St.Louis Front Row

brat7760

This is my first post since rejoining the forum from several years back, but I just scored front row ticket from ticketmaster for $375.00. I took the advice from several of you and just waited for better seats to pop up. This is crazy after 5 days these seats come available.

Some of you might remember me from the Vapor Trails motorcycle I built and posted here many years ago.

I just wanted to share this with those that would be as excited as I am!

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 8 2012, 05:19 PM)

Kinda puts a big damper on the whole "SCALPERS ARE RUINING EVERYTHING!!!!" argument.

Ya gotta let it go, bro wink.gif

Edited by ioc

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 8 2012, 06:19 PM)
That's awesome, congratulations.

Kinda puts a big damper on the whole "SCALPERS ARE RUINING EVERYTHING!!!!" argument.

It does? Why?

WOW..... applaudit.gif applaudit.gif It's cool to be YOU right now! Congratulations!!

QUOTE (brat7760 @ May 9 2012, 07:08 AM)
This is my first post since rejoining the forum from several years back, but I just scored front row ticket from ticketmaster for $375.00. I took the advice from several of you and just waited for better seats to pop up. This is crazy after 5 days these seats come available.

Some of you might remember me from the Vapor Trails motorcycle I built and posted here many years ago.

Excellent! 1022.gif

And I remember that bike! Didn't someone from the Rush camp see it and have some good things to say?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 9 2012, 04:18 AM)
QUOTE (brat7760 @ May 9 2012, 07:08 AM)

Excellent! 1022.gif

And I remember that bike! Didn't someone from the Rush camp see it and have some good things to say?

Yes they have all seen pictures of it anyway. The coolest thing was when I gave pictures to Loren during the drumkit tour and he said he would pass it on to Neil and the boys. It was about a year or so later that I received a postcard from Neil saying that he really liked the bike and he and Michael his security guy dreamed and discussed about building a Rush bike. So when I got that from Neil I was pretty excited that he liked it and that I did a good job building it.

QUOTE (ioc @ May 8 2012, 06:36 PM)

Especially since his statement has no legs.

QUOTE (Tick @ May 9 2012, 07:44 AM)

Really? No legs... an ordinary, average fan was able to score front row tickets in an ordinary, average presale to a very popular show. Tell me again how scalpers have a lock on all the good seats. They don't. They have some of the seats. The rest of the seats go to the regular joes who show up in line.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 9 2012, 09:59 AM)

Really? No legs... an ordinary, average fan was able to score front row tickets in an ordinary, average presale to a very popular show. Tell me again how scalpers have a lock on all the good seats. They don't. They have some of the seats. The rest of the seats go to the regular joes who show up in line.

His story is extremely rare. You think it isn't? VIP ARE scalpers and they gobble most of the good seats. Can you get lucky? Sure you can, but that doesn't change the fact that their is a lot of stuff going on with the way tickets are distributed that isn't kosher.

One person gets a front row seat and that debunks any theory that things are often not legit? I don't think so,

QUOTE (Tick @ May 9 2012, 08:07 AM)

His story is extremely rare. You think it isn't? VIP ARE scalpers and they gobble most of the good seats. Can you get lucky? Sure you can, but that doesn't change the fact that their is a lot of stuff going on with the way tickets are distributed that isn't kosher.

One person gets a front row seat and that debunks any theory that things are often not legit? I don't think so,

One person on this forum. We do not encompass the entirety of Rush fandom wink.gif

And if you're including VIPNation in the "scalper" category, there's no arguing with you because it's such a misguided notion that there's probably nothing anyone can say that would change your mind.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 9 2012, 10:49 AM)

One person on this forum. We do not encompass the entirety of Rush fandom wink.gif

And if you're including VIPNation in the "scalper" category, there's no arguing with you because it's such a misguided notion that there's probably nothing anyone can say that would change your mind.

Yeah, you must be right and I must be wrong....because you say so.

Ok. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ May 9 2012, 09:54 AM)

Ok. atickhum.gif

Hello, pot? This is kettle. You're black.

QUOTE (brat7760 @ May 8 2012, 05:08 PM)

Ticketmaster for $375 dollars. Were these Platinum tickets by any chance?

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 9 2012, 11:57 AM)

Ok. atickhum.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ May 9 2012, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 9 2012, 11:57 AM)

Ok. atickhum.gif

laugh.gif

Cheers, man wink.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 9 2012, 11:05 AM)

Yes they where. I am glad I went this route rather than the VIP! I just kept looking off and on during the day and then all of a sudden these showed up.

QUOTE (brat7760 @ May 9 2012, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 9 2012, 11:05 AM)

Yes they where. I am glad I went this route rather than the VIP! I just kept looking off and on during the day and then all of a sudden these showed up.

That's great to hear!! 1022.gif

Congrats to the OP!!

I was fortunate enough to score 2 front row tix for myself and my gf to the Ridgefield, WA show last year on June 28th. There were 24 seats in row 1 and we had seats 15 & 16. I got them for, I believe it was a bit over $100 each, through the MT pre-sale. I suppose I just happened to be clicking in a nano second after the person that released them for sale clicked them available. It was an amazing night that I will never, ever forget.

You are going to REALLY have a great time man. Please post something after the show and let us know all about it.

Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 9 2012, 09:49 AM)

If you think VIPNation isn't a scalping point, you might want to do some better research.

Any of these promotional ticket sellers: i,e; Ticketmaster, VIPNation, MusicToday, all scalp tickets to brokers in bulk for sale elsewhere. If you don't believe that, let me assure you that three weeks ago, I could've bought tickets from StubHub to the show at the Jiffy Lube Ampitheater before the presale!

I'm on Geddy's side this time too. That cool because I've been on Alex's side that last two shows. Ya'll stand up, turn around and wave. I'm further back. I like to see the whole thing.