We all know that Rush would never actually poke fun at the terror of 9/11. So that said...Tony, how is FF an attention wh*re? I would've said the same thing.

People just jump to conclusions, no point getting all pissy and angry over mistakes...

The point is that people shouldn't automatically go and laugh at people like FF, he just stated that the clock was pointing at 9:11...Is that a bad thing? No, because all clocks will eventually reach 9:11. Was 9/11 a bad thing...VERY MUCH SO...but we just can't go around all nilly-willy and call people attention wh*res.

I don't know, I just REALLY hate the word wh*re because some smart ass went up today and called my mother that.

Anyways, this thread is pointless with all this arguing. This forum, which is my favorite place on the Web, will fall apart with all this animosity towards oneanother.

And I'm not always right about everything, I'm just stating my humble opinion. And if that makes people pissy and angry, I can't stop that.

If you think someone is calling FF names call them out on it directly. If you have a problem with someone calling your mom a name what does it have to do with this thread. I'm not sure you have read the entire thread based on your post.

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ May 14 2012, 06:15 PM)

Ok so, I still don't understand this name calling of FF.

Then you haven't read the whole thread. It should be pretty clear why people got up in his face after the initial question & answer.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 14 2012, 04:40 PM)
Someone once said you aren't truly a religion until your leaders are wearing silly hats. Any suggestions?

http://www.bat-mania.co.uk/main/villains/images/mad_hatter1.jpg

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 14 2012, 07:25 PM)
I can see this shindig getting closed fairly soon. It's just ridiculous at this point.

I hope you're right. I've been waiting for days. I just know the day I see this thread closed, I will be glad. But open it stays. Perhaps good Sir 73 would like to give us the Admin position on why it remains open.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 14 2012, 08:59 PM)
I can see this shindig getting closed fairly soon. It's just ridiculous at this point.

I hope you're right. I've been waiting for days. I just know the day I see this thread closed, I will be glad. But open it stays. Perhaps good Sir 73 would like to give us the Admin position on why it remains open.

If this thread gets closed, a new thread must be opened for followers of the Church of Wings.

We will not be silencedddd!

Yes, the Church of Wings will not be silenced...except during services when our mouths are stuffed with hot wings, and when the end of days arrives at - you guessed it - December 21, 2112.

(frankly I'm surprised that "other" conversation can even be sustained. At this juncture any combination of words that can be used, have been used. It's gotten to the point where they are arguing using hyperlinks. That's just sad. Unbecoming of anyone in the Order of the Church of the 911 Wings.)

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 14 2012, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 14 2012, 04:40 PM)
Someone once said you aren't truly a religion until your leaders are wearing silly hats. Any suggestions?

http://www.bat-mania.co.uk/main/villains/images/mad_hatter1.jpg

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Now THAT is classy! I think we have a winner. laugh.gif Top-hat...with eyes! Handlebar mustache!

If only the hat were red, it'd be perfect.

"He is the priest...of the temple...of hot wings!"

(try getting that out of your head)

Edited by ioc

QUOTE (ioc @ May 14 2012, 09:31 PM)
Yes, the Church of Wings will not be silenced...except during services when our mouths are stuffed with hot wings, and when the end of days arrives at - you guessed it - December 21, 2112.

(frankly I'm surprised that "other" conversation can even be sustained.  At this juncture any combination of words that can be used, have been used.  It's gotten to the point where they are arguing using hyperlinks.  That's just sad.  Unbecoming of anyone in the Order of the Church of the 911 Wings.)

Extensive historical research by renowned theological scholars has recently uncovered this ancient portrait of the Last Supper of Wings:

http://cashcohen.com/lastwingsupper.jpg

May our Wingdom increase! Glory to Gobble!

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ May 14 2012, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 14 2012, 04:39 PM)
Anyone who would think this, coming from RUSH, that this is a 911 reference and not a 21:12 reference has been smoking too many cocoa puffs!

Cocoa Puffs AND Wings?

That's it, I'm converting to this religion immediately. And I will wear a top hat. With a crown.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ May 14 2012, 08:43 PM)
QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ May 14 2012, 06:08 PM)

Cocoa Puffs AND Wings?

That's it, I'm converting to this religion immediately. And I will wear a top hat. With a crown.

Yes, high priestesses may wear a crown as a band on their eyeball top-hats. But all high priestesses must abide by dogma of the Order or risk having their eyes cleansed with the firesauce that burns eternal.

QUOTE (ioc @ May 14 2012, 08:31 PM)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgu7dbMaIa1qh1umko1_500.jpg

....and I take your wings, too! yes.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 14 2012, 08:59 PM)

Because we don't just close threads because they go a little bad. This one IS getting to that point now, though.

Plus, I think we were all waiting for a post like Queenie's to come along. I agree completely with what she said, and how she said it. And that also goes for Tony's follow-up to it.

Tony got some flak for his earlier posts, and he deserved it. As he's prone to do at times, he has a good point to make, but he undermines that point by framing it with an insulting post. His last post, the response to Queenie, is the type of post he should have made in the first place, as opposed to this one.

Floridian, as I stated a few days ago, a thread like this should have maxed out at 20 posts. Once you saw all the posts reasoning why the clock couldn't have been a reference to 9/11, you should have let it drop. Instead, you say things like, "Still to me it looks like 9:11. It is only 1 minute away from that."

Only one minute away??? Oh c'mon! Talk about a reach! facepalm.gif

Anyone have anything good to add before the close?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 14 2012, 09:53 PM)

The Church of Wings will never be silenced! We are legion! Our passion burns with the fire of 1000 bottles of Frank's RedHot sauce!

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 14 2012, 08:57 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 14 2012, 09:53 PM)

The Church of Wings will never be silenced! We are legion! Our passion burns with the fire of 1000 bottles of Frank's RedHot sauce!

ohmy.gif laugh.gif