Music Today can work!

iglehart

got like 20th row on Alex's side after throwing back about 10 times. Everything kept coming up on Ged's side.

Jus ta note people; you have to select which price level you want and if you get nothing, try another level. But I had to keep selecting the price level and redoing the recaptcha every time. I should have better but every time I re-upped, the rows went further and further back but at least it jumped to a new section. It almost looked like it was going left to right, row by row as time progressed.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, yes, I do know the codes are case sensitive.

I have tried three different computers that I have at my disposal here, and Firefox and IE both on each of them. So a total of 6 browser sessions, and about 2.5 hours of trying and I can't even get a single for Columbus.

Bummer for sure, since I will likely have to just settle for whatever crap the Citi presale throws my way tomorrow.

QUOTE (mheider @ May 7 2012, 02:39 PM)
For the record, yes, I do know the codes are case sensitive.

I have tried three different computers that I have at my disposal here, and Firefox and IE both on each of them. So a total of 6 browser sessions, and about 2.5 hours of trying and I can't even get a single for Columbus.

Bummer for sure, since I will likely have to just settle for whatever crap the Citi presale throws my way tomorrow.

No shit! 2 1/2 hours of my life wasted...what a bunch of B.S. crap.

I'm not wasting any more time on this horseshit

Considering I don't have the money to spend for any VIP front row tickets, I went for one in the first section of risers, still a lot of money, but I got two close to Lifeson's spot on stage in Charlotte, NC.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492/dsiebold/Screenshot2012-05-07at121518PM.png

Edited by GangsterOnBoats

GangsterOnBoats, I sat about where you are for the last tour in Grennsboro and the seats were very good. Sound was good too.

I will say being up front does not have the best sound, but who cares. Its cool to be up close.

I hope everyone gets good seats. Just lucky for me.

Anyway, enjoy it from where every you are.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 7 2012, 01:48 PM)
I just tried a few times and there are plenty of singles for CBus.
They're all row W and back, but they're there.

Maybe try Chrome?

Thanks for the suggestion. While I don't really want just one, I was checking to see if anything at all will come up. If you can't even get one, then you gotta figure there are no tix available.

I just tried FF and IE on all three computers, and d/led Chrome and tried that on one as well. No joy.

I found not a single ticket in any of the four seating choices from any of those 7 different browsers for Columbus. Unless they have some sort of IP restriction which I doubt, I have no idea why others can find tix and I get nothing. I always buy thru the pre-sale with no issues, and I got tix for Indy and Cleveland today, but Columbus is a big fat goose egg. I have tried asking for new Captcha codes just in case (even though that is not the message I get - and I did purposely try putting in the wrong code to make sure it was not), and it makes no difference.

Just not my day it seems.

Edited by mheider

QUOTE (mheider @ May 7 2012, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ May 7 2012, 01:48 PM)
I just tried a few times and there are plenty of singles for CBus.
They're all row W and back, but they're there.

Maybe try Chrome?

Thanks for the suggestion. While I don't really want just one, I was checking to see if anything at all will come up. If you can't even get one, then you gotta figure there are no tix available.

I just tried FF and IE on all three computers, and d/led Chrome and tried that on one as well. No joy.

I found not a single ticket in any of the four seating choices from any of those 7 different browsers for Columbus. Unless they have some sort of IP restriction which I doubt, I have no idea why others can find tix and I get nothing. I always buy thru the pre-sale with no issues, and I got tix for Indy and Cleveland today, but Columbus is a big fat goose egg. I have tried asking for new Captcha codes just in case (even though that is not the message I get - and I did purposely try putting in the wrong code to make sure it was not), and it makes no difference.

Just not my day it seems.

It shouldn't take THREE HOURS of trying to get tickets so see somebody...I don't care who they are.

Row 16, Floor (Al's side) in Seattle on 11/13. I'm stoked!! Very fine seats.

If anyone knows how they number seats across the floor at Key Arena, please respond here or message me. I am in section BB, row 16, seats 29 & 30. I see where section BB is and I understand row 16 is well, 16 rows back but I don't know where seats 29 & 30 are. Help appreciated!!

I think I figured it out. My guess is there is a limit to how many tix one can buy thru the presale. I cleared my cookies so that I could reenter my email address. Once I did that, I was offered tickets pretty far back but at least they were available. I went to check out, and when I used the same billing address and CC number, it came back and said my tix had expired (with 8+ minutes left on the timer). Went back in after clearing everything out, used that same alternate email address, slightly changed my billing address (left St for street off), and also used a different card. That time the purchase went thru.

I have no idea what combination of things above got me thru the problem, but I can say almost for certain that the email address being used was the part that was causing no tix to be shown. It would be nice if they would spell that there is a limit if that is indeed what the issue was.

I used that address for 2 tix for Detroit, 2 for Cleveland, 3 for Chicago, 3 for Indy, for a total of 10. I was able to use a different address to get these last 3 for Columbus. If you have bought a lot of tix and are having similar issues with not being offered any tix, you may want to try a different email address.

Note: these tickets are all being bought for use by me, my son, and a few friends. I am not trying to buy a bunch and resell them, in case anyone out there was wondering.

Edited by mheider

I tried to get good seats for Indy. It was 12:03 and the floor was already not available. Do they really sell out this fast or not? I reloaded 4 times and got the same message. Ended up with seats in lower level. Better than nothing but not what I wanted.

QUOTE (FT Tracker @ May 7 2012, 02:35 PM)
I tried to get good seats for Indy. It was 12:03 and the floor was already not available. Do they really sell out this fast or not? I reloaded 4 times and got the same message. Ended up with seats in lower level. Better than nothing but not what I wanted.

I couldn't get floor seats until 12:25. When I did I nailed front row. I used Firefox to hold a pair of tickets in reds and Internet explorer to keep refreshing for floors until the firefox tickets hit 0. Perseverance pays off!

So after reading the post on this site and buying a lower level ticket for Indy at 12:03 the best I could get at the time. I decided to go back and see what I could get a ticket for at 3:52. I got floor 2 row 8. Whats the deal? Now I need to sell my first ticket. Which by the way I paid the same money for.

QUOTE (FT Tracker @ May 7 2012, 04:00 PM)
So after reading the post on this site and buying a lower level ticket for Indy at 12:03 the best I could get at the time. I decided to go back and see what I could get a ticket for at 3:52. I got floor 2 row 8. Whats the deal? Now I need to sell my first ticket. Which by the way I paid the same money for.

Yeah the whole process it total crap. After going back and entering another email address like mheider suggested, seats suddenly started coming up...I mean what a load of crap that is. Ended up getting first section back on Ged's side which is fine with me because it gives my little guy a better view than on the floor like we had last time.

QUOTE (Khan @ May 7 2012, 03:14 PM)
QUOTE (FT Tracker @ May 7 2012, 04:00 PM)

Yeah the whole process it total crap. After going back and entering another email address like mheider suggested, seats suddenly started coming up...I mean what a load of crap that is. Ended up getting first section back on Ged's side which is fine with me because it gives my little guy a better view than on the floor like we had last time.

People swarm the site trying to buy tickets. Lots of things happen to reject tickets. When tickets are not bought it takes a full 10 minutes before they are thrown back into the pot (the time has to expire). I got some great reds which I was willing to settle for at first, but the site didn't load the checkout. I lost my tickets right there and according to Snaked's guide they wouldn't appear for someone else until AFTER the remaining 8 minutes had gone out.

As always I am sorry to see some had no luck with the MT pre-sale. But for the record I have never done worse than 25 rows back using the MT pre-sales.

Thing is there are a limited amount of tickets released. And for Tampa it is even smaller because the first three sections are only 15 rows tops (in each section which are 3 sections). With the VIP stuff that takes away a good portion of the tickets, then you have season ticket holders, the band holds some tickets for family and friends etc etc.

I went in....bought 2 great seats in section 5 just to make sure I had a pair of great seats at face value (and that is the key face value). Then I went at it.....mind you over 10,000 feet in the air on my way to NY using a planes wi-fi which is not like my super fast comcast xfinity at home and after 45 minutes scored two 15th row dead center seats.

Luck....probably. But I don't know what else to say.

IMO the section 4,5,6,7 seats are high quality tickets at face value...your 20-30 rows back and it is a great view, great sound from that distance. TO get the first 15 rows....it's a crap shoot. I would not be pissed off.

When has it ever been easy to get great seats? I love buying seats online vs the old school way of sleeping out.

I did that my entire high school life as well as in the early 90's....that was a bunch of horse crap if you ask me. Your chances were slim or none.

I remember I worked at a ticketmaster (and before that Bass) ticket outlet. We would sit there and pull tickets at 10am in bunches and then let people in. We made sure we held 4 tickets for the first person in line (if they bought 2 then the next pair went to the second person in line) the rest went to us.

It was total bullshit.....and every freaking record store (or outlet) did this.

