Where's the 1-minute tease

GeddyRulz

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 4 2012, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (anchorman @ Apr 4 2012, 11:24 AM)
I know many people love HYF but to me, it is their worst CD.  There are so many weak songs on it.    There was no edge to them and the band sounded completely lost as to their identity.

I agree 100% only HYF is in my bottom 3 , the worst being RTB.

Ah-ha...so you still rank S&A higher than something. tongue.gif

Man...you must really HATE RTB! laugh.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 4 2012, 11:57 AM)

I agree with him: S&A and RTB are both crummy, but RTB is SO bad that yes, S&A beats it.

I disagree with him about HYF being bottom three, though. Top 10 for sure.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 4 2012, 12:01 PM)
Im actually a fan of HYF, but its mostly because Im a bassist and some of his best work is on that album, but I definitely get why some would hate it. It's total cheeseball 80s.

I prefer the bass on Power Windows by a lot. One of my fav bass records.

Im actually a fan of HYF, but its mostly because I'm a bassist and some of his best work is on that album

Exactly! yes.gif

Plus, I like the theme of the album. Keeping your passion for life alive and all that.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 4 2012, 12:03 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 4 2012, 11:57 AM)

I agree with him: S&A and RTB are both crummy, but RTB is SO bad that yes, S&A beats it.

I disagree with him about HYF being bottom three, though. Top 10 for sure.

music.gif Two out of Three ain't bad music.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 4 2012, 01:05 PM)
Im actually a fan of HYF, but its mostly because I'm a bassist and some of his best work is on that album

Exactly! yes.gif

Plus, I like the theme of the album. Keeping your passion for life alive and all that.

Yeah, funny how optimistic that album is.

Now...put it in a contrast with S&A.

Huge difference.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 4 2012, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 4 2012, 06:22 AM)
Thus far, they are doing a damn good job of keep everything under lock and key.

I don't want to face the killer instinct - Face it in you or me. no.gif

Rooadrunner knows they carry a sensitive cargo, and the more they hype it, they keep fans like us ticking like time-bombs

Edited by myturn2drive

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 4 2012, 12:04 PM)
Im actually a fan of HYF, but its mostly because Im a bassist and some of his best work is on that album, but I definitely get why some would hate it. It's total cheeseball 80s.

I prefer the bass on Power Windows by a lot. One of my fav bass records.

Well yeah I put those 2 in the same group as far as his refined clean style of playing, but noone was talking about PoW so I didnt mention it.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 4 2012, 12:19 PM)

Exactly! yes.gif

Huge difference.

Basically 20 years apart though. Plus HYF was prior to the events that Neil suffered through, so I would guess he's just a totally different person now.

Man I remember how infatuated I was with the SPINDRIFT teaser, must have listened to it 500 times....

We might be a long away from a teaser clip for Headlong Flight. Judging from the looks of their beta site for Clockwork Angels, not very much new is fleshed out yet. They have some new site backgrounds that still include the blimp concept but are different... they updated Alex's gear to include "Gibson Les Paul Black Prototypewith Floyd Rose Tremolo", they have the tour section up but so far it is blank, no new news, media or announcements yet at all...

So either they are just STARTING to piece the new Rush.com together, or they will do one massive update all in one fell swoop. I'll try to keep an eye on it.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 4 2012, 01:37 PM)

Exactly! yes.gif

Huge difference.

Basically 20 years apart though. Plus HYF was prior to the events that Neil suffered through, so I would guess he's just a totally different person now.

Oh, for sure.

Don't get me wrong...unlike many people here who love to bash Neil, I'm not one of them.

I just found it interesting when you listen to HYF, and then listen to VT / S&A. Huge difference...

I really just love Neil's lyrics on HYF...maybe some of his best. Very inspirational and optimistic! Love 'em.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 4 2012, 01:13 PM)
I really just love Neil's lyrics on HYF...maybe some of his best. Very inspirational and optimistic! Love 'em.

I'm with ya! trink39.gif

Exactly! yes.gif

Huge difference.

Oh, for sure.

Don't get me wrong...unlike many people here who love to bash Neil, I'm not one of them.

I just found it interesting when you listen to HYF, and then listen to VT / S&A. Huge difference...

Yeah there was some very positive stuff on there. He's had that here and there. He hasn't been all negative.

Although I dont like how negative their lyrics are now and how he keeps harping on religion, at the same time I think about all he's written about. At this point maybe it's hard for him to even find inspiration to write about anything else.

Maybe he doesnt care about politics, maybe he doesnt want to write about being in love again or having a baby, that's his choice, so now I pretty much just listen to the music and the melodies and I dont pay too much attention to the lyrics anymore.

As soon as I heard the lyrics in BU2B I just rolled my eyes then just continued to like the song for what it was, just a strong hard rocking song, something S&A seriously lacked.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 4 2012, 02:18 PM)

Exactly! yes.gif

Huge difference.

Oh, for sure.

Yeah there was some very positive stuff on there. He's had that here and there. He hasn't been all negative.

Although I dont like how negative their lyrics are now and how he keeps harping on religion, at the same time I think about all he's written about. At this point maybe it's hard for him to even find inspiration to write about anything else.

Maybe he doesnt care about politics, maybe he doesnt want to write about being in love again or having a baby, that's his choice, so now I pretty much just listen to the music and the melodies and I dont pay too much attention to the lyrics anymore.

As soon as I heard the lyrics in BU2B I just rolled my eyes then just continued to like the song for what it was, just a strong hard rocking song, something S&A seriously lacked.

yes.gif

Agreed. I felt the exact same with the lyrics at first...but you're exactly right.

BU2B kicks so much ass that it makes up for it (for me anyways). I love it even more than Caravan, and I hope that the hard-rock edge from that song continues throughout the rest of CA.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 4 2012, 02:43 PM)
i don't listen to them alot, and alot of people think the last two tunes on hyf are garbage, but they sound very good to me. love the guitar on tai shan, and high water blends nicely.

Those songs are definitely better than they get credit for...BUT, they are still easily the bottom two songs on HYF.

They just don't seem to "fit" with the rest of the album...kind of like 'I Think I'm Going Bald' on CoS (which I also love BTW).

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 4 2012, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 4 2012, 02:18 PM)

Exactly! yes.gif

Huge difference.

Oh, for sure.

yes.gif

Agreed. I felt the exact same with the lyrics at first...but you're exactly right.

BU2B kicks so much ass that it makes up for it (for me anyways). I love it even more than Caravan, and I hope that the hard-rock edge from that song continues throughout the rest of CA.

Yeah, this is the 2nd album in a row where he refers to religion as just a marketplace where people are just being sold ideas he doesnt think they should be buying. It's really silly, but whatever, pound my ears with a hard rocking song and Ill get over the lyrics pretty quickly.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 4 2012, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 4 2012, 02:43 PM)
i don't listen to them alot, and alot of people think the last two tunes on hyf are garbage, but they sound very good to me.  love the guitar on tai shan, and high water blends nicely.

Those songs are definitely better than they get credit for...BUT, they are still easily the bottom two songs on HYF.

They just don't seem to "fit" with the rest of the album...kind of like 'I Think I'm Going Bald' on CoS (which I also love BTW).

big fan here of i think i'm going bald. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif