HF as a confidence-builder song

H. P. L.

In the last weeks, whenever I feel the need for a boost of self-confidence, I find myself going back to HF more and more.

Up until now, my favourite Rush-penned confidence-booster was Far Cry. I'm not completely sold on HF, I find it too repetitive and those "some nights were daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark" squeals... well, they don't seem to work for me, but there's no doubt that the power and the kick-a@@ value of the song are off the scale.

QUOTE (H. P. L. @ May 10 2012, 08:22 AM)
In the last weeks, whenever I feel the need for a boost of self-confidence, I find myself going back to HF more and more.
Up until now, my favourite Rush-penned confidence-booster was Far Cry. I'm not completely sold on HF, I find it too repetitive and those "some nights were daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark" squeals... well, they don't seem to work for me, but there's no doubt that the power and the kick-a@@ value of the song are off the scale.

It sure is an energizer! Gets me pumped! Have to be careful when hearing this while driving......go too fast! tongue.gif

I love that "some nights were daaaaaaaaaark" part. yes.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 10 2012, 07:39 PM)
Confidence builder as in you have a low self-image and this song helps?

If it works great, but I don't see the relation

Not necessarily, no.

Just when you need that extra-drive to make it to 7 pm after a hard day at work, or you need a kickstart song to start running... just something like that.

If you meant relation to the lyrics, no.gif not that kind of relation.

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 10 2012, 08:31 PM)

Good fer ya, but I find myself cringing when Geddy comes to that part. Too much dragging along IMHO.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 10 2012, 11:22 PM)
Sounds like it would be more of a confidence killer, since it would cause more speeding tickets. unsure.gif

Maybe it would boost confidence in the patrol officers... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 10 2012, 01:31 PM)

Me too. I wish that I could live it all again!

oh wait I can....<restarts Headlong Flight>

When I start stressing over how much I've spent on tix, I imagine singing the lines "I don't regret it, I'll never forget it" at a show, and living every word. The song is an affirmation of how I feel about my own life in general, so it certainly helps keep me fired up, much as other favorites like Marathon, Middletown Dreams, The Enemy Within, Cut To The Chase, and We Hold On do.