Marillion - new album!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 15 2012, 05:29 AM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Aug 14 2012, 11:40 PM)
Not sure what it is really.

Whining to music.

Why do you insist on being a fucktard? If you don't like the band stay the f**k out of this thread? Simple enough, douche?

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Aug 11 2012, 07:08 AM)
I like Marillion...always have. Saw them with Fish and Hogarth...

Seasons End and Clutching are my favorites.

That being said, they have become samey and a bit boring to my tastes...I love the "this is our best album since..." statements.

I will say that it seems to me that they are trying to fuse adult contemporary with a techno beat.

Those 2 are their best albums! One from each period. Fitting. I am not sure which period I like the most. The Fish period or the Hogarth period.

People claiming that Hogart cant sing dont know what they are talking about.

I agree that the last albums have not been top notch. Marbles was the last OKish album IMO. But also on Marbles there are a lot of strange things happening. Though, the good songs on Marbles are as good as any.

I have had a flux on This Strange Engine lately. Now that is an underrated album! Estonia is pure magik.

I have high hopes for the new album!

QUOTE (Tick @ Aug 15 2012, 07:18 PM)

Whining to music.

Why do you insist on being a fucktard? If you don't like the band stay the f**k out of this thread? Simple enough, douche?

What are you, hurt by this?

You're actually upset to the point of name calling and frustrated to anger that I don't like this guys voice?

You're that upset with me 'cuz I don't like this singer, and let's not forget I'm not the only one!!!!!

I find it funny that on a 2.gif web site where songs, and records, and band members have been slagged for years, time and time again, it's OK to just keep rehashing all that crap, and that's fine with you, but you get this fired up about Marillions singer... z7shysterical.gif It's comical...What else is comical is that you get so worked up about an opinion.

Oh, I see it's an opinion you don't share. That's it isn't it Mr. Ego...Well I am sorry. If I'd known that you were that frail, and such a big baby and easily brought to a temper tantrum I'd have tread that much more lightly so as not to shake up your world, isn't that what you do to keep baby's happy? I'm asking you 'cuz I'd figure you'd have the right answer.

I'm gonna post in any thread I want, and I'm gonna post whatever opinion I have and feel like sharing with whoever wants to read it. And that what it boils down to...I'm gonna post in this thread and any other Marillion thead that exists or gets started and if you're afraid of what I have to say...Then don't read my posts.

BTW...I like the band, just not Hobarfs voice.

atickhum.gif

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Aug 16 2012, 06:21 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Aug 15 2012, 07:18 PM)

Whining to music.

What are you, hurt by this?

You're actually upset to the point of name calling and frustrated to anger that I don't like this guys voice?

You're that upset with me 'cuz I don't like this singer, and let's not forget I'm not the only one!!!!!

I find it funny that on a 2.gif web site where songs, and records, and band members have been slagged for years, time and time again, it's OK to just keep rehashing all that crap, and that's fine with you, but you get this fired up about Marillions singer... z7shysterical.gif It's comical...What else is comical is that you get so worked up about an opinion.

Oh, I see it's an opinion you don't share. That's it isn't it Mr. Ego...Well I am sorry. If I'd known that you were that frail, and such a big baby and easily brought to a temper tantrum I'd have tread that much more lightly so as not to shake up your world, isn't that what you do to keep baby's happy? I'm asking you 'cuz I'd figure you'd have the right answer.

I'm gonna post in any thread I want, and I'm gonna post whatever opinion I have and feel like sharing with whoever wants to read it. And that what it boils down to...I'm gonna post in this thread and any other Marillion thead that exists or gets started and if you're afraid of what I have to say...Then don't read my posts.

BTW...I like the band, just not Hobarfs voice.

atickhum.gif

moon.gif

Waiting to board the plane to Manchester...so excited!!

Have all day, do a museum or two, pop into a few record stores, hunt down Treeduck and fill him full of leadshot, that kind of thing.

Or are we still out of season? Bought my duck caller and everything.

and tonight....roll on tonight!

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 11 2012, 09:36 AM)
Oh my God.

New songs sound incredible.

The band were amazing, to my ears, although some Marillion forum members were bitching about glitches.

Place was packed.

H was in top, top, top form.

And they finished with Sugar Mice!!!!

1022.gif trink39.gif

Well... "Clockwork Angels" was my album of the year (yes, I know the year is far from over) but all that changed when "Sounds That Can't Be Made" entered my life last weekend. The opening song "Gaza" is one of the most stunning peices of sonic art ever.

I got my email for the download and I'm on my second listen. I liked Gaza a lot but I'm not sure if its going to end up being my favorite track. Montreal, Pour My Love, title track, and The Sky Above The Rain are incredible. The album is much better than Happiness Is The Road and Somewhere Else (and I liked both of those albums). It reminds me a bit of Anoraknophobia, which is one of my favorites. I can't wait to see the making of DVD.

I don't think it'll be album of the year (that award will probably go to Anathema or Anglagard) but its up there.

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 10 2012, 12:36 AM)

Have all day, do a museum or two, pop into a few record stores, hunt down Treeduck and fill him full of leadshot, that kind of thing.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 30 2012, 05:43 PM)

20 days late. That's good, for you.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 30 2012, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 30 2012, 05:43 PM)

20 days late. That's good, for you.

laugh.gif

yes.gif