Another image?

savagegrace26

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 5 2012, 11:00 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Apr 5 2012, 09:58 AM)
Who cares what the album cover looks like? Your not listening to the cover. tongue.gif

Speak for yourself buddy boy! I smell it and rub it against my cheek for a week after release.

we really dont want to know about your sick fetishes

REPORTED!!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 5 2012, 07:00 AM)
Who cares what the album cover looks like? Your not listening to the cover. tongue.gif

Speak for yourself buddy boy! I smell it and rub it against my cheek for a week after release.

laugh.gif You have serious problems. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 5 2012, 07:03 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 5 2012, 11:00 AM)

we really dont want to know about your sick fetishes

REPORTED!!! tongue.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 5 2012, 03:00 PM)

Which cheek? Or does it depend on how awful/cool the cover is?

The people need to know.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 5 2012, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 5 2012, 03:00 PM)

Which cheek? Or does it depend on how awful/cool the cover is?

The people need to know.

Or they'll be a Witch Hunt for sure.

tongue.gif

the red image is nice, and direct, but lacking in something, maybe a little detail, maybe something to make you think, i mean the counterparts cover was as simple as it gets but triggered something intellectual to sustain interest... a swirling red cloud and a clock of runes just doesnt blow my skirt up although its a nice background like somebody said for a cd liner or something.

the other sidewalk image with the dog and hydrant is by far the best candidate for album cover in the traditionally surreal vein of rush albums like a puzzle you gotta work out very professionally put together like permanent waves ect and the logo is spot on, id take that as the album cover art any day.

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Apr 5 2012, 10:11 AM)
the red image is nice, and direct, but lacking in something, maybe a little detail, maybe something to make you think, i mean the counterparts cover was as simple as it gets but triggered something intellectual to sustain interest... a swirling red cloud and a clock of runes just doesnt blow my skirt up although its a nice background like somebody said for a cd liner or something.

the other sidewalk image with the dog and hydrant is by far the best candidate for album cover in the traditionally surreal vein of rush albums like a puzzle you gotta work out very professionally put together like permanent waves ect and the logo is spot on, id take that as the album cover art any day.

It's just too direct. The title is clockwork angels, so a clock with some symbols against the clouds, which are made to look like a vortex to hell? I mean, that is not close to the high concept stuff you would expect of a band like this.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 5 2012, 08:42 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 5 2012, 09:37 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Apr 5 2012, 03:09 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 4 2012, 08:40 PM)
Theres at least one more floating around out there that I'm surprised nobody has pointed out yet.

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/banners/CDUangels729x90.jpg

?

Goddammit. I swear, if that retarded swirly red thing is the final album cover I'm going to replace it with something else on my computer so I never have to look at it. And forget buying the vinyl, I don't want that crap blown up to vinyl size.

banghead.gif angry.gif no.gif

Yeah it looks terrible, but whatever, it's not like we sit around staring at the cover all day.

No, but it does come up when I play music on the computer. Every time there's a song change, the artist/title and artwork pop up on the screen (which is how I like it, I know I could change that, but I like it smile.gif)

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 5 2012, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Apr 5 2012, 10:11 AM)

It's just too direct. The title is clockwork angels, so a clock with some symbols against the clouds, which are made to look like a vortex to hell? I mean, that is not close to the high concept stuff you would expect of a band like this.

That's kind of what I like about it to be honest.

It's ultra simple.

I know that everyone hates it because they think they can do better, and sure, it's not quite as intricate as most of their other album covers, but I really like the colours and simplicity of it personally.

Just like that...with no "Rush" or "Clockwork Angels" written on it. I like it that way.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 5 2012, 10:22 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 5 2012, 08:42 AM)
Theres at least one more floating around out there that I'm surprised nobody has pointed out yet.

?

Goddammit. I swear, if that retarded swirly red thing is the final album cover I'm going to replace it with something else on my computer so I never have to look at it. And forget buying the vinyl, I don't want that crap blown up to vinyl size.

Yeah it looks terrible, but whatever, it's not like we sit around staring at the cover all day.

No, but it does come up when I play music on the computer. Every time there's a song change, the artist/title and artwork pop up on the screen (which is how I like it, I know I could change that, but I like it smile.gif)

I dont really look at that too much. Sure I see it, and believe me I have a serious passion for great design, its what I do for a living, but if the cover sucks and the album is great then it doesnt really matter to me.

See with S&A I thought it was one of their worst covers ever, except that I didnt like the album either, so the whole thing was a disaster for me. lol

If I liked S&A trust me I wouldnt have cared about that cover at all.

?

Dude, must things be "retarded" with you? It's not a nice word, and the art is not that bad. It may actually make sense in context with the story.. if it actually is the cover art. Relax a bit. trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Apr 5 2012, 10:58 AM)

goodpost.gif

I like the album cover, but it looks very similar to this one (which I have). Coincidentally, it's twenty years old. And instead of a clock, it's the Mayan calender thing.

http://www.sicmagazine.net/images/434.jpg

Edited by circumstantial tree

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 5 2012, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Apr 5 2012, 01:57 PM)
I really don't care what the cover is, but I AM hoping that there is artwork for individual songs in the album booklet.

There is.

Yeah, there's no doubt about this. I trust Snaked but if you want independent verification all you have to do is re-read the article about the novel tie-in.

... I worked together with Neil to flesh out the epic story told over the course of the music, as well as the artist Hugh Syme whose paintings fill the CD booklet.

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/03/19...e-for-pre-order

They've basically been doing that anyway and with an explicit concept it shouldn't be any surprise. I love the individual pieces of art for the songs on TFE and S&A.