Favorite movie moments

war2112

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jun 22 2005, 07:28 PM)
Just watching Ferris Bueller on TV...

I love the part when the sister kicks the principals arse in the kitchen!

LOL I love that part in the movie!!!

"oh and you forgot your wallet, on the kitchen floor" LMAO

rofl3.gif

LOTR-Return of the King---> When Aragorn and company are circled by the enemy of the black gates...and that last moment before they charge he turns around and looks at Gandalf and says..."For Frodo"...turns around with his cape flying in the wind and charges towards enemy....

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Batman Begins - The part where he's interrogating Flass in the storm with the wire. "I don't know, I swear to God!" "Swear to ME!"

Eurotrip - The Amsterdam scene.

Empire Strikes Back - I think everybody knows this one.

Patton - When he kills the guys donkey's because they're blocking the movement of the army.

Equilibrium - When Christian Bale takes out Father's bodyguards with a sword.

Robin Hood: Men in Tights - "You mean they changed it to Latrine?" "Yeah. Used to be Shit-Hole."

'Tombstone' Wyatt Earp prevents Ike Clanton from ambushing Morgan Earp.

"You called down the thunder, well now you got it! You see that? It says United States Marshall. I see a red sash, I kill the man wearin' it. So run you cur. Tell all the other curs the law's comin'! You tell 'em I'm comin', and hell's comin' with me, you hear? HELL'S COMIN' WITH ME!"

Gives me chills every time.

Ed: (car salesman)"Now, I owe it to myself to tell you, Mr. Griswold, that if you are thinking of taking the tribe cross country, this is your automobile. The Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it. "

Cousin Eddie: "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?

Clark: You're the gourmet around here, Eddie. "

Clark:I think you're all f**ked in the head. We're ten hours from the f**king fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much f**king fun we'll need plastic surgeory to remove our damn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're a**holes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy S** t!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 23 2005, 08:40 AM)

"You called down the thunder, well now you got it! You see that? It says United States Marshall. I see a red sash, I kill the man wearin' it. So run you cur. Tell all the other curs the law's comin'! You tell 'em I'm comin', and hell's comin' with me, you hear? HELL'S COMIN' WITH ME!"

That is just a fantastic movie.. Kurt Russel and Val Kilmer should have both won Oscars...

And I don't even like westerns......

The opening to Full Metal Jacket.

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human, f**king beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian sh*t. Because I am hard you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on ni**ers, ki*es, w*ps or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?"

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 23 2005, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 23 2005, 08:40 AM)

That is just a fantastic movie.. Kurt Russel and Val Kilmer should have both won Oscars...

And I don't even like westerns......

dude, yes! i'm not much on westerns either, but that movie makes me cry every single time i watch it. SO good!!

the last 5 minutes of The Breakfest Club.

oh geez i love that movie..the last 5 mins when Brian's reading his paper is just awesome. it's a mixture of serious stuff & fooling around..you wouldn't think it'd work, but it does. really cute movie. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Jun 23 2005, 11:18 AM)
Ed: (car salesman)"Now, I owe it to myself to tell you, Mr. Griswold, that if you are thinking of taking the tribe cross country, this is your automobile. The Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it. "

Cousin Eddie: "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?
Clark: You're the gourmet around here, Eddie. "

Clark:I think you're all f**ked in the head. We're ten hours from the f**king fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much f**king fun we'll need plastic surgeory to remove our damn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're a**holes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy S** t!

z7shysterical.gif

Harry - "I thought the Rocky mountains would be a little rockier".

Lloyd - "You know, I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit".

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jun 23 2005, 06:28 AM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jun 22 2005, 10:53 PM)
In The Shawshank Redemption, I love it when they go over how Andy escaped.  That was so cool seeing how he did it.  Just an awesome movie.

Great line associated with that scene as well.

"Andy Dufresne, who crawled through a river of s**t and came out clean on the other side."

yes.gif Great quote right there. trink39.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jun 24 2005, 07:30 AM)
QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jun 23 2005, 06:28 AM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jun 22 2005, 10:53 PM)
In The Shawshank Redemption, I love it when they go over how Andy escaped.  That was so cool seeing how he did it.  Just an awesome movie.

Great line associated with that scene as well.

"Andy Dufresne, who crawled through a river of s**t and came out clean on the other side."

yes.gif Great quote right there. trink39.gif

The other thing I loved about that scene was after he escaped from the pipe and he's standing there in the storm with his arms raised out, revelling in his freedom. Really good cinematography on that scene.

..also, that just brought to mind, the scene in Rocky when he jumps at the top of the stairs in slow motion, another classic scene in cinema history!

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jun 23 2005, 10:14 AM)
LOTR-Return of the King---> When Aragorn and company are circled by the enemy of the black gates...and that last moment before they charge he turns around and looks at Gandalf and says..."For Frodo"...turns around with his cape flying in the wind and charges towards enemy....

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

What gets me even more about this scene is that Merry and Pippin immediately race after him and for a half second its just the three of them racing down to take on the Dark Lord.

Here's a favorite of mine to add that I just saw this morning:

Aliens -- "Get away from her you bitch"

"Define irony. A bunch of idiots dancing on an airplane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash."

-Garland Greene "The Marietta Mangler"

Con Air.

EDIT: the song was "Sweet Home Alabama"

Edited by kazzman

Larkin - This is United States Marshall Vince Larkin, and Duncan Malloy of the DEA.

Cyrus - Oh, Agent Malloy. I'm so sorry about your associate. Nothing is quite as sad as seeing a grown man pissing his pants.

Malloy - Listen to me you puny f***ing animal. When I get through with you, you'll be begging for the electric chair!

Cyrus - HEY! I don't like him! If he speaks again this conversation is terminated.

Larkin - He doesn't want to talk again, really. He's done talking. He's leaving the building ok.

Cyrus - Good. I'll talk to you then. Here's the rules, firs I ask a question and then you ask a question.

Larkin - Ok.

Cyrus - In Carson City, your bulls were onto us. How?

Larkin - One of the guards faked a heart attack and we had to remove his restraints.

Cyrus - Ok.

Larkin - Where are you going with my plane, Cyrus.

Cyrus - We're going to Disneyland.

Larkin - You're lying Cyrus.

Cyrus - So are you, Vince. (starts singing) Oh nothing makes me sadder than the agent lost his bladder in the air-plane.

Again, from Con Air.

Yes I'm bored tonight.

IT's a Wonderful Life

First one is when George has to ask Potter for the money his Uncle"lost"

Mr. Potter: [to George Bailey] Look at you. You used to be so cocky. You claimed you were going to go out and conquer the world. You once called me, "a warped, frustrated, old man!" Who are you but a warped, frustrated young man, crawling in here on your hands and knees begging for help. No securities, no stocks, no bonds. Nothin' but a miserable little $500 equity in a life insurance policy. You're worth more dead than alive.

Mr. Potter: Why, the whole town knows you've been giving money to Violet Bick.

Second one is George and Mary walking home from the big dance in robe and football outfit after the floor open into the pool

George Bailey: What do you want, Mary? Do you want the moon? If you want it, I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down for you. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.

Mary: I'll take it. Then what?

George Bailey: Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see... and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair... am I talking too much?

Third is ealier in the movie when Potter is trying to get George to come work for him

it looks like he is going to give in and do it then...

George Bailey: You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider. And...

[turning to his aid]

George Bailey: And that goes for you, too!

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jul 2 2005, 11:19 PM)
"Define irony. A bunch of idiots dancing on an airplane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash."

-Garland Greene "The Marietta Mangler"

Con Air.

EDIT: the song was "Sweet Home Alabama"

Garland Greene was one of my favorite characters.

Big Lebowski: when Walter is smashing that corvette and keeps repeating "Do you see what happens Larry when you f*ck a stranger in the *ss?!"

American Beauty: Spacey driving to the fast food restaurant, smokin' it up and singin' American Woman.

Animal House: when the Dean tells Flounder his grade point average...0.2. "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life"

EXT. TRAILER - DAY

A lower-middle-class trailer park named Astro World, which has a neon sign in front of it in the shape of a planet.

A big, green Chevy Nova pulls into the park. It parks by a trailer that's slightly less kept up than the others. Cliff gets out of the Chevy. As he gets out, his dog runs off chasing after another dog. He's drinking out of a fast-food soda cup as he opens the door to his trailer.

INT. Trailer

As Cliff steps into the trailer, a gun is pointed to his forehead and he's punched in the face; knocking him out.

When Cliff wakes up, he's tied to a chair, surrounded by mafia enforcers.

Coccotti: Frankie, tell Luca to go outside and do you know what.

Frankie tells Luca in italian. Luca steps outside.

Coccotti: Do you know who I am, Mr. Worley?

Cliff: I give up, who are you?

Coccotti: I'm the antichrist. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven that you've never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you. My name is Vincent Coccotti. I work as counsel for Mr. Blue Lou Boyle, the man your son stole from. I hear you were once a cop, so I assume you've once heard of us before. Am I correct?

Cliff: I've heard of Blue Lou Boyle.

Coccotti: I'm glad. Hopefully that will clear up the "how full of shit am I" question you've been asking yourself. We're gonna have a little "Q" and "A." And at the risk of sounding redundant, please make your answers genuine. You want a Chesterfield?

Cliff: No

Coccotti: I have a son of my own, around your boy's age. I can imagine how painful this must be for you. But Clarence and that bitch of a girlfriend of his brought this all on themselves. I implore you not to go down that road with them. You can always take comfort in the fact that you never really had a choice.

Cliff: Look, I'd like to help you if I could, but I haven't seen Clarence.

Coccotti: You see that? [Coccotti punches Cliff in the face] That smarts, doesn't it? Gettin slammed in the nose. f*cks you all up. You get that pain shooting through your brain. Your eyes fill up with water. That aint any kind of fun. But what I have to offer you, that's as good as it's ever gonna get. And it won't ever get that good again. We talked to your neighbors. They saw a Cadillac. Purple Cadillac. Clarence's purple Cadillac, parked in front of your trailer yesterday. Mr. Worley, you seen your son?

Cliff: I've seen him.

Coccotti: I can't be sure of how much of what he told you, so in the chance you're in the dark about some of this, let me shed some light. That whore he hangs around with, her pimp is an associate of mine. Among his pimping and other affairs, he works for me in a courier capacity. Well, apparently, that dirty little whor found out we were gonna do some business 'cause your son the cowboy, came into the room blazing and didn't stop until they were pretty sure everyone was dead...

Cliff: What are you talking about?

Coccotti: I'm talking about a massacre. They snatched my narcotics. Hightaled it out of there. Would have got away with it, but your son, f**k-head that he is, left his driver's liscense in the dead guy's hand.

Cliff: You know, I don't believe you.

Coccotti: That's of minor importance. What is of major f***ing importance is that I believe you. Where did they go?

Cliff: On their honeymoon.

Coccotti: I'm getting angry, asking the same question a second time. Where did they go?

Cliff: They didn't tell me. Now you just wait a minute and listen to me. I haven't seen Clarence in three years. He shows up here yesterday with a young girl, saying that he got married. He asks for, uh, some quick cash to go on a honeymoon. I felt like helping him, so I wrote him out a check. We went to breakfast in the morning and that's the last I saw of him. They never thought to tell me where they were going. And I never thought to ask.

[Coccotti signals to VIRGIL, standing behind Cliff. Virgil takes Cliff's hand, cuts it with a knife and pours alcohol over it. Coccotti throws Cliff a towel. Luca enters the room and speaks to Coccotti in Italian. Coccotti answers him.]

Coccotti: You know, Sicilians are great liars. The best. I'm sicilian. My father was the world heavyweight champion of sicilian liars. From growing up with him, I learned the pantomime. There are 17 different things a guy can do when he lies to give himself away. A guy's got 17 pantomimes. A woman's got 20, guy's got 17. But, if you know them, like you do you're own face, they beat lie detector's all to hell. Now, what we got here is a little game of "show and tell." You don't want to show me nothing, but you're telling me everything. I know you know where they are so... tell me... before I do some damage you won't walk away from.

Cliff: Could I have one of those Chestefields now?

Coccotti: Sure. [Hands him a cigarette]

Cliff: You got a match? No. Wait. No, no. I've got one. [He lights the cigarette]. You're sicilian, huh?

Coccotti: Sicilian.

Cliff: You know, I read a lot, especially about things--about history. I find that shit fascinating. Here's a fact I don't know whether you know or not. Sicilians were spawned by African Americans.

Coccotti: Come again?

Cliff: It's a fact. You see uh, sicilians have black blood running through their veins. You see, hundreds and hundreds of years ago, the Moors conquered Sicily. And the Moors are African Americans. You see, way back then, uh Sicilians were like whops from northern Italy. They all had blonde hair and blue eyse. But then the Moors moved in there, and they changed the whle country. They did so much f***ing with sicilian women that they changed the whole bloodline forever. That's why blonde hair and blue eyes became, black hair and dark skin. You know it's absolutly amazing to me to think that to this day, hundreds of years later, that sicilians still carry that African American gene. Now this, [Coccotti starts laughing] no, I'm quoting history. It's written. It's a fact. It's written.

Coccotti: I love this guy...

Cliff: You're ancestors are African Americans. Huh? And--and your great-great-great-great grandmother f*cked a African American, and she had a half-African American kid. Now if that's a fact, tell me. Am I lying? Cause you are eggplan.

[both men erupt in laughter]

Coccotti: You're a cantalope.

[Coccotti gets up kisses Cliff on the cheek. He walks back to the end of the room, turns around and faces Cliff, still laughing. He turns around concealing a gun in his sleeve. He walks over to Cliff, and shoots Cliff three times in the head.]

Coccotti: I haven't killed anybody since 1984. Go to this comedian son's apartment and come back with something that tells me where this asshole went, so I can wipe this stain off of my face.

[Camera turns to Frankie and Luca]

Luca: [in italian] Franco, what just happened?

Frankie [in italian] He said that Sicilians are spawned by African Americans, so Don Vincenzo killed him.

Coccotti: Fix this f*cked up family for good.

[Frankie finds a piece of cardboard taped to the refridgerator saying "Clarence in LA. Dick Ritchie 12127 West Ardmore, Hollywood, CA"]

Frankie: Hey boss, prepare to be happy.

True Romance...

EDIT: obviously the auto- senscors got to me...

Edited by kazzman