Clockwork Angels 5.1?

rugen

I just hope they put Something out this year

I have the DVD of Snakes and Arrows and I think the two channel release was better. There's too much airyness in the 5.1 for my tastes. I wish it had been released as a high rez DVD-Audio, but it wasnt. It was on the new MVI format, which isnt high rez and isnt DVD-Audio either. Fingers crossed for the new album on a high rez format like DVD-A or SACD!

QUOTE (RUDT @ Feb 23 2012, 12:28 PM)
I hope that they made a 5.1 DVD-audio of the cd with a documentary about the making of the cd, just like they did with Snakes and Arrows.

yes.gif

That would be great! I recently got the S&A box (finally!!) and having the "Making of" featurette really gives one an insight to the album.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Feb 23 2012, 08:54 PM)
QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ Feb 23 2012, 09:43 PM)
could someone post a picture of this "SnA "box""? i keep hearing about it, but i have never seen it in a store. now that i think about it i can't remember where i picked up my copy of SnA...

thanks! that looks really cool, definitely should get around to ordering that.

QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ Feb 23 2012, 10:03 PM)
could someone post a picture of this "SnA "box""? i keep hearing about it, but i have never seen it in a store. now that i think about it i can't remember where i picked up my copy of SnA...

Just make sure you have a setup that can take advantage of it. There's no point in buying a 5.1 set if you don't have a 5.1 setup after all.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Feb 24 2012, 12:05 AM)

Just make sure you have a setup that can take advantage of it. There's no point in buying a 5.1 set if you don't have a 5.1 setup after all.

It has the "making of" video that will play in any DVD player and that is definitely worth having.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Feb 24 2012, 08:28 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Feb 24 2012, 12:05 AM)

It has the "making of" video that will play in any DVD player and that is definitely worth having.

Good point.