Now at least I have a shot at decent seats from the comfort of my home at face value. Sometimes I landed amazing seats with MT

2nd row for Orlando Snakes 2008

4th row for Tampa - Snakes 2007

17th row center WPB - Snakes 2007

16th row dead center WPB - TM 2010

First side section front row (amazing seats in fact just as good as floor it was like being 5th row floor) - TM 2011

20th Row- Vegas Vapor Trails - fan pre-sale

25th row center - TM 2010

Music Today is a good pre-sale for the fans. But some are not going to be happy, or get shut out...it happens. Tickets are limited.

So you have a choice. Try the public sale for face value, wait till the week of the show (which if you do you will get great seats if you understand how brokers work, for much less than you think) or go the VIP route of platnium seating route.

Or the last resort the broker route and pay a premium.

But at least you can get a seat....it all comes down to what price are you willing to pay?

If it is only face value.....this is the reality and has been the reality for a loooooong time.

Nothing worth getting bent out of shape about.

Hell up until the Roll the Bones tour I never had a good-great seat at a Rush concert. I was always in the back. Then I started figuring out how to make it work for me through various methods.

You can always get a good seat to a show. It's all about what your willing to pay, and sometimes how long your willing to wait.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ May 7 2012, 05:12 PM)
You can always get a good seat to a show. It's all about what your willing to pay, and sometimes how long your willing to wait.

Well, I agree with you to an extent.

But it's not just "if you're willing", but also, if you can afford it.

If money was not an issue for me, you better believe that I'd be WILLING to spend whatever it took to get front row.

I think they go together. It's not just if you're willing, but if the money is there to allow you.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 7 2012, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (Todem @ May 7 2012, 05:12 PM)

Well, I agree with you to an extent.

But it's not just "if you're willing", but also, if you can afford it.

If money was not an issue for me, you better believe that I'd be WILLING to spend whatever it took to get front row.

I think they go together. It's not just if you're willing, but if the money is there to allow you.

Totally understand that.

Back when I was 15-24 years old.....face value or nothing. So I took whatever I could get.

As I got older and had more disposable income I discovered brokers....funny for the RTB tour I paid 90 bucks a seat to a broker for 10th row dead center....seems cheap today but back then face value was 20-25 bucks for a Rush concert.

Test for Echo I got 2 front row tickets for 200 a piece. A lot of change back then.

Ever since they started the fan pre-sales I have always got high quality seats for face. So I guess I have been lucky.

But it works.

If you know how to wait till the week of the show...then you know how to take advantage of brokers (holding tickets and needing to unload them), seats that are not used etc.

First ten minutes for Toronto, nothing would come up for the floors but seats available in lower bowl. I just kept re-entering then the first floors that came up for me were FLR Right Row 3. Very pleased although they are seats 43 and 44 which tells me I'm way to the right. The question is, how many seats are in the row?

QUOTE (chrisw25 @ May 7 2012, 05:51 PM)
First ten minutes for Toronto, nothing would come up for the floors but seats available in lower bowl. I just kept re-entering then the first floors that came up for me were FLR Right Row 3. Very pleased although they are seats 43 and 44 which tells me I'm way to the right. The question is, how many seats are in the row?

saw this on RIAB earlier:

Floor seating: Rows are numeric starting at 1 and going all the back numerically, at least to row 44.

Floor L

1st 3 rows left to right seats 1-16

Remaining rows left to right seats 1-14

Floor C

1st 3 rows left to right seats 17-32

Remaining rows left to right seats 15-28

Floor R

1st 3 rows left to right seats 33-48

Remaining rows left to right seats 29-42

QUOTE (chrisw25 @ May 7 2012, 05:51 PM)

I got seats 45 and 46 right beside you, so at least you aren't at the very end of the row.... laugh.gif

QUOTE (FT Tracker @ May 7 2012, 03:00 PM)

Did you know floor 2 row 8 is the second section of floor seats ? I would keep the lower bowl seats . I got sec 17 row 7 by the stage on alexs side.

Yes I know f2 is behind f1 but I do not know how many rows are in each section. Do you have any idea? This is for Indy, Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Their seating chart isnt very clear, or at least the one I seen wasn't. You think the seat in section 17 is better. Looks like the sound would be better on the floor. The distance from the stage looks like it would be about the same. I have a ticket for both not sure which to keep which to sell. Maybe try to get something better.

QUOTE (FT Tracker @ May 7 2012, 06:59 PM)
Yes I know f2 is behind f1 but I do not know how many rows are in each section. Do you have any idea? This is for Indy, Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Their seating chart isnt very clear, or at least the one I seen wasn't.

I found the Bankers Life Fieldhouse chart to be one of those most clear I have ever come across, actually. Floor 1 has 16 rows and Floor 2 has 12. The three blocks in each floor section are seats 1-12, 21-34 and 41-52, it appears